ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1055 of 3903
« First < 555559551005104510511052105310541055 105610571058105910651105115515552055 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
jdubya 06:14 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
That's a different scenario, though. If she weren't wearing gloves and a mask, and had done the same things you described (sans removing the gloves and mask), I don't see why her risk of infection would go up or down. It would be the same.

I'm happy to be proven wrong, mind you.
I think you just answered your question. Wearing the gloves gave her a false sense of security so her caution went out the window and she made mistakes. She also doesnt realize she is contaminating her hands using an improper method of glove removal. These things will then increase her risk of infection rather than not wearing gloves at all.
[Reply]
eDave 06:15 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
:-)
Seriously though, this is the sort of thing that keeps us from a complete lockdown. Peeps here want to be outside. Our days inside are coming with summer. This is the part of the year people move here for. This is the time of year we have backyard parties, etc.

Gov. knows this and is taking a very measured approach. I know Lewdog doesn't like this and I won't bemoan that at all. But I like what I am seeing here.

Found meat finally too. Still no TP or tissue.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 06:19 PM 04-02-2020
Great, Miami-Dade County now requiring grocery stores to limit customers in their stores to 50% of their normal capacity.

Unintended consequences... people will now wait in long lines outside (probably not standing six feet apart) and in the heat and other weather conditions for potentially prolonged periods of time.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:20 PM 04-02-2020
Kamal Ahmed

@bbckamal
Health secretary @MattHancock says govt is looking at issuing certificates or wrist bands to those who have had Covid-19 and could have a degree of immunity #bbcqt Says can’t happen now, but could be for the future
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:20 PM 04-02-2020
(Sigh.) In a non-Covid world I would be checking into my hotel in Queens right now, getting ready to take the ferry to New Jersey to run the Asbury Park half-marathon this weekend. The reminders are popping up on my calendar now.

(Sigh.)
[Reply]
BWillie 06:22 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Kamal Ahmed

@bbckamal
Health secretary @MattHancock says govt is looking at issuing certificates or wrist bands to those who have had Covid-19 and could have a degree of immunity #bbcqt Says can’t happen now, but could be for the future
Sounds like I better start producing fakes on the black market for an infinite amount of money.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:23 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Seriously though, this is the sort of thing that keeps us from a complete lockdown. Peeps here want to be outside. Our days inside are coming with summer. This is the part of the year people move here for. This is the time of year we have backyard parties, etc.

Gov. knows this and is taking a very measured approach. I know Lewdog doesn't like this and I won't bemoan that at all. But I like what I am seeing here.

Found meat finally too. Still no TP or tissue.
yeah same here. In about 2-3 weeks it’s going to feel like 105 degrees outside for 4-5 months. Getting people out of the parks is turning out to be an issue.
[Reply]
Donger 06:24 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
I think you just answered your question. Wearing the gloves gave her a false sense of security so her caution went out the window and she made mistakes. She also doesnt realize she is contaminating her hands using an improper method of glove removal. These things will then increase her risk of infection rather than not wearing gloves at all.
No, I didn't. You don't know that she would have done anything differently or had more caution if she weren't wearing gloves or a mask.

She would have touched her keys. Same result.

She would have touched her car doors. Same result.

And so on. I get that if she had followed proper procedure, she could have decreased her likelihood of infection, but sorry, I don't see the increase.

Please understand. I'm not trying to be difficult. Heck, I posted the precautions I take (and have) in this very thread.
[Reply]
TLO 06:25 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Kamal Ahmed

@bbckamal
This is the dumbest idea ever.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:26 PM 04-02-2020
NYC in and we are still under 1k new deaths.....progress
[Reply]
mlyonsd 06:26 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
(Sigh.) In a non-Covid world I would be checking into my hotel in Queens right now, getting ready to take the ferry to New Jersey to run the Asbury Park half-marathon this weekend. The reminders are popping up on my calendar now.

(Sigh.)
My wife would be flying to NO Saturday for a conference.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 06:27 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
NYC in and we are still under 1k new deaths.....progress

What?
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 06:28 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
yeah same here. In about 2-3 weeks it’s going to feel like 105 degrees outside for 4-5 months. Getting people out of the parks is turning out to be an issue.
Think about how many homes are going to be running the AC during peak daytime hours when people were typically at work.

Or how many homes don't even have great AC to begin with.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:29 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
My wife would be flying to NO Saturday for a conference.
WTF are they having a conference for?
[Reply]
petegz28 06:30 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
What?
NYC has had a tendency to knock the number of new deaths up significantly in the evenings. Yesterday we were over 1k new deaths. Today it appears we will be under that
[Reply]
Page 1055 of 3903
« First < 555559551005104510511052105310541055 105610571058105910651105115515552055 > Last »
Up