ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 260 of 324
« First < 160210250256257258259260 261262263264270310 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:58 PM 11-27-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
like carl never gets fired in 2008? :-)
I don't know, man, if an AFC Title inspires Marty to weather the storm in 1998 everything is different if Marty coaches through 2006 (or later, since he was forced out by the Chargers at that time).
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 10:32 PM 11-27-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Spags always put players in position to fail?!?!?
Yeah, like putting a 4th round rookie in single coverage on a superstar receiver.

Or putting a 300 pound defensive lineman in pass coverage on a wide receiver that runs a 4.5.

Etc. Etc.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 10:38 PM 11-27-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
unbelievable.
How can Chris Jones succeed in pass coverage?

Spags knows that Jones cannot cover a wide receiver, so why make Jones cover a wide receiver?

Tonight, we played a QB in his first start, so it didn't matter.

I just cannot understand why people feel like Spags is this great defensive coordinator. I posted the comparison, and Sutton was better overall for the Chiefs.

The difference between Spags and Sutton is Spags has had Mahomes as his QB his entire Chiefs career.

[Reply]
Megatron96 10:47 PM 11-27-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:

Spags knows that Jones cannot cover a wide receiver, so why make Jones cover a wide receiver?

I just cannot understand why people feel like Spags is this great defensive coordinator. I posted the comparison, and Sutton was better overall for the Chiefs.

The difference between Spags and Sutton is Spags has had Mahomes as his QB his entire Chiefs career.

Pray tell, what was Sutton's record in the playoffs? How well did his defenses play situationally in the biggest moments? How many Sutton-led KC defenses beat Tom Brady?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:59 AM 11-28-2022

How to tell us you have no idea what a zone blitz is without saying you don't know what a zone blitz is.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:20 AM 11-28-2022

We're not saying he's great. We're saying he's good enough.

Good enough when you have Patrick Mahomes wins you Super Bowls.

Understandez vous, cordon bleu?
[Reply]
CoMoChief 07:28 AM 11-28-2022
Spags is a subpar DC.

Never been a fan. He's rather predictable tbh...at least too much for my liking.

Just my personal opinion...This doesn't mean he's worse/better than Sutton.

IMO you're comparing 2 bowls of shit.

Team needs more (good) pass rush and CB depth.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:00 AM 11-28-2022
Jesus, some of you guys are miserable, runny shits.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:04 AM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Jesus, some of you guys are miserable, runny shits.
Yep.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:34 AM 11-28-2022
a harsh reality for spags haters this morning

#14 defense
#13 yards per play
#16 scoring

#11 net yards per pass attempt
#5 sacks
#3 pressures

#5 rushing
#14 rushing yards per attempt
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 09:39 AM 11-28-2022
Give Mahomes a middle of the pack defense and he will win you a Super Bowl.

I still believe that.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:39 AM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
We're not saying he's great. We're saying he's good enough.

Good enough when you have Patrick Mahomes wins you Super Bowls.

Understandez vous, cordon bleu?
Yup. He’s not Buddy Ryan or Belechick. But he’s also not Sutton or Greg Robinson either. This is a young defense that’s getting better every game. Pretty sure Clark is the “elder statesman” of the defense. They don’t have to be the 2000 Ravens. We have Mahomes. They just can’t be the 2018 Chiefs defense.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 09:45 AM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
He was also infinitely better than Bono, and had Marty gone to him sooner, we probably win the Indy game.

He was an inch off of Lake Dawson's fingertips from saving the game.

As for Grbac, coaches did things different back then. Starters didn't lose their jobs to injury if they were cleared to play.

I think Belicheat was the first time I saw a starter flat out lose his job to injury, when he kept Brady as the starter and Drew Bledsoe was healthy.

Gannon was on a pretty hot streak while Grbac was out with the collarbone. Should've stuck with Gannon, and then if he faltered, you could put Grbac in there at that point.

I think if Gannon retained that starting job over Grbac, the Chiefs win the Denver game.
I hate Grbac with the searing intensity of a million white-hot suns. It was the Grbitch/Gannon debate that initially sucked me into the old KC Star BB.

To this day, anyone who wanted Grbroad to start over Gannon can go fuck themselves.
[Reply]
scho63 10:11 AM 11-28-2022
I'll eat crow as our D has REALLY improved.

Even Clark was getting pressures yesterday, Frank fucking Clark! That's special.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:14 AM 11-28-2022
still have 3 games against the broncos and texans

we gonna be top 10!!!!
[Reply]
Page 260 of 324
« First < 160210250256257258259260 261262263264270310 > Last »
Up