ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 57
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Broncos
RunKC 05:54 PM 11-28-2021
Coming in with a full head of steam. First place on the line.

Only to be raped by us. Let’s make it 12 straight!
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:58 AM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Completely agree with that. Was primarily highlighting how rare it is. QBs rule the league and command the highest salaries by far. It's amazing to look at the contracts of the highest paid non QBs in the league and see where they fall on the QB scale.
yeah, I mean, you might get a once in a lifetime thing where a middling QB just plays lights out in for a few games in the play-offs or something, but as a PLAN of attack in the attempt to build a championship team, it's a terrible plan.

I swear to the gods, if I didn't have a legit top 10 QB I'd draft one in the first round or trade anything I could every fucking year until I do have one. There's just no point in anything else.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:59 AM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
That kind of defense will never happen again due to the current rule enforcement of defensive holding and pass interference.

It's just not possible.

And the league doesn't want it; defensive struggles are boring. So here we are.

If you don't have a top 5 QB, you're not going to compete year in and year out.

You might get lucky and catch lightning in a bottle once, but that's it.
For the heck of it I checked it out and the highest paid non QB is TJ Watt this year. He is the 12th highest player. The Top 11 are all QBs, and some of them are not even that good.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:00 AM 12-01-2021
yeah, I mean, you might get a once in a lifetime thing where a middling QB just plays lights out in for a few games in the play-offs or something, but as a PLAN of attack in the attempt to build a championship team, it's a terrible plan.

I swear to the gods, if I didn't have a legit top 10 QB I'd draft one in the first round or trade anything I could every fucking year until I do have one. There's just no point in anything else.
Exactly. It's amazing just how much this team has changed from the days of Average Alex to Mahomes.
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:07 AM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
For the heck of it I checked it out and the highest paid non QB is TJ Watt this year. He is the 12th highest player. The Top 11 are all QBs, and some of them are not even that good.
Kirk (cough) Cousins (cough)
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:08 AM 12-01-2021

I swear to the gods, if I didn't have a legit top 10 QB I'd draft one in the first round or trade anything I could every ****ing year until I do have one. There's just no point in anything else.
It's also not entertaining. I enjoy watching Mahomes throw the ball.

Just as I imagine Bills fans like watching Allen, Ravens Lamar, Cardinal fans Murray.

It's no fun watching some limp-armed QB try to throw a 20 yard pass.
[Reply]
arrwheader 10:15 AM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
The one thing that I just can't wrap my mind around is the fact that the Donks watched the Chiefs struggle for so many years with an outstanding defense and no QB and thought that was the model for success. The Donks had a hall of fame QB that killed us too many times to ponder without suicidal thoughts, won a couple super bowls with said QB, and then decided that the path to success was to emulate the Chiefs of the 90s and change QBs every year or two. Not only are they changing QBs every year or two, but they're going with washed up has beens that never were. How in the hell do you watch those years of the Chiefs struggles and decide that is the model for success?
They are following the John Elway Model of "success"....

Build your teams roster on every position, especially defense until the next Cast of great QB can be picked off from another franchise. That is how they won it all last so they just do the same thing. That is why they are gonna go out and get Rogers after this year.

It is just literally pray a star QB get's disgruntled/hurt then healthy/becomes available and comes over to the Broncos.

Chiefs did that for awhile, thing is Chiefs never won a SB. Broncos had a prolific defense that won their SB for them after mannings arm was falling off which is exceedingly rare occurrence in todays NFL.

I would fucking hate being a Broncos fan if i were one.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:15 AM 12-01-2021
The one thing that I just can't wrap my mind around is the fact that the Donks watched the Chiefs struggle for so many years with an outstanding defense and no QB and thought that was the model for success. The Donks had a hall of fame QB that killed us too many times to ponder without suicidal thoughts, won a couple super bowls with said QB, and then decided that the path to success was to emulate the Chiefs of the 90s and change QBs every year or two. Not only are they changing QBs every year or two, but they're going with washed up has beens that never were. How in the hell do you watch those years of the Chiefs struggles and decide that is the model for success?
Hubris, insanity, or both.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:24 AM 12-01-2021
Well, I don't think they're doing that... they've missed on their QB picks, simple as that and are stuck in that 90's Chiefs mode right now. I wouldn't say they chose this by design as a winning strategy.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:36 AM 12-01-2021
Incompetent talent evaluation. You can know what you need all you want. If you don't have the competence to attain it then it doesnt matter much.
[Reply]
TEX 10:58 AM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Well, I don't think they're doing that... they've missed on their QB picks, simple as that and are stuck in that 90's Chiefs mode right now. I wouldn't say they chose this by design as a winning strategy.
I don't think they did either. The deal is though, they're not even as good as the '90s Chiefs.
[Reply]
Lzen 11:00 AM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Incompetent talent evaluation. You can know what you need all you want. If you don't have the competence to attain it then it doesnt matter much.
Yep, and that is hilarious considering Elway is their GM. Errrr.....he's still there, right?
[Reply]
crispystl 11:03 AM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
You'd have to get into the "clutch" debate, but I think the Ravens and 9ers making it with Flacco and Kap would be the last one. They had great moments in the playoffs tho
The Broncos with the ghost of Peyton manning could be considered too. The defense won them that Superbowl for sure.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:04 AM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
I don't think they did either. The deal is though, they're not even as good as the '90s Chiefs.
True, I believe the Chiefs were the winningest regular season team of the 90s if I'm not mistaken.
[Reply]
ptlyon 11:04 AM 12-01-2021
43-8
[Reply]
RedinTexas 11:07 AM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Yeah, I can sympathize with that, but when you're making your QB pick at the end of the first round, or even worse, in later rounds, you're not really making an effort. Sometimes you have to take the chance on trading draft capital to move up in the first round. It doesn't always pay off, but how many great QBs have been taken outside the top 15 picks? I know there are historical examples like Starr, Brady, etc, but those examples are few and far between.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 57
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Up