ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3872 of 3903
« First < 2872337237723822386238683869387038713872 38733874387538763882 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
penguinz 02:26 PM 02-04-2022
Originally Posted by Donger:
True, but influenza has been in decline since the start of the new year:

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/index.htm#whomap
The point was you can be sick and not have covid. other respiratory illnesses still exist.
[Reply]
Donger 02:28 PM 02-04-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
The point was you can be sick and not have covid. other respiratory illnesses still exist.
Yep, just pointing out the decline. My daughter got Influenza A right after Christmas.
[Reply]
penguinz 02:36 PM 02-04-2022
Yep, just pointing out the decline. My daughter got Influenza A right after Christmas.
:-)
[Reply]
philfree 02:49 PM 02-04-2022
Originally Posted by philfree:
I had Covid back in Oct. 2020 now I have the "Comicon" variant. I've had one Moderna shot back in May. I have done some traveling and been around plenty of people since then and I figured I was exposed to the virus several times and I was immune but alas. I did hear a guy on the radio the other day say that the Comicon variant had characteristics of being manufactured in a lab so maybe that's why so many people are getting it. Who knows!

It's like a cold pretty much.
She hasn't been tested but we're pretty sure the wife has it now. She has some COPD so I worry about her but she's pretty ornery though. Today was the first day I could come out of quarantine but it looks like I better just stick and stay.

Since the wife has it now and I'm mostly better it seems silly to quarantine from each other so while we'll do separate beds for another day or so I see no reason to hide from each other and wear masks in the house. And besides there's a foot of snow outside so there's not a good reason to leave anyway.

Good health to all and especially those who have been infected by the china virus.
[Reply]
TLO 06:47 PM 02-06-2022
Originally Posted by TLO:
My direct supervisor and I have been sharing an office as I'm learning my new position I was promoted to. She has covid and I'm mildly symptomatic. Rapid test says negative. Waiting on PCR results now.

I don't feel terrible. Kind of like a cold with some added fatigue and mild aches.

I don't see how it's not covid, but ?????
PCR came back negative.

Cool.
[Reply]
TLO 06:50 PM 02-06-2022
I have an employee that was put on a vent and is rapidly declining. Older gentleman, multiple co-morbitities.

Was adamantly anti-vaxx. He and I discussed the possibility of him getting vaccinated several times, and was almost convinced after he watched a family member suffer through it.

Never did get around to getting vaccinated.

[Reply]
DaFace 06:58 PM 02-06-2022
Just an update. My mom tested negative today. She had some congestion and a ton of fatigue, but that's it. My dad appears to have avoided it (though obviously there's time left). I'll take that as a victory.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 06:58 PM 02-06-2022
I have an employee that was put on a vent and is rapidly declining. Older gentleman, multiple co-morbitities.

Was adamantly anti-vaxx. He and I discussed the possibility of him getting vaccinated several times, and was almost convinced after he watched a family member suffer through it.

So sad.
[Reply]
TLO 07:10 PM 02-06-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Just an update. My mom tested negative today. She had some congestion and a ton of fatigue, but that's it. My dad appears to have avoided it (though obviously there's time left). I'll take that as a victory.
Very happy to hear.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 08:16 PM 02-06-2022
Good. Hopefully that's the worst if it
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 08:16 PM 02-06-2022
Yes, and has been since late December. Now estimated at 99.9%

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...nt-proportions
Good to know. Thanks!
[Reply]
Eureka 10:03 AM 02-07-2022

Seems the vaccine should be a no brainer for older people especially if they have medical issues.

Hope that person pulls through.
[Reply]
TLO 09:09 AM 02-10-2022

He's in rough rough shape. Even if he pulls through, his quality of life will never be anything like it was before.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:11 AM 02-10-2022
Hopefully the fatigue isn't a long-term issue. I'm still battling with it and it's been over a month now.
[Reply]
TLO 09:13 AM 02-10-2022
I'm really happy to see our local hospitalizations taking a giant nose dive. We're down in the 30's now.

I'm hoping, praying, crossing my fingers that we're reaching the end.
[Reply]
Page 3872 of 3903
« First < 2872337237723822386238683869387038713872 38733874387538763882 > Last »
Up