6 Nick Loftin, SS
7 Kyle Isbel, OF
8 Khali Lee, OF
9 Jonathan Bowlan, RHP
10 Carlos Hernedez, RHP
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:58 AM 06-29-2021
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
I'm VERY interested to see what sort of balls John Sherman and this ownership team for the Royals actually have. Are they the group that says, "aww shucks, we're just happy to be here..." or are they serious about winning and it's "get your shit together or GTFO!". Matheny is a mistake, like a big one, and Dayton owns that mistake. If I'm John Sherman, there is not a chance in hell that I would hand off the keys to this upcoming talent and current youth on this team to Mike Matheny. He's a train wreck wrapped inside a tsunami of shit. I fully realize Matheny will be back next season, but both he and Dayton should be on the shortest of leashes in 2022. If not, then it's pretty obvious that our ownership team is full on "Aww Shucks".
I think they got to be careful with Dayton Moore because he is highly thought of around MLB. It would effect who they can bring in to replace him. But like Duncan has said I could see Moore getting bumped up to a figurehead position at the top and starting over from there.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:25 AM 06-29-2021
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
I'm VERY interested to see what sort of balls John Sherman and this ownership team for the Royals actually have. Are they the group that says, "aww shucks, we're just happy to be here..." or are they serious about winning and it's "get your shit together or GTFO!". Matheny is a mistake, like a big one, and Dayton owns that mistake. If I'm John Sherman, there is not a chance in hell that I would hand off the keys to this upcoming talent and current youth on this team to Mike Matheny. He's a train wreck wrapped inside a tsunami of shit. I fully realize Matheny will be back next season, but both he and Dayton should be on the shortest of leashes in 2022. If not, then it's pretty obvious that our ownership team is full on "Aww Shucks".

Ladnier (now at AZ) seemingly did an excellent job as scouting director. Picollo was brief, and Goldberg might not have enough track record pic.twitter.com/Tqlsqk4fJS

— Shaun Newkirk (@Shauncore) December 29, 2016

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:27 AM 06-29-2021
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
The problem is, if he's going to get rid of Matheny this quickly, he almost assuredly has to get rid of Moore as well. They will butt heads over this one. There are a lot of politics to play behind the scenes in the good ole boy network.
Firing a manager after only 130 games is a good way to ensure you won’t be able to hire a good replacement.
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:41 AM 06-29-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Firing a manager after only 130 games is a good way to ensure you won’t be able to hire a good replacement.
Well, he'll have 222 games under his Royals Managerial belt after this season, and (barring a complete collapse) will most likely get another full season in '22. So, that'll be 384 games. There won't be ANY mystery at that point, and quite frankly, there never was any mystery as to what and who MM is as a Major League Manager.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:53 AM 06-29-2021
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
The majority of people were telling you to stfu because they were basking in the moment. Enjoying watching a few pieces that we wanted to see improvement and success actually doing so. You walked in and tried to shit on everyone's joy.

Repeatedly.

In Seattle, the poor schmucks walk outside and enjoy the glow when the sun comes out. They dont sit inside like ebenezer scrooge pissed off that in 2 hours its gonna be ****ing raining again. But go ahead and pat yourself on the back because you knew (like most everyone else) that it was going to return to misery. You just werent Dumb enough to enjoy the sun. That'll learn them huh?
It's odd though isn't it, that I DON'T try to say the Chiefs teams from the last 3 years sucked, or the 2019 KU team didn't suck. Just why oh why do I pick on those poor little Royals.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:54 AM 06-29-2021
You could hire the Blue Valley Northwest baseball manager, and it wouldn't really make much of a difference.
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:59 AM 06-29-2021
Question: Why was Kyle Isbell sent down? He was hitting above .240, and hasn't sniffed the bigs since they sent him down. That's 50 or 60 points better than Soler and 90 points better than Dozier. If we're going to suck, why not bring him up and see what he can do? I don't mind losing as much if there is a purpose behind it. I hope they bring up Witt and Pratto after the ASG and see what they can do too. Why not? We're already in last place.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:02 AM 06-29-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Question: Why was Kyle Isbell sent down? He was hitting above .240, and hasn't sniffed the bigs since they sent him down. That's 50 or 60 points better than Soler and 90 points better than Dozier. If we're going to suck, why not bring him up and see what he can do? I don't mind losing as much if there is a purpose behind it. I hope they bring up Witt and Pratto after the ASG and see what they can do too. Why not? We're already in last place.
I think he’s hitting like .228 in Omaha, so it’s not like he’s lighting the world on fire in AAA.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:03 AM 06-29-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
He's been a little disappointing in Omaha this year. Sometimes it takes more than being a gritty little shit.

Hitting .228 with a .629 OPS. Which is almost good enough for worst on the Storm Chaser team.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:04 AM 06-29-2021
Oliveres last 7 days: 9-25 (.360) with 2 jacks
[Reply]
BWillie 11:13 AM 06-29-2021
Oliveres last 7 days: 9-25 (.360) with 2 jacks
Bring him up. Play him every single day. See what you have. Do the same with McBroom as far as I'm concerned this season is over. Lets let the young guys play.
[Reply]
gblowfish 12:24 PM 06-29-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
He's been a little disappointing in Omaha this year. Sometimes it takes more than being a gritty little shit.

Hitting .228 with a .629 OPS. Which is almost good enough for worst on the Storm Chaser team.
Yeah, that's a shame. I thought we might have something with that guy. OK, let's give Olivares a shot!
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 01:41 PM 06-29-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I'll admit I did think it was pretty funny when all of you guys thought this was a good team at the beginning of the year, then yelled at me, put your fingers in your ears and head in the sand when I told you it wasn't. Accept reality and understanding your bias are keys to life.
So you've accepted the fact that you're a douche?
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 02:38 PM 06-29-2021

LHP Daniel Tillo will begin a rehab assignment tonight with the Royals Blue team in the Arizona Complex League. #Royals

— Kansas City Royals (@Royals) June 29, 2021

[Reply]
ROYC75 02:54 PM 06-29-2021
So what was the latest word on Mondi?

How long will he be out this time?
[Reply]
Page 210 of 440
« First < 110160200206207208209210 211212213214220260310 > Last »
Up