ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 112 of 1866
« First < 1262102108109110111112 1131141151161221622126121112 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Are you going to take the vaccine?
GloryDayz 08:48 AM 12-01-2020
I know I'm going to try to be first in line, but what about the rest of you? I'm not sure if the death count is where the science community wants it to be, plus Birdbrain hasn't been sworn in, so I expect there will be delays, but that's beside the point.

You can be honest.
[Reply]
banyon 09:28 AM 04-03-2021
Originally Posted by seamonster:
You ignored most of what I was saying to go on this lunatic screed. IF YOU HAVE ANTIBODIES than you have no reason to take an unapproved experimental vaccine.
1. The duration of natural covid immunity is unknown. It is suspected to be between 4-8 months. So perhaps you could go without for 4 months, but then it may wear off. At that point there would be a reason to be vaccinated.

2. There are variants, particularly the South African one, present now in the US for which natural immunity may not work, but Pfizer came out and said that their vaccine has proven highly effective vs it.

Also not sure what you mean by “unapproved experimental”.
These vaccines were tested in the same manner we have been testing vaccines for decades. At this point too, we have a large amount of data that they are safe.
[Reply]
seamonster 09:30 AM 04-03-2021
Originally Posted by banyon:
1. The duration of natural covid immunity is unknown. It is suspected to be between 4-8 months. So perhaps you could go without for 4 months, but then it may wear off. At that point there would be a reason to be vaccinated.

2. There are variants, particularly the South African one, present now in the US for which natural immunity may not work, but Pfizer came out and said that their vaccine has proven highly effective vs it.
The duration of antibodies can last 90 years (spanish flu proved that). People that got infected in 2020 are still inoculated.

And there should be millions of re-infections with these "variants" yet there's hardly any.
[Reply]
F150 09:38 AM 04-03-2021
Originally Posted by seamonster:
The duration of antibodies can last 90 years (spanish flu proved that). People that got infected in 2020 are still inoculated.

And there should be millions of re-infections with these "variants" yet there's hardly any.

Variants are not all infectious or bad. Your statement is that of someone who assumes all mutations are stronger, worse, more deadly than the previous was.

Antibodies may be broader spectrum than a single variant of the virus , another bad assumption on your part.

We will know how long the antibodies remain in 90 years. To assume it will be same as Spanish Flu is folly.

AntiVax makes all things possible though so I get where you are coming from.
[Reply]
seamonster 09:39 AM 04-03-2021
Originally Posted by F150:
Variants are not all infectious or bad. Your statement is that of someone who assumes all mutations are stronger, worse, more deadly than the previous was.

Antibodies may be broader spectrum than a single variant of the virus , another bad assumption on your part.


We will know how long the antibodies remain in 90 years. To assume it will be same as Spanish Flu is folly.

AntiVax makes all things possible though so I get where you are coming from.
Where's the millions of re-infections?
[Reply]
banyon 09:40 AM 04-03-2021
Originally Posted by seamonster:
The duration of antibodies can last 90 years (spanish flu proved that). People that got infected in 2020 are still inoculated.

And there should be millions of re-infections with these "variants" yet there's hardly any.
90 years? What are you talking about? Do you think that once you’ve had the Flu, you are never going to get it again for the rest of your life?

Do you understand that this is a novel (new) virus and they have different characteristics?
[Reply]
F150 09:44 AM 04-03-2021
Originally Posted by seamonster:
Where's the millions of re-infections?

Do you understand a antibody can be effective against multiple variants or did you ask this without giving any thought?

Why do you assume this "millions of re-infections"?
[Reply]
seamonster 09:47 AM 04-03-2021
Originally Posted by banyon:
90 years? What are you talking about? Do you think that once you’ve had the Flu, you are never going to get it again for the rest of your life?

Do you understand that this is a novel (new) virus and they have different characteristics?

Spanish Flu Antibodies Found in Survivor in the 1990's

Those spanish-flu anibodies are why you're still alive. Had the spanish flu strain variants not have been handled by antibodies we'd all be dead.

