ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 60 of 71
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470 > Last »
Media Center>MCU Meta Discussion
DaFace 05:54 PM 07-16-2019
The various movies obviously deserve their own threads once things actually start moving on them, but it seems like we should have a place just for general discussion about what they're planning. So here ya go.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:48 AM 11-07-2023
Don't know if I'll ever be back to see another Marvel Movie in theaters. It's a bit hard to believe just how off the rails they've managed to take it.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 09:05 AM 11-07-2023
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Don't know if I'll ever be back to see another Marvel Movie in theaters. It's a bit hard to believe just how off the rails they've managed to take it.
You mean you aren't going to drop $20 to see a movie about a character who has had almost no screen in 4 years teaming up with a character who had a CW series on D+ and another character who had about the 6th billing in a limited series?
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:28 AM 11-07-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
I have yet to watch that one. Just never saw a reason to from all the trailers.
Don't bother... complete waste of time and it will just make you angry at the wasted talent and concept of the story. I'm pissed these actors weren't like wtf is this shit...and I loved Ragnarok
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:30 AM 11-07-2023
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Feige has been stretched thin...I have a feeling things are gonna change soon. Less content etc and focused like before and hopefully better
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:38 AM 11-07-2023
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Will Iron Man & Captain America also be women? :-)
I almost guaranfuckingtee that they will be.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 11:30 AM 11-07-2023

#TheMarvels is kind of rad? Super snappy and brisk. Full of wit and nuttiness. It gives exactly what I had hoped for which is a star turn for Iman Vellani. Kamala, the Khans, and the kittens pretty much carry the film to the finish line. More 90-minute superhero films please!

— Charles Villanueva (@cfsvillanueva) November 7, 2023

[Reply]
BleedingRed 12:20 PM 11-07-2023
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Yeah... its bombing.......
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:23 PM 11-07-2023
I don't really care that it's primarily a female cast. That shit just doesn't look interesting and I've never really given a shit about Capt Marvel as a character.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 12:26 PM 11-07-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I don't really care that it's primarily a female cast. That shit just doesn't look interesting and I've never really given a shit about Capt Marvel as a character.
Same,

Forget the woke shit, it has more to do with the Characters. MCU has really lacked in story telling since end game. (MINUS LOKI)
[Reply]
BigBeauford 12:31 PM 11-07-2023
Multiverse nonsense.
Disney plus characters as the leads.
Main lead is a charisma vacuum who shit on the fans that have been Marvels' bread a butter.

It's not a question of if this will fail, but a question of how much.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 12:33 PM 11-07-2023
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Multiverse nonsense.
Disney plus characters as the leads.
Main lead is a charisma vacuum who shit on the fans that have been Marvels' bread a butter.

It's not a question of if this will fail, but a question of how much.
Pretty much,

Still disappointed in the last Thor movie too. GOTG3 was really good. But the MCU has lost its ability for people to really emotionally attach people to their characters. I care more about LOKI than any of the movies right now.
[Reply]
Urc Burry 01:14 PM 11-07-2023
I have no issue if Marvel wants to get more diversity out of their stars, BUT this has became such a fucking joke.

No original ideas. Just the same shit being forced down our throats.

Now this is going to be another absolute bomb.

And their solution is going to be…. Bringing back the same white males who brought them so much success.

God Bless James Gunn for giving us one last home run before getting away from that hell hole. That same James Gunn who they tried to fire, and would have succeeded had his cast not gone to the lengths they did by threatening to quit on the movie. Oh yeah. And that’s probably the most diverse cast at Marvel. But it’s not forced in the least bit
[Reply]
Jamie 03:01 PM 11-07-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
It would appear that they are bringing back Ronin the Accuser, but *wait for it* Ronin is from an alternate universe, and also *really wait for it* Ronin is a woman that looks super OP from the original Ronin in the original universe.
I get why you would think that, but apparently it's a new character. It could be Ronin's hammer, but in the comics the hammer is the standard weapon of the Accusers. The purple energy does make it look like she's using the power stone, but I think that's just because she has a bangle like Ms. Marvel (which is also purple energy).

I also doubt there's anything with Iron Man or Captain America in this movie. They're just getting a little desperate to sell the movie, given the early indicators.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 04:39 PM 11-07-2023
Theory in spoiler tags, take it for what it's worth.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
CoMoChief 12:09 AM 11-08-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
It all goes together.

You may not "care" that a primarily all-female cast has been put together, but it's also the very the reason why it's not interesting.

I mean lets be honest...
[Reply]
Page 60 of 71
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470 > Last »
Up