ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 515 of 3903
« First < 15415465505511512513514515 51651751851952556561510151515 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:31 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I think people get confused by the "lockdown" language. Even Italy is still allowing people to go out to get food and to work. It's not like people are literally sitting in their homes 24/7.
Italy and France are requiring anyone leaving their home to show a form to local authorities, providing an explanation for why they are out.

I hope that is not the slippery slope where the US is heading.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:32 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I think people get confused by the "lockdown" language. Even Italy is still allowing people to go out to get food and to work. It's not like people are literally sitting in their homes 24/7.
Sounds in many ways like the "lockdown" in Italy is less extensive than much of what has been done in the United States over the last week or so.

I really think we need to start acknowledging the cultural differences between these two nations (nevermind the geographical or demographic ones).

I think we'd be hard pressed to find a more sociable group of people on the planet than the Italians and if these restrictions truly are relatively benign in many ways, they're going to continue to congregate.
[Reply]
Fish 10:33 AM 03-20-2020
The deadline to file your taxes with the Internal Revenue Service has been pushed back from April 15 to July 15, Treasury Sec. Steve Mnuchin said Friday morning.

He said President Donald Trump directed the Treasury Department and the IRS to extend the deadline.

“All taxpayers and businesses will have this additional time to file and make payments without interest or penalties,” Mnuchin said on Twitter.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:36 AM 03-20-2020
Five to seven million unemployed people in the service industry alone.
[Reply]
stevieray 10:37 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
The deadline to file your taxes with the Internal Revenue Service has been pushed back from April 15 to July 15, Treasury Sec. Steve Mnuchin said Friday morning.

He said President Donald Trump directed the Treasury Department and the IRS to extend the deadline.

“All taxpayers and businesses will have this additional time to file and make payments without interest or penalties,” Mnuchin said on Twitter.
I got my taxes back on Monday.

Couldn't have asked for better timing.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:38 AM 03-20-2020
My dog is pretty much stuck in a state of confusion. Instead of leaving him home alone I’m here every day now.

He has constantly peaked his head in the door to make sure that it’s actually me and that he’s not having an aneurism.

Poor bastard
[Reply]
Dunit35 10:41 AM 03-20-2020
Wife had an MRI on her knee. She tore her ACL, lateral meniscus, and has a bone bruise. Her surgery is Thursday at the hospital. If the hospital cancels it he’s going to do the surgery at the local surgery center.

She’s unable to walk or put any pressure on her knee so he considers it an emergency. She’s on her own at the hospital/surgery center since they won’t let non patients inside.
[Reply]
Bwana 10:42 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
My dog is pretty much stuck in a state of confusion. Instead of leaving him home alone I’m here every day now.

He has constantly peaked his head in the door to make sure that it’s actually me and that he’s not having an aneurism.

Poor bastard
:-)
Yeah same here. They are happy about it, but keep giving me the old "WTH are you doing here" look.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:42 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Italy and France are requiring anyone leaving their home to show a form to local authorities, providing an explanation for why they are out.

I hope that is not the slippery slope where the US is heading.
How long until a cop shoots someone, or a cop gets shot?

I don't like this at all.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:43 AM 03-20-2020
I went to go do my taxes and they're requiring people to drop off all forms and they’ll call you if they have any questions. Two days later you get a report of your return and your request to approve it.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:43 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Not sure what places you are referring to but that’s not the case anywhere around here. No RTs in the OR..
I ran vents in the OR during my residency at Truman, Research, St. Luke’s, Children’s Mercy and Menorah. But that was a long time ago. So that will free up some doctors to run vents but doesnt increase the total RT’s I posted earlier.

Curious, are RT’s still intubating patients or is that all Doctors these days?
[Reply]
displacedinMN 10:45 AM 03-20-2020
listened to the press conference. Had to be done with it.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:45 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I went to go do my taxes and they're requiring people to drop off all forms and they’ll call you if they have any questions. Two days later you get a report of your return and your request to approve it.
IRS announced they have moved the tax deadline to June.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 10:46 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
Wife had an MRI on her knee. She tore her ACL, lateral meniscus, and has a bone bruise. Her surgery is Thursday at the hospital. If the hospital cancels it he’s going to do the surgery at the local surgery center.

She’s unable to walk or put any pressure on her knee so he considers it an emergency. She’s on her own at the hospital/surgery center since they won’t let non patients inside.
Ill say s prayer for your wife
[Reply]
petegz28 10:48 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
IRS announced they have moved the tax deadline to June.
July
[Reply]
Page 515 of 3903
« First < 15415465505511512513514515 51651751851952556561510151515 > Last »
Up