And there are no studies that prove that antibodies for covid magically go away after 4 months. That's disinformation.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:48 AM 04-03-2021
Originally Posted by seamonster:
You ignored most of what I was saying to go on this lunatic screed. IF YOU HAVE ANTIBODIES than you have no reason to take an unapproved experimental vaccine. And I wouldn't hold it against someone for not wanting to take an experimental virus sans antibodies. This type of vaccine has never been mass produced and most liberals were against it when ORANGEMANBAD was running the show. .
there is enough info to debunk most of what you have said in here already figure I would be beating a dead horse, I was more surprised that would you think the FDA is the gold standard for safety.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:54 AM 04-03-2021
Originally Posted by seamonster:
Spanish Flu Antibodies Found in Survivor in the 1990's

Those spanish-flu anibodies are why you're still alive. Had the spanish flu strain variants not have been handled by antibodies we'd all be dead.

And there are no studies that prove that antibodies for covid magically go away after 4 months. That's disinformation.
I think they have already proven the antibodies wane over time , like influenza antibodies, there are still unsure of long term t-cell immunity, and figuring out who has antibodies/ or got COVID can be difficult because they do go away and the antibody tests have been less than accurate .

So it is easier to vaccinate everyone so nobody gets missed, as long as a virus can find a host it has the potential to change potentially rendering any known vaccine useless.
[Reply]
seamonster 09:55 AM 04-03-2021
Originally Posted by F150:
Do you understand a antibody can be effective against multiple variants or did you ask this without giving any thought?

Why do you assume this "millions of re-infections"?
If I need to take some experimental vaccine because antibodies are "too broad in spectrum" than I should be able to see the research that proves there's been millions of re-infections. Where's this mysterious data coming from that gave me "bad assumptions"?
[Reply]
banyon 09:56 AM 04-03-2021
Originally Posted by seamonster:
Spanish Flu Antibodies Found in Survivor in the 1990's

Those spanish-flu anibodies are why you're still alive. Had the spanish flu strain variants not have been handled by antibodies we'd all be dead.

And there are no studies that prove that antibodies for covid magically go away after 4 months. That's disinformation.
Do you understand that there are many diseases and viruses that do not work like this Spanish Flu immunity you cite? Why would you assume they work the same?
[Reply]
seamonster 09:56 AM 04-03-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I think they have already proven the antibodies wane over time , like influenza antibodies, there are still unsure of long term t-cell immunity, and figuring out who has antibodies/ or got COVID can be difficult because they do go away and the antibody tests have been less than accurate .

So it is easier to vaccinate everyone so nobody gets missed, as long as a virus can find a host it has the potential to change potentially rendering any known vaccine useless.
Bullshit. Where's the millions of re-infected people?
[Reply]
banyon 09:57 AM 04-03-2021
Originally Posted by seamonster:
If I need to take some experimental vaccine because antibodies are "too broad in spectrum" than I should be able to see the research that proves there's been millions of re-infections. Where's this mysterious data coming from that gave me "bad assumptions"?
Again what’s with the “experimental” label? All vaccines are tested the way this one was.
[Reply]
seamonster 10:03 AM 04-03-2021
Originally Posted by banyon:
Again what’s with the “experimental” label? All vaccines are tested the way this one was.
I consider something that hasn't been approved by the FDA and isn't out of it's IV trial to be experimental. It also wasn't tested on animals. They went straight to people. And it's the first of it's kind to be mass produced. It's a 0.0.1 version.
[Reply]
banyon 10:07 AM 04-03-2021
Originally Posted by seamonster:
Bullshit. Where's the millions of re-infected people?
If it takes 8 months for the immunity to wane, and it took a month to get over it, then most Americans weren’t starting to get infected in large numbers until the Summer or Fall waves. Plus they would need some length of time to get reinfected.

I do know several people personally who have caught it twice. Mainly jailers who get regular exposure through the circulation of inmates.
Attached: A6D8A79C-64DD-408B-8E0D-68A936D4ADF0.jpg (31.6 KB) 
[Reply]
Page 112 of 1866
« First < 1262102108109110111112 1131141151161221622126121112 > Last »
Up