10 Carlos Hernedez, RHP
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:29 PM 03-07-2021
Padres announcers are awful.
[Reply]
tk13 03:59 PM 03-07-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Padres announcers are awful.
Don Orsillo might be the most popular local play by play guy in the game. Their announcers were literally ranked first when they did a poll of baseball fans a couple years ago.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:22 PM 03-07-2021
Originally Posted by tk13:
Don Orsillo might be the most popular local play by play guy in the game. Their announcers were literally ranked first when they did a poll of baseball fans a couple years ago.

Good for them.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:22 PM 03-07-2021
Taylor with a bomb.
[Reply]
sweendog48 05:23 PM 03-07-2021
3 observations from the game today.

1. Padres announcers have to be the two biggest annoying goons I have ever heard in my life, my God, you talk about a couple of drips,dorks, saps. next time they are on I am muting the sound.

2. Carlos Hernandez was filthy, he is not far away from being a dominant bullpen guy, 98-100 with a filthy breaking ball he was unhitable except the mistake to Hosmer which the ball was placed belt high and away which is the only place he can drive a ball, that was major league closer stuff. I wish the game would have been on tv yesterday, it sounds like Austin cox and Johnathan Bowlan were nasty as well both striking out the side. So far the guys not named Lynch, Kowar and Bubic are the ones who are shining bright.

3. the hitting looks the same as the last 3 years, they cannot hit with men on base or in scoring position, bases loaded no outs, don't score, base loaded 1 out, don't score, 2 on no outs don't score, runner at second no outs don't score, 9 guys stranded through 5 innings, same old shit. Taylor has been impressive so far, that would be huge for the bottom of the lineup if he can swing the bat the way he is and play premium defense.
[Reply]
eDave 05:28 PM 03-07-2021
Trying to get to a game is proving to be impossible. It already nearly was before Covid. No bueno now. 20% max capacity.
[Reply]
lewdog 05:37 PM 03-07-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Trying to get to a game is proving to be impossible. It already nearly was before Covid. No bueno now. 20% max capacity.
Yup.

And those buying tickets and selling secondary are asking for 2-3x the price. No thanks.
[Reply]
eDave 06:04 PM 03-07-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Yup.

And those buying tickets and selling secondary are asking for 2-3x the price. No thanks.
That's not much worse than pre-covid. But at least then it was full, and fun, and full of hot AZ chicks. God damn! Such a great social scene rivaled only by the WM Open. Sucks man. Sucks bad.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 08:03 PM 03-07-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
No, **** Dan Glass.

Beltran was willing to do an extension and then Glass threw a fit when Beltran’s agent requested $1M more/season.
I don’t remember details. I just remember being the NY and Boston farm club.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:27 PM 03-07-2021
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
I don’t remember details. I just remember being the NY and Boston farm club.
Actually you mean Oakland and Houston because that who we did the deals with for Dye, Damon and Beltran.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:58 PM 03-07-2021
There is almost nothing more meaningless than Spring Training. The regular season cannot get here soon enough.

I'm already infuriated that Whit is going to be banished to the OF, reducing his value when we need to put young talent out there to see how they do.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:58 PM 03-07-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
It will be at least 50% by the end of July.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:12 PM 03-07-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
There is almost nothing more meaningless than Spring Training. The regular season cannot get here soon enough.

I'm already infuriated that Whit is going to be banished to the OF, reducing his value when we need to put young talent out there to see how they do.
I hate spring training. They should reduce it to half. That would give them plenty of practice. It's not like anyone makes roster decisions based on spring training results.
[Reply]
tk13 10:43 PM 03-07-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I hate spring training. They should reduce it to half. That would give them plenty of practice. It's not like anyone makes roster decisions based on spring training results.
The pitching staff is the biggest problem with that. A lot of hitters might be fine, but the bigger deal is you just aren't going to get all your pitchers ramped up in 2-3 weeks.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:13 PM 03-07-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Actually you mean Oakland and Houston because that who we did the deals with for Dye, Damon and Beltran.
We rarely dealt with BOS and NYY directly, they just always seemed to end up signing our players once their rental periods were up with the squads we dealt them to.
[Reply]
Page 27 of 440
« First < 172324252627 282930313777127 > Last »
Up