ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 64 of 138
« First < 14546061626364 6566676874114 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL 2021 NFL Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 02:28 PM 03-14-2021
Tampering period ends tomorrow. Post all the signings in here.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:31 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
We literally took a guy who lives on IR and retired because of it.
And are paying him in peanuts and lottery tickets.

So what?

When he’s on the field, he’s a damn stud. 7 sacks given up in 6 years starting at guard.

Protect the franchise.
[Reply]
bobhill 03:15 AM 03-20-2021
What about Yasir Durant?
[Reply]
Chargem 04:42 AM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
If Houston hypothetically said, give us two firsts and we'll give you Laremy Tunsil, you take that deal 100 times out of 100.

An elite LT is absolutely worth two picks in the thirties.
I wouldn't do that trade, unless his contract is already structured so the Texans would be on the hook for his money and the Chiefs would be paying him pennies in terms of the cap hit.

Giving up picks to pay people top dollar is just bad business (Frank Clark, come on down!).

The Chiefs would overall be a better team with Villenueva or a rookie at LT, rather than paying a kings ransom for Tunsil.
[Reply]
Chargem 04:47 AM 03-20-2021
At this point I am fine with bringing Sammy back for 1 more year, as long as WR is addressed in the draft so the Chiefs aren't in the exact same position again next year. He knows the system, I don't think Golladay is worth the money and I don't like any of the other WR options.

There are still some solid DE options on the market, say Sammy plus Dunlap and I would feel pretty good going into the draft.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 05:22 AM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by Pants:
We won a Super Bowl with Eric Fisher. You don't need a Sewell or a Trent Williams to win. Jesus ****ing Christ, how can you be such a god-awful poster?
And then we lost one without Fisher. Are you willing to risk losing years of Mahomes career on whether we have above average tackles or not?
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:23 AM 03-20-2021
I’m not willing to risk years of Mahomes career by blowing all my important draft capital for the next 3 years on one fucking player.

If Sewell ends up going full Matt Kahlil or D’Brickashaw Ferguson or Luke Joeckel or Tony Mandarich, then we’re REALLY fucked.

And if he’s great, then we got him at what cost? And what was the benefit, exactly? How much more of a “sure thing” is Sewell over the other players possibly available in our reasonable trade up range? Is that peace of mind at LT worth jeopardizing our means of one day replacing guys like Kelce, Matthieu, and others?

“Nothing is too good for our Patrick!” is horse shit because there are plenty of ways this plan can go tits up leaving us with zero resources to fix the original LT problem OR get Patrick help at other important positions.
[Reply]
Brooklyn 07:24 AM 03-20-2021
Mahomes will get injured and miss time without protection. We have seen it when a scrub like Cam Erving was forced into play, and then obviously the Super Bowl. Nothing good can come from neglecting the line, and the two positions don’t exist in a vacuum. You can’t just say, Mahomes was fine with scrubs. He’s not and it’s always a roll of the dice that you in fact lose Mahomes himself to injury, never mind being less efficient on offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
-King- 07:34 AM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I’m not willing to risk years of Mahomes career by blowing all my important draft capital for the next 3 years on one fucking player.

If Sewell ends up going full Matt Kahlil or D’Brickashaw Ferguson or Luke Joeckel or Tony Mandarich, then we’re REALLY fucked.

And if he’s great, then we got him at what cost? And what was the benefit, exactly? How much more of a “sure thing” is Sewell over the other players possibly available in our reasonable trade up range? Is that peace of mind at LT worth jeopardizing our means of one day replacing guys like Kelce, Matthieu, and others?

“Nothing is too good for our Patrick!” is horse shit because there are plenty of ways this plan can go tits up leaving us with zero resources to fix the original LT problem OR get Patrick help at other important positions.
Why is Ferguson on that list?
[Reply]
O.city 07:35 AM 03-20-2021
Yeah, you've gotta fix the LT spot. It's one of those things thats not easy to find so you've gotta be aggressive with it.

They obviously know that and they will be.
[Reply]
In58men 07:47 AM 03-20-2021
I don’t think we’re gonna sign anyone else. Just wait until after the draft to see what our needs are and sign whatever’s left.
[Reply]
Skyy God 07:51 AM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Forget it, he’s rolling.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:55 AM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Did you know Ferguson only missed one snap in his entire career? Super durable. Definitely shouldn’t be mentioned with those other guys.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:07 AM 03-20-2021
Fuck. I’m confusing Ferguson with some other top 5 guy. Got taken in one of those years around Ferguson’s year.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:10 AM 03-20-2021
Robert Gallery! No clue why I was thinking Ferguson
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:11 AM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by bobhill:
What about Yasir Durant?
He sucks
[Reply]
Page 64 of 138
« First < 14546061626364 6566676874114 > Last »
Up