ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 432
« First < 152122232425 262728293575125 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official '22/'23 Defending Natl' Champion KU Men’s Basketball Repository Thread***
cmh6476 12:54 PM 05-16-2022
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 09:35 AM 09-03-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Sorry bro, but no one is staying at ISU if KU calls.
I always laugh when fans of smaller programs do the whole he likes it here, he is different routine.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 09:35 AM 09-03-2022
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
This isn't where we talk about the undefeated football team, is it?
Probably not. That being said - was extremely good to see the talent level improving. There is enough talent there to compete with the bottom half of the BigXII. Doesnt mean they will win very many, if any. But the talent level across the board is DRAMATICALLY improving. They looked like a passable D1 team last night. As opposed to being.... well Tennessee Tech playing in the BigXII.
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:14 AM 09-03-2022
Sure sure, it was against an inferior cupcake first game team so dominating them is expected.

The problem is that KU was losing those games the past few years. Holding them to 100 total yard and thoroughly dominating is quite the welcome change and I'm excited for the next one!
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:36 AM 09-03-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Sure sure, it was against an inferior cupcake first game team so dominating them is expected.

The problem is that KU was losing those games the past few years. Holding them to 100 total yard and thoroughly dominating is quite the welcome change and I'm excited for the next one!
Well, we were only favored by 30. Won by 46.
[Reply]
Al Czervik 10:49 AM 09-03-2022
HCLL is the real deal. The guy knows how to build a football team. None of the HC's after Mangino knew how to do that. I really liked how aggressive the defense was last night. Attacking all the time. Phelps was a beast. Daniels was good save for the INT.
They have some studs at RB. Should be a fun team to watch. If they win 4+ games this year, it will be considered a success and good foundation going forward.

Bout fucking time too.....
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:56 AM 09-03-2022
Imagining a junior Todd Reesing on this team.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 11:15 AM 09-03-2022
It's certainly not where Nebraska talks about their undefeated football season.
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:27 AM 09-03-2022
Since KU basketball is the National Champion and our football team is undefeated I'm trying to remember how long it has been since we lost.

TCU last March?
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 12:18 PM 09-03-2022
As long as the football team is undefeated, you can talk about them.

I'll allow it.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:15 AM 09-04-2022
Originally Posted by :
The 56 points were the most scored by KU at home since the Jayhawks defeated Nebraska, 76-39, on Nov. 3, 2007.
https://sports.yahoo.com/grades-ku-j...171218205.html
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 07:55 AM 09-04-2022
lol W was still president the last time we were any good in football.

if by some miracle this team goes 500, they'll put a statue up of Leipold
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:48 AM 09-04-2022
That game will always be one of my favorites.

I started at Cabela’s in July 2007. And even though it was all the way across the state, I’d say 75% of the employees were rabid Husker fans, certainly 100% of the noisy people about it. So the gals in my office were giving me shit because I hadn’t hung anything up in my cube. So l, because I’m a smart ass I had a box near the top that had a KU hat in it. I hung it up in the cube.

So I’m taking a pile of shit from everybody, which I’m good for. Until the CFO, who was a mountain of a motherfucker who was invariably angry, walks by my cube. Stops. Comes back, and says “what the hell is this?” “Uhhh big basketball fan”. He grumbles some shit and walks off. I was like well, at least I don’t have to pack much shit out of my cube. :-).

Didn’t get fired. And these motherfuckers are ON IT. Callahan is going to fix the offense with some Arizona State motherfucker and watch out for the vaunted BLACK SHIRTS, they’re coming for you. I mean, they were all in. I probably ran across maybe 2 dudes that were like, we’ll see. So meanwhile, while they’re driving to Lincoln for pep rally’s and shit they’re stacking it on me. How can you like KU? FOOTBALL RULES. I was a pretty decent sport about it. But these guys (and a shitload of gals) we’re all over this and I heard about it.

So they blow the doors off some swag and blind school. And the shot is at a fever pitch. I’m fucking telling you, Friday at 4:00, motherfuckers we’re headed down I80. Then the wheels fall off and I hear less about it. Then the KU game comes along and it picks back up. Get right game and we need to get back on track this week and blah blah blah. SURELY they’ll house Kansas.

Then they put it on them for a RECORD amount of points. The look on their faces was all time great. ALL FUCKING TIME man. I didn’t say a word to anybody, even though they all expected it. Someone asked me later in the day, “you’re not going to talk any shit? Like nothing?” I responded with, “what’s left to say?” Savage destruction.

Radio silence the rest of my time there. A few of the hardcore sports guys reached out and congratulated me when KU won the Orange Bowl and later the Championship, but Callahan broke that fan base man. Hard. I’ve never seen anything like it.

I’ll always remember that game. I had it on at the house and was laughing hysterically every time they’d score ANOTHER TD.

It was great.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:00 AM 09-04-2022
It is almost enough for me to forgive Callahan for the bullshit game plan he put in against Tampa in the superbowl. Almost.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:01 AM 09-04-2022
Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar:
lol W was still president the last time we were any good in football.

if by some miracle this team goes 500, they'll put a statue up of Leipold
It's the curse of Fatgino man, you don't up and fire a coach that has success at a basketball school because he isn't nice to boosters. This is what you get.

If Leipold builds something here, motherfuckers better give his ass a wide fucking berth and let him overstay his welcome by at least 50% before they pull the plug on him.

We don't need another 15 (probably 15+) year curse.
[Reply]
DJay23 09:13 AM 09-04-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
It's the curse of Fatgino man, you don't up and fire a coach that has success at a basketball school because he isn't nice to boosters. This is what you get.

If Leipold builds something here, mother****ers better give his ass a wide ****ing berth and let him overstay his welcome by at least 50% before they pull the plug on him.

We don't need another 15 (probably 15+) year curse.
I'm just hoping he would want to hang around if a bigger fish came calling.
[Reply]
Page 25 of 432
« First < 152122232425 262728293575125 > Last »
Up