ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Who was the anti-hero of the anti-win?
Chris "Shut your g*****n mouth" Jones 41 35.04%
Matt "We pay you to make those" Ammendola 22 18.80%
Skyy "We pay you to catch those" Moore 22 18.80%
Another player that I excoriate in a post below. 0 0%
It's a team loss so I won't call out individuals. 30 25.64%
Our boys did their best but the Colts were just the better team on this given Sunday. 2 1.71%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Who was the anti-hero of the Week 3 anti-win against the Colts?
Rain Man 04:53 PM 09-25-2022
We have some obvious candidates. Poll coming as soon as I remove my fist from the drywall.
[Reply]
TEX 07:27 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
I find it interesting so many are voting Jones here. Not saying he's innocent but the "Special" teams unit gave up/left 11-14 points on the field. Toub or that soon to be serving you coffee at Denny's schmuck Ammendola and Skyy Moore deserve dick of the week over Jones.
My reasoning for voting for Jones was simple. Yes it was a crap-tastic game filled with ots of errors throughout - particularly special teams. However, the Chiefs had overcome all of them and they were winning and had taken complete control of the game when Jones committed his infraction. So because of the timing of it Jones gets my vote.
[Reply]
oldman 07:49 AM 09-26-2022
So many options, just one vote, so I'm going to go with the other kicker that shall never be named. That fake FG was enough evidence that both Andy and Toub didn't have confidence in him.
I forgot to set my DVR review the game later, so I'm going on memory here, but I believe the open roof fooled Moore more than once. I don't believe I've ever seen that roof open. Kelce's drop of a TD pass was another sun/shadow related error.
It's easy to single out Jones for his error, but it's always the 2nd guy that gets caught. Who knows what Ryan said to him. Yeah, he's been around long enough to know better, but how many times have we seen Brady get away for "abusive language"?
[Reply]
ReynardMuldrake 07:54 AM 09-26-2022
I blame the shitty Arizona turf conditions. If Butker was healthy, we win that game.
[Reply]
Pablo 08:05 AM 09-26-2022
I think Bolton was the only guy I’m gonna remove any blame from that played regularly yesterday. Everyone else fucked something up that added to a pile of shit.

And our worst offenders all deserve the shit talking they’re getting
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:16 AM 09-26-2022
I gotta go with the staff.

How the holy fuck do we not blow the doors off these cunts?

Was it that the players were flat?
Was it unprepared for a meh passrush?
Why the fuck are we trick playing it after the wheels fell off EVERYTHING we tried to do? Get that on film when we're up 10.
How the fuck can Skyy not see the balls? Didn't they field punts in pregame? WTF?

If this was a good team, I'd look elsewhere, but this fuckhead of a team completely inept everywhere and we fucked it up. I gotta look uphill from more than than just a play or two. There were wider issues here.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 08:19 AM 09-26-2022
Special Teams gets the most blame from me. They were spectacularly unfocused.
ST and Offense Coaches get the second most blame. These are the people entrusted to bring focus to the players, get their heads right. They did not do that this week.
The O-Line and running game get the third most blame. We would like to think our OnLine could impose their will enough to get at least a 3 yard gain whenever needed.

The Defense is the only group that gave me some sporadic positive feels. Not consistently though.
[Reply]
arrwheader 08:31 AM 09-26-2022
Hot take here, Dave Toub. What in the actual fuck. I'd be willing to bet he signed off on signing this abomination of a "kicker" we have. Also did we even take one touchback? Can't coach up sky on catching balls into the sun? After that muffed punt he goes put there and about does it again and puts us pinned us deep. Just let it bounce off the turf maybe if you cant track it? Did Toub mentuon this? No? Does he know wtf hes doing then? Maybe it was all sky. This is going back more than just this game, I've noticed a lot of mistakes and inexplicable decisions that reflect on him. Hey is he serviceable and a decent coach? Absolutely. Is he "one of the best on the league " I'd say nope.

Sent from my SM-F711U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:32 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Jones had the last gaffe but Moore had easily the biggest. Especially when you combine it with his vapor lock on the next return that effectively killed that drive before it started. And since he can't get on the field, it's not like he did anything offensively to even partially offset the damage he did.

Lots of contributors here but Moore was easily the biggest net negative, IMO.
Correct

Also, it’s passé to always blame a kicker. As the saying goes “if you have to rely on a kicker then you already deserved to lose”

He’s a temp worker as it is. Or was, didn’t see any updates
[Reply]
O.city 08:32 AM 09-26-2022
They let go alot of core special teams guys this past year and are going with alot of younger guys there.

This is what everyone wanted, no?
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 08:38 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Jones and the kicker lead the pack, but everyone contributed.

Let's not forget future Hall of Famer Travis Kelce dropping a touchdown pass, and future Hall of Famer Patrick Mahomes overthrowing a wide the hell open MVS that would have been a sure touchdown.
Yep, and Tommy Townsend throwing a 10 yard pass like a girl during a fake FG that never should've been attempted. The guy he was trying to throw to appeared to be wide open.
[Reply]
StinkBox 08:42 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by KCTitus:
Team loss...huge emotional win last week, even though they had 3 additional days to rest and prepare, they were flat.

Unfortunate...this team can play better and like I said last year, it's a shame to see them squander talent.
I'll go with this.

Team loss.

I also think Eric Bieniemy is a distraction more than an asset and the Chiefs need to kindly cut ties with him in the most professional means.

Also, I'm a Cowboys fan first and a Patrick Mahomes fan 1.1 so I don't think my opinion is biased.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:42 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
They let go alot of core special teams guys this past year and are going with alot of younger guys there.

Many of the STs mistakes weren't made by 'replacements' for the core STs guys though.

Moore is simply taking returns instead of Hardman, whos still on the roster. Townsend overcooking a pitch and catch has nothing to do with roster turnover. The kicker yacking multiple attempts because of an injury.

Now the delay of game? Dunno. But I'm not gonna just assume it was the fault of whoever took over for DoD. Because hell, Lammons is still here. Who else did we lose? Kemp/Fountain?

Roster churn didn't cause yesterdays STs implosions, IMO.
[Reply]
oldman 08:42 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:

It wasn't coverage yesterday, it was execution. Seriously, did you miss Kemp, Pringle, DOD, or any other JAG yesterday?
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 09:39 AM 09-26-2022
It has to be Jones. All he literally has to do is walk off the field and the game is 99% over.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:11 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by oldman:
So many options, just one vote, so I'm going to go with the other kicker that shall never be named. That fake FG was enough evidence that both Andy and Toub didn't have confidence in him.
I forgot to set my DVR review the game later, so I'm going on memory here, but I believe the open roof fooled Moore more than once. I don't believe I've ever seen that roof open. Kelce's drop of a TD pass was another sun/shadow related error.
It's easy to single out Jones for his error, but it's always the 2nd guy that gets caught. Who knows what Ryan said to him. Yeah, he's been around long enough to know better, but how many times have we seen Brady get away for "abusive language"?
I actually didn't know that their roof opened. I don't think we've ever played a game there with an open roof, and while I don't try hard to watch other Colts games, I don't think I've ever seen the roof open in any other Colts game.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up