ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 26
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Spags does it again
RunKC 08:52 PM 01-21-2023
20 points allowed
Lawrence three for only 90 yards in his first 23 attempts (3.91 avg)
Tackling was solid
Blitzes were very good including the Reid blitz that on the Watson pick play

He did this with 5 rookies playing a lot of snaps today. Just a remarkable performance from his defense
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:10 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
No, dude.

Saying someone is "pulling it out of his ass" speaks more to that person's luck than actual talent, ability, or scheming. It's not a compliment.

Last night wasn't luck. He rope-a-doped it in the first match. Ths is as close as we've ever come to proof that Andy Reid teams with our track record of success deliberately hold a lot back during the regular season in the hopes of unleashing hell iin the playoffs.

That's always talked about amongst Chiefs fans, and while I had been inclined to roll my eyes, last year we brought McKinnon out of nowhere and this time Spags outduels Burrow and CJ puts in one of his best games ever.

The hype is real. Spags is real.
The curtain has been peeled back.

This is how dynasties start.

Now we just have to hope Andy doesn't trade for a younger, more athletic QB when Mahomes is 30 and start a QB controversey.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:11 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by stevieray:
It doesn't matter, don't understand why you feel the need to say so.
Apparently it does....
[Reply]
stevieray 10:12 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I'll leave the cock sucking to you

just stop.

it's not an either/or determined by you.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:13 PM 01-30-2023
What you're saying is I won't slob his knob and you're pissed. I don't think he is a great DC. I think he has his moments when it counts and I give him credit for that.
No. We're all saying you're an idiot. You won't even give him credit for yesterday ("pulling it out of his ass" is not a compliment or credit, dummy). You clearly don't quite have an understanding of football if you think you need to win each and every battle rather than the overall war.

You're amongst the idiots who complain when we have DE in coverage because the concept of a zone blitz is foreign. You probably blame Spags or the DBs when Chase and Higgins have those deep completions yesterday. You just continue to miss the point again and again and again.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:14 PM 01-30-2023
It really is interesting when you think about it.

In a game we were all BEGGING the Chiefs to win in Cincy, the Chiefs decided to hold back strategy and risk losing the one seed for the long-term play.

And they almost pulled it off.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:16 PM 01-30-2023
No. We're all saying you're an idiot. You won't even give him credit for yesterday ("pulling it out of his ass" is not a compliment or credit, dummy). You clearly don't quite have an understanding of football if you think you need to win each and every battle rather than the overall war.

You're amongst the idiots who complain when we have DE in coverage because the concept of a zone blitz is foreign. You probably blame Spags or the DBs when Chase and Higgins have those deep completions yesterday. You just continue to miss the point again and again and again.
If you say so......you also wanted Reek cut from the team the year we won the SB, so pardon me if I think you're full of shit
[Reply]
petegz28 10:17 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by stevieray:
just stop.

it's not an either/or determined by you.
I guess it's determined by you then????

Just stop
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:25 PM 01-30-2023
If you say so......you also wanted Reek cut from the team the year we won the SB, so pardon me if I think you're full of shit
LOL. Yeah, I kinda thought if he abused his son he should be cut from the team. I think that's pretty clear cut.

So ironic that the guy whose name is synonymous with having the most legendary bad takes on this board wants to go back in history.

Your football takes are just horrible. We're at another AFCCG because of Spags, not in spite of him.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:28 PM 01-30-2023

he literally did in the game thread. He literally said FUCK SPAGS on a long completion to Chase into double coverage.

I was like-

dude, it was double covered. How is that Spags fault?!

Reerun.
[Reply]
Chieftain 10:33 PM 01-30-2023
That to me was a masterpiece gameplan by Spags. Especially the last two drives of the game. I am still shocked they were able to stop them dead in their tracks. 3 SB appearances with this guy as defensive coordinator.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:33 PM 01-30-2023
LOL. Yeah, I kinda thought if he abused his son he should be cut from the team. I think that's pretty clear cut.

So ironic that the guy whose name is synonymous with having the most legendary bad takes on this board wants to go back in history.

Your football takes are just horrible. We're at another AFCCG because of Spags, not in spite of him.
You wanted him cut based on some fat bitches uninformed story. GTFO with that shit.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 10:34 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
On each of the bengals big plays we had 1 sometimes 2 guys draped on their receivers. It was an absolutely magnificent performance from our DBs.

playing devils advocate, its easier to have this type of performance when the DL is dominating an OL missing key components,
and the QB is running for his life.

for reference, just watch the tampa bay superbowl we lost as an extreme example.

I think anyone expecting this level of dominance on the DL leading to the total disruption of the offense hasn't been watching carefully enough. It was a great sight to see, but I think we shouldnt fool ourselves as to the causes...

I am VERY happy spags took complete advantage of a wounded OL. don't get me wrong. Im just extremely nervous that its a bit of an illusion. So I am gonna do this:

I am gonna prepare my crow. I am gonna put that bitch in a crock pot. I am gonna season it and make some dumplings and gravy. I'm gonna get that shit ready and sit down. I am gonna fold a napkin over my leg. I'm gonna get my knife and fork and get ready to eat. But I am not eating a bite until about 8:30 PM on Sunday the 12th of Feb. I am fully expecting a high scoring shootout and not a defensive battle. Not sure if I will be eating this crow or not but I think we will win this regardless.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:34 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
he literally did in the game thread. He literally said **** SPAGS on a long completion to Chase into double coverage.

I was like-

dude, it was double covered. How is that Spags fault?!

Reerun.
Literally.. I mean, like literally...literally
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:39 PM 01-30-2023
Eh, it's not like Burrow hasn't made it work with a shit OL before. And Spags for the most part had everything stamped out, especially once Boyd went down. Mixon and Perine were nonfactors, Chase and Higgins were reasonably limited, and the only 'drives' they could muster were chunk plays on 50/50 balls or rookies blowing a coverage or two. Spags deserves all the Escalades in the world after that one.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:40 PM 01-30-2023
There are a lot of good scheming DC's out there for sure. But Spags is not only a great schemer but he knows how to get the most out of the players we have whether they are rookies, older vets or folks in their prime. He has made a believer out of me. Take our SB win in 2020. Our D was mediocre first half of the season but by the playoffs this defense was on fire. Same thing happened in 2121 and Spags knew he needed an extra piece in adding Ingraham and once he came on board that defense went from below average to very good. Just sucked that our starting o-line was out that year against the Bucs.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 26
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up