ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 310 of 360
« First < 210260300306307308309310 311312313314320 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Car and Gearhead Thread***
BigRedChief 12:29 PM 03-17-2015
Seems like we need one on here to talk cars, mods and the coolness of your or their car.

Interested? Chime in
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:00 PM 04-11-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
How thick is the flange on your average exhaust manifold?
What did you end up doing? Zl1, vette?

I've almost got my 10 where I want it to be, I'll post before and after pics soon. It's getting there
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:01 PM 04-11-2019
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
I don't work on small blocks often but I do have some bent and cut off wrenches that If I recall correctly were for in car installs of headers on SB Chevy's. Probably "Clarance" issues at the rear of some installs. I recall cutting. grinding and bending wrenches before good stuff like this come out.

Having an even thicker flange might make this issue mute or exacerbate it, I'm not sure but I have kept those wrenched for 25 years so they must have been useful at some time.

The only thing I work on these days are Datsun engines.
I have no fucking idea what this post has to do with my question.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:07 PM 04-11-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
What did you end up doing? Zl1, vette?

I've almost got my 10 where I want it to be, I'll post before and after pics soon. It's getting there
After much internal debate I decided I couldn't buy the Z06 unless I sold the Chevy II and I cant bring myself to do it. Eventually I could justify it but I am afraid if I buy a Z06 or ZL1 without finishing the old car i will never "finish" it as I envisioned.

So....the plan is to finish the upgrades on the car this year including the supercharger and new wheel tire package.

I have spent the last 3 days trying to find custom offset 17" or 18" rally wheels and haven't had much luck yet. I need a 8" wide 5" offset for the front, and a 9" wide 4" offset for the rear, first few manufactures have told me they cant do that.

Keep in mind I know i can get this done for big $ but for $1K a wheel I would do something different than the rally wheel as much as I like it.
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:21 PM 04-11-2019
After much internal debate I decided I couldn't buy the Z06 unless I sold the Chevy II and I cant bring myself to do it. Eventually I could justify it but I am afraid if I buy a Z06 or ZL1 without finishing the old car i will never "finish" it as I envisioned.

So....the plan is to finish the upgrades on the car this year including the supercharger and new wheel tire package.

I have spent the last 3 days trying to find custom offset 17" or 18" rally wheels and haven't had much luck yet. I need a 8" wide 5" offset for the front, and a 9" wide 4" offset for the rear, first few manufactures have told me they cant do that.

Keep in mind I know i can get this done for big $ but for $1K a wheel I would do something different than the rally wheel as much as I like it.
we need to get together sometime.

Have to checked into those guys in Detroit that make the steelies?
[Reply]
cooper barrett 07:22 PM 04-11-2019
I think you are probably qualified to answer your own question, I don't look at normal manifold/ header flanges daily. I have a hobby of building L28 engines utilizing carb heads.

I do have my winter beater that has an exhaust gasket leak on number 8 making a 2005 Crown Vic a total loss if studs (even 1) start breaking.

Any new ideas on how to not have to pull the engine/ head to remove/ repair studs.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:46 PM 04-11-2019

Absolutely. Im planning to do a bunch of traveling with the car this year so that could work out.

Which manufacturer is that?
[Reply]
MIAdragon 07:47 PM 04-11-2019

Those are big money and are heavy
[Reply]
cooper barrett 08:22 PM 04-11-2019

Detroit Streel Wheel
https://www.mobsteel.com/wp-content/...l-Borchure.pdf

https://detroitsteelwheel.com/wp-con...Price-List.pdf

Absolutely. Im planning to do a bunch of traveling with the car this year so that could work out.

[Reply]
hometeam 08:49 PM 04-11-2019
RACE CAR SEASON BOYS++++++++++
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:33 PM 04-11-2019
I think you are probably qualified to answer your own question, I don't look at normal manifold/ header flanges daily. I have a hobby of building L28 engines utilizing carb heads.

I do have my winter beater that has an exhaust gasket leak on number 8 making a 2005 Crown Vic a total loss if studs (even 1) start breaking.

Any new ideas on how to not have to pull the engine/ head to remove/ repair studs.
I'm not sure what you are asking here...

But I drill those broken studs out all the time, blind . Without pulling the motor.
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:34 PM 04-11-2019
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
Those are big money and are heavy
They are but goddamn they look good and right
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:41 PM 04-11-2019

Dude... you get close to me yell. I'll come meet you. Hell we could hit hit Summer nights in Versailles and fuck with hometeam
[Reply]
MIAdragon 07:32 AM 04-12-2019
Originally Posted by hometeam:
RACE CAR SEASON BOYS++++++++++
It’s always race car season.
[Reply]
stevieray 07:50 AM 04-12-2019
So, 3/8 flange is the way to go??

TIA
[Reply]
Radar Chief 08:06 AM 04-12-2019

Stage 8 fasteners rock.
I've got a set of Hooker headers on the 327 in my Jeep and had constant problems with them shaking header bolts loose and blowing out the exhaust gasket even though I would go around and re-tighten header bolts after each heat cycle. I hate the sound of exhaust leaks, each and every tick sounds like lost horsepower, and I was changing exhaust gaskets about once every month or two to eliminate them. Out of desperation I tried some Stage 8 fasteners and while they were a bit of a bitch to put on they have eliminated the issue, I haven't had an exhaust leak in the 5 years since I put them on.
[Reply]
Page 310 of 360
« First < 210260300306307308309310 311312313314320 > Last »
Up