[Reply]
Why Not? 10:32 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I could do it in 3
That's what she said
[Reply]
BWillie 10:36 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Man. There are two clips that really show how good Witt's overall toolkit is.

What a player.

Guys, it's possible he is the No. 1 prospect in baseball in offseason lists. I'd be surprised if he isn't at the top in at least 1-2 lists, and he has a chance to be THE guy.
Tell me about his patience? I seem to recall ppl saying he had a mature approach at the plate. I expected him to have a little more walks. Is it possible the org wants him to swing and show his hit tool? I mean, Im really nit picking here just curious. He's been great.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:08 AM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Tell me about his patience? I seem to recall ppl saying he had a mature approach at the plate. I expected him to have a little more walks. Is it possible the org wants him to swing and show his hit tool? I mean, Im really nit picking here just curious. He's been great.

He sported a 9% walk rate at AA this year, a nice improvement from his pro debut in 19.

That’s not a Carlos Santana walk rate, but it’s a good/solid.

His mature approach at the plate, to me, is more about swinging at pitches he can hit hard, controlling the AB, and generally battling.
[Reply]
Rukdafaidas 06:39 AM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan:
Watching the Witt to Pratto play...hoping to see quite a bit of that in the years ahead.
Nice stretch by Pratto there, as well. Incredible play all around.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:56 AM 07-22-2021
Really hope Pratto is the real deal. It'll be very exciting to have them both up late this year or early next
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:05 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Really hope Pratto is the real deal. It'll be very exciting to have them both up late this year or early next
I don't want them anywhere near a Mike Matheny ran ball club. Dude sounds like a horrible fucking jocktard douche bag.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 04:27 PM 07-22-2021
.....MLB trade rumors: Trevor Story getting interest from handful of teams; Royals open to moving Whit Merrifield

The Royals have held onto Whit Merrifield for longer than most rebuilding teams would have. That could be changing soon, however, as The Athletic's Jayson Stark has heard Kansas City is more willing to entertain the notion of moving him than it was in the past.

Merrifield, 32, has hit .290/.336/.442 with 33 home runs and 57 stolen bases over the last three seasons. He's done that while yo-yoing between second base and the corner outfield, giving him more defensive versatility than the typical player.

One of the most appealing facets to Merrifield's game is his team-friendly contract. Including a club option in 2023, he's owed less than $15 million the next two years. Between that and his aforementioned defensive versatility, he's a fit for most every contender.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/m...it-merrifield/
[Reply]
poolboy 04:55 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
.....MLB trade rumors: Trevor Story getting interest from handful of teams; Royals open to moving Whit Merrifield

The Royals have held onto Whit Merrifield for longer than most rebuilding teams would have. That could be changing soon, however, as The Athletic's Jayson Stark has heard Kansas City is more willing to entertain the notion of moving him than it was in the past.

Merrifield, 32, has hit .290/.336/.442 with 33 home runs and 57 stolen bases over the last three seasons. He's done that while yo-yoing between second base and the corner outfield, giving him more defensive versatility than the typical player.

One of the most appealing facets to Merrifield's game is his team-friendly contract. Including a club option in 2023, he's owed less than $15 million the next two years. Between that and his aforementioned defensive versatility, he's a fit for most every contender.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/m...it-merrifield/
no way...Whit and Salvy are the only draws we have unless they bring up BWJ
[Reply]
kstater 04:57 PM 07-22-2021
They've always been open to moving him. What matters is the return. And hopefully that hasn't changed.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
poolboy 05:23 PM 07-22-2021
I just think that would gut the heart of this team
[Reply]
Why Not? 07:11 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by poolboy:
Well, it’s not exactly beating strongly. I love Whit and would have no problem keeping him but if the right offer comes along…..honestly the contention window seems to been pushed back a few seasons. By then, Whit may not be super viable as a performing member of that team.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:48 PM 07-22-2021
Whit isn't going anywhere. This is the same discussion we always have every deadline and in the off-season. The Royals arent going to just give Whit up for some fringe prospect. Whit should bring back better than we gave up for Zobrist and I just don't see a team doing that.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:25 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by poolboy:
The heart of the Royals is Salvy.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:38 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
The heart of the Royals is Salvy.
Yes, it's not even close. Guy had the biggest play in almost 30 years, went to a World Series, won the next World Series. He's been here so long and is a perennial All-Star and Gold Glove.

Whits good and all, but he's not Salvy.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:51 PM 07-22-2021
Tigers 7-0 since break

Leaving the Fightin Daytons in their rear view mirror
[Reply]
Page 264 of 440
« First < 164214254260261262263264 265266267268274314364 > Last »
Up