ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 432
« First < 162223242526 272829303676126 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official '22/'23 Defending Natl' Champion KU Men’s Basketball Repository Thread***
cmh6476 12:54 PM 05-16-2022
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:19 AM 09-04-2022
Originally Posted by DJay23:
I'm just hoping he would want to hang around if a bigger fish came calling.
Leipold is already almost 60, so he isn’t a young up and comer.

I think there’s a good chance that this is his last stop.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:49 AM 09-04-2022
We are under 2 months away from the exhibition game against Pitt State.

A little under a month and half away from Late Night.

I was there for the 2008-2009 Late Night. Seeing the banner be revealed is incredible in person. If you can go this year, I highly recommend it.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 10:17 AM 09-04-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
It's the curse of Fatgino man, you don't up and fire a coach that has success at a basketball school because he isn't nice to boosters. This is what you get.

If Leipold builds something here, mother****ers better give his ass a wide ****ing berth and let him overstay his welcome by at least 50% before they pull the plug on him.

We don't need another 15 (probably 15+) year curse.
yeah I was completely confused by his firing and tbh still kind of am. I was a student at the time so I was thinking well maybe we'll be okay and I remember having conversations at parties about Turner Gill "still being able to turn it around this season" lol

Going to the Fatgino era games was fun but my fiancee was always afraid he was going to just keel over on the sidelines so I always had to reassure her that he probably wouldn't die during a home game
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:38 AM 09-04-2022
Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar:
yeah I was completely confused by his firing and tbh still kind of am. I was a student at the time so I was thinking well maybe we'll be okay and I remember having conversations at parties about Turner Gill "still being able to turn it around this season" lol

Going to the Fatgino era games was fun but my fiancee was always afraid he was going to just keel over on the sidelines so I always had to reassure her that he probably wouldn't die during a home game
There were a lot of rumors floating around about trouble that Mangino had caused around campus and Lawrence in general.

I remember hearing he went to a cigar shop and demanded to get them for free. He threw a fit and had to be hauled out. No idea if it’s true or not, but those stories were out there.
[Reply]
ArrowHeader 11:01 AM 09-04-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
There were a lot of rumors floating around about trouble that Mangino had caused around campus and Lawrence in general.

I remember hearing he went to a cigar shop and demanded to get them for free. He threw a fit and had to be hauled out. No idea if it’s true or not, but those stories were out there.
That’s just ridiculous. Silly
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:28 AM 09-04-2022

Meh, if that shit were true, it would have come out of the woodwork once they fired him.

Mangino was an abrasive asshole no doubt.
[Reply]
cmh6476 11:36 AM 09-04-2022
We are under 2 months away from the exhibition game against Pitt State.

A little under a month and half away from Late Night.

I was there for the 2008-2009 Late Night. Seeing the banner be revealed is incredible in person. If you can go this year, I highly recommend it.
how dang early would you need to get there to get in this year? I'm over an hour away, so would hate to drive down and not get in.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:43 AM 09-04-2022
I was in Lawrence at the time that all happened re Mangino and all of it honestly just felt like a massive smear campaign meant to justify what was otherwise a ridiculous football decision because some powerful people didn't like him.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:06 PM 09-04-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I was in Lawrence at the time that all happened re Mangino and all of it honestly just felt like a massive smear campaign meant to justify what was otherwise a ridiculous football decision because some powerful people didn't like him.
That’s pretty much where I was going. As soon as they were about to fire him, all of these terrible stories started coming out.

I always though the accusations from the players were oddly timed as well.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 12:27 PM 09-04-2022
That’s pretty much where I was going. As soon as they were about to fire him, all of these terrible stories started coming out.

Yup, still baffling what they did to him.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:36 PM 09-04-2022

I used to think that, but he never caught on anywhere. I mean, STEVE FUCKING SARKESIAN and LANE TWAT WAFFLE KIFFIN are still getting jobs. If a guy can win at Kansas of all places, he'd get a better look than an OC at Iowa State.

I figure there was some insider smoke there. Maybe it's bullshit spread KU big wheels, but I'd think if it was bullshit, someone would have figured it out and given him a shot.

That's 100% speculation, and I may be way off, but that's the way I see it.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:47 PM 09-04-2022

He got kicked out of his son's high school game the guy was absolutely an asshole. He got fired for abuse around the same time Leavitt/Leach also got fired. He also lost 7 in a row that last season because teams adjusted to the spread. He would have been done regardless.
[Reply]
RustShack 01:58 PM 09-04-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Sorry bro, but no one is staying at ISU if KU calls.
I’ve heard the same thing about Matt Campbell for the last five years. They call, he stays.
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:35 PM 09-04-2022
It's true that boosters didn't like him, especially powerful ones which I won't name.

But I never heard that about the cigars, it was that he was slapping players in the face in practices.

The guy is cut from the same mold as Todd Haley which shouldn't really surprise anyone considering they're from the same area.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 03:15 PM 09-04-2022
Yeah, that was pretty obvious.

Talk about a backfire. Idiots.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 432
« First < 162223242526 272829303676126 > Last »
Up