ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 263 of 324
« First < 163213253259260261262263 264265266267273313 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
lcarus 07:44 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
How many punts did they have?
One punt. And the stop Dunlap got on 4th and 1 down in the red zone. Thats it.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 07:52 PM 12-04-2022
an awful , awful day.

only the heroic play by Dunlap, the bad decision by Cinci to not take 3 points, a dropped easy touchdown, and the fact they easily ran the clock without needing to score prevented them.from dropping 44 on us
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 07:53 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Spags isn’t it, I don’t care how much we argue. Our talent and investment on defense needs to yield better results than this.

Spags Defense is the equivalent of an offense that score 22 a game…. It’s not good enough.
100%

rep

We have the players and talent . We need more results
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 07:53 PM 12-04-2022
The Spags ball washing just baffles me.

If this defense played the exact same game, every single play with the exact same outcome, but the DC was Bob Sutton or Greg Robinson, people would want to burn them at the stake.

But, because Spags was the DC when Mahomes willed us to a SB victory, people act like he can do no wrong, and the poor performances are because of the players.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 07:55 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
bad chiefs defense used to mean giving up 40

now we're whining about 27 points allowed on a team's home field being -1 in turnovers
it should've been 44 though. it wasn't the defense that stopped those 17 additional points. sadly. they absolutely should've dropped 40 in this game. against the Bills or Eagles those 17 are getting scored
[Reply]
CoMoChief 07:57 PM 12-04-2022
Been saying this since the AFCCG last season…

Need to fire Spags.

He’s always been a subpar DC, always gets fuckin schooled by QBs that are worth a shit.

Cincy owns his fuckin ass.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:00 PM 12-04-2022
bad chiefs defense used to mean giving up 40

now we're whining about 27 points allowed on a team's home field being -1 in turnovers
Is it your sense that 27 pts was the extent of their capability today?
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:02 PM 12-04-2022
Here’s the thing, guys.

I don’t think Spags is perfect, far from it, actually. But he’s Andy’s guy, and a guy Andy trusts on defense. This amount of faith is what he’s put into DC’s, for better or worse, for his entire career.

Today, Spags got our offense the ball up 4 in the 4th quarter. With how our team is constructed, that is a game we have to win.

Look, it’s a fruitless exercise to blame the DC’s who haven’t been able to stop Patrick Mahomes, and I think it’s just as fruitless to blame him for not stopping Burrow. It’s time to acknowledge that Burrow is elite, and letting him have the ball back with anything less than a deficit in the 4th is going to result in a loss nearly 100% of the time.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:12 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
spags has given up 27 points in two straight games against an elite offense, in which his offense handed them short fields twice

he's working miracles with lackluster talent on the DL and inexperienced talent on the back end.
[Reply]
DRM08 08:14 PM 12-04-2022
spags has given up 27 points in two straight games against an elite offense, in which his offense handed them short fields twice

he's working miracles with lackluster talent on the DL and inexperienced talent on the back end.
Lackluster talent on the roster is partially his fault. Spags was happy to get Frank Clark for instance. Reid & Veach have given Spags a lot of input on the defensive roster the last few years. All 3 of them have not been able to find the right guys for the defensive line.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:30 PM 12-04-2022

Not my question

Originally Posted by Baby Lee:

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 12-04-2022
my feeling is their capability was 20 points, as proven by our defense
[Reply]
CoMoChief 08:39 PM 12-04-2022
It took Spags almost half a season to realize Jones wasn’t a DE.

This motherfucker started Sorensen over Thornhill for how long?

Still hasn’t leaned not to single cover Chase. I expect it’ll be the same should the Chiefs meet Bengals again in playoffs.

He’s just a stubborn pos, should’ve been fired after last yr AFCCG
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:42 PM 12-04-2022
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
It took Spags almost half a season to realize Jones wasn’t a DE.

This mother****er started Sorensen over Thornhill for how long?

Still hasn’t leaned not to single cover Chase. I expect it’ll be the same should the Chiefs meet Bengals again in playoffs.

He’s just a stubborn pos, should’ve been fired after last yr AFCCG
Jones has lined up at DE several times this year and has had some of his most important sacks from that spot.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:42 PM 12-04-2022
jones played well at DE tonight

in fact, it was key in getting SOME pressure on burrow, since jones gets doubled on the interior so much

that's actually looking like one of spags better decisions
[Reply]
Page 263 of 324
« First < 163213253259260261262263 264265266267273313 > Last »
Up