Page 10 of 103
« First < 678910 111213142060 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 STL Cardinals Thread***
BigRedChief 07:50 AM 03-19-2022
2022 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

2022 Opening Day roster
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:51 PM 04-20-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah - it's pretty remarkable.

I can't imagine anything in the world would drive me more insane than Pujols returning to STL and being great again if I were a fan of any other team in baseball.

I mean lord - if that's not Cardinaldevilmagic then such a thing does not exist.

I thought he might die scoring from 1st on that double. Man that dude's legs are heavy.
First time he has went first to home since 2019. Fastest time since 2018.

He did look like he was too tired to slide and said **** it, the throw won’t be online. The dugout scene with the players was fantastic. I thought it was cool too.

There is no way he’s hitting >.280 with a 900 OPS this year. There will be some ugly stretches. But right now, it’s some nostalgic fun.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:55 PM 04-20-2022
Originally Posted by Marco Polo:
Arenado with a homer in the ninth. I love that he plays for my favorite baseball team.
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
He is on fire this year and just a blast to watch on defense. Clutch all the way around.
Originally Posted by PackerinMo:
I was stoked when we got him. He’s actually exceeded my expectations.
I sure hope he doesn’t opt-out after this year. I love that guy as a ball player. Real old school type of mentality.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:16 PM 04-20-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I sure hope he doesn’t opt-out after this year. I love that guy as a ball player. Real old school type of mentality.
I thought he had already committed to Mo he wasn't opting out?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:15 PM 04-20-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I thought he had already committed to Mo he wasn't opting out?
that was what he told Mo last off season for this year.

He always says he wants to stay. But, don’t all say that? Not that I think he’s not being truthful. I’m sure he’s being honest. Seems happy.

At this rate, he gets an MVP, the hometown Dodgers, his childhood team comes at him with the Brinks truck, he can leave.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:34 AM 04-21-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
that was what he told Mo last off season for this year.

He always says he wants to stay. But, don’t all say that? Not that I think he’s not being truthful. I’m sure he’s being honest. Seems happy.

At this rate, he gets an MVP, the hometown Dodgers, his childhood team comes at him with the Brinks truck, he can leave.
I'd be bummed but I'd get over it.

Ultimately all these opt-outs have made baseball incredibly transient. Or if it isn't, it's because a player is underperforming.

Guys get these opt-outs after a year or two and if they play well, they exercise them. If they play poorly, they don't and you're stuck paying them more than they're worth for 5 years.

There's next to zero upside on the FA market now that all these guys are signing deals with early opt-out provisions. Instead you need to get your home-grown talent to sign early and hope they continue to ascend. Someone like Flaherty never showed any interest in that - maybe someone like O'Neill would.

Otherwise is senseless to get too attached to any of these guys. Well, except for Bryce Harper, who specifically noted that he would not be asking for opt-outs when he signed in a down market. And we didn't get involved because...reasons.
[Reply]
VAChief 09:56 AM 04-21-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'd be bummed but I'd get over it.

. And we didn't get involved because...reasons.
Primarily because Mo can't evaluate talent. He basically paid Goldy for years 31-36 what he could have paid Harper for the same years.

We had a backlog of up and coming corner people who would likely need to end up at first base, but a shallow pool of outfield talent. The Phillies stole him for that price.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:20 AM 04-21-2022
Maybe I’m alone in this but I really really hope pujols reconsiders retirement. He has a perfect niche right now for a smart manager who uses him for the right matchups. He will have a place for a few years while teams scramble for DHs. I still think the rbi record is very very within reach for him.

But most of all I would love to see what late career damage he can do once they eliminate the shift. It just feels like the last hope for anyone to break bonds’ HR record which is such an eyesore for mlb records charts
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:37 PM 04-24-2022
Is it only me? but it seems like when they win the first two games of a 3 games series, they phone in their offense for game 3?
[Reply]
Frazod 07:42 PM 04-24-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Maybe I’m alone in this but I really really hope pujols reconsiders retirement. He has a perfect niche right now for a smart manager who uses him for the right matchups. He will have a place for a few years while teams scramble for DHs. I still think the rbi record is very very within reach for him.

But most of all I would love to see what late career damage he can do once they eliminate the shift. It just feels like the last hope for anyone to break bonds’ HR record which is such an eyesore for mlb records charts
Dude, it's only April. If he hasn't fallen off a cliff by July, we can revisit this.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:18 AM 04-25-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Dude, it's only April. If he hasn't fallen off a cliff by July, we can revisit this.
Yep, its coming out all rainbows right now.

It will get ugly at some point. Hopefully, not for long stretches. I don't want to see Pujols weakly grounding into a double play for months.
[Reply]
raybec 4 06:24 AM 05-01-2022
The offense is struggling, if they lose to the fucking Royals this week these douches I work with won't shut up for a goddamn month.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:21 AM 05-01-2022
Dude the Royals are 7-12 while we are 11-9. I know it is early but the Royals are just not a good organization, which sucks for the guys here. Playing us is like their WS though so we will get their best. They will probably get some ump help too.
[Reply]
raybec 4 07:30 AM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Dude the Royals are 7-12 while we are 11-9. I know it is early but the Royals are just not a good organization, which sucks for the guys here. Playing us is like their WS though so we will get their best. They will probably get some ump help too.
We are 11-9, but the offense has really stalled.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:57 AM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
The offense is struggling, if they lose to the ****ing Royals this week these douches I work with won't shut up for a goddamn month.
Arenado's start covered up a lot for this team early on.

We have way too many players hitting .200 or less. You're not going to be successful with this many players starting and win games.

Molina
Dickerson
Carlson
Dejong
Sosa
O'Neil
Donovan

No idea if Edman can be an average or close SS but this isn't a slump with DeJong, It's been going on for over a year. From what I read, Gorman is playing at least an average 2B.

Gorman is tearing it up. With the new agreement, is that Super 2 still in effect? Is that the delay? Is that why they are not calling up Gorman. I think this weak hitting lineup could use through 18 games......338 BA/11 HR/16 RBI/1.201 OPS
[Reply]
dls6501 02:35 PM 05-03-2022
I am so tired of Yadier Molina and Paul Dejong. Neither of these guys are starting level players. I don't care what Molina has meant to the franchise at this point. Knizner needs to be our everyday starting catcher. Yadi can start Kniz's days off.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 103
« First < 678910 111213142060 > Last »
Up