ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 18
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Media Center>Tiger King(Netflix)
Why Not? 09:44 PM 03-22-2020
This is some of the weirdest, most entertaining shit I’ve ever watched. Check it out.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:43 AM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Faaaaaaaaaaake. You realize that right?
Do explain.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:49 AM 03-31-2020
At the very least, this show is exposing the slimy underbelly of the exotic animal biz.

There are no heroes in this entire tale. They are all weasels of some sort.
[Reply]
luv 11:21 AM 03-31-2020
Watched this over the weekend. Laughed and said WTF a lot.

I'm not 100% that Carole killed her husband. I wouldn't be surprised if he was living the life in Costa Rica, becuase she's batshit crazy. Joe just let that consume him. He took that (and everything) to the extreme. I don't think he hired someone to kill her. I think that was Jeff setting him up.

Joe was simply what we around here like to call an attention whore. He didn't consider the consequences of any of his actions. He reminds me of a child who gets laughs from his friends, so he keeps trying to top himself by doing stupider and stupider things. Once he figured out he was in trouble, though, he didn't know how to get out of it, which caused even more trouble. Especially by dumping his assets in his mother's name. Poor woman.

What floors me is that 19% of voters in Oklahoma thought he was the best person to run the state.

I hope there's more indictments spread out among these players. Saff had it right in the end when she said that, especially for all of the animal rights people involved, the ones getting the short end of the stick was ultimately the animals.

Less than 4,000 tigers exist in their natural habitat, yet 5,000-10,000 are kept in zoos or other captivity. The millions in legal fees definitely would have been better spent if these people didn't care more about themselves, the attention, or their lifestyles than they did about animals.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:27 AM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by luv:
What floors me is that 19% of voters in Oklahoma thought he was the best person to run the state.
Libertarian primary
[Reply]
luv 11:58 AM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Libertarian primary
Ah, okay. That makes a little more sense. 19% of a much smaller group of people.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:21 PM 03-31-2020

[Reply]
Nickhead 01:13 PM 03-31-2020
i just can't wrap my head around how this was recorded 'in real time'?
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 01:29 PM 03-31-2020
I’m pretty sure I saw one of Joe Exotics billboards driving up from Dallas to KC for a Chiefs game. You tend to forget about it because Oklahoma has all kinds of billboards for tacky roadside attractions.
[Reply]
luv 03:10 PM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
I questioned how they were able to show footage from before the arson if everything was destroyed. Then it shows where his current husband went and was getting everything out of the storage facility. We at least know he was guilty of the arson. The question would be if he intended to burn the alligators along with it, or if he was just stupid and used too much accelerant. If he truly loved animals, I would say the latter, but I'm not convinced he truly loved animals.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:12 PM 03-31-2020
I questioned how they were able to show footage from before the arson if everything was destroyed. Then it shows where his current husband went and was getting everything out of the storage facility. We at least know he was guilty of the arson. The question would be if he intended to burn the alligators along with it, or if he was just stupid and used too much accelerant. If he truly loved animals, I would say the latter, but I'm not convinced he truly loved animals.
If you see the clip at the end from when he first started, I think he did and then he got overcome with the money and rivalry and lost sight of what was important.

Actually the clip of him when he was starting out talking about how people shouldn't breed them and they should be in their natural habitats was pretty heart breaking when you see what he became.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:14 PM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
I believe the filmakers originally intended to make a different documentary and the thing just evolved over time. They got lucky with the tacky soap opera aspect of it which the general public has latched on to.

They told Carol that they intended to make a "blackfish" type of doc for the exotic animal biz.

Not sure if true, or if that was their way of luring her in to talk so much?
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:17 PM 03-31-2020
I questioned how they were able to show footage from before the arson if everything was destroyed. .
I believe that was in 2015, and they started filming at least a year or two before that? NOt 100% sure when filming for this started?
[Reply]
luv 03:22 PM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
If you see the clip at the end from when he first started, I think he did and then he got overcome with the money and rivalry and lost sight of what was important.

Actually the clip of him when he was starting out talking about how people shouldn't breed them and they should be in their natural habitats was pretty heart breaking when you see what he became.
I think it was once Rick approached him about the documentary idea. There was a scene where they took cubs away from the mommas at birth and he was bitching about their mewing all night and keeping him awake. That's when I knew for sure that he didn't give two shits anymore.
[Reply]
KurtCobain 04:01 PM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
Then there's this guy... LOL...

I'm only three episodes in but this guy is my favorite so far.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:05 PM 03-31-2020

[Reply]
Page 8 of 18
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up