ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3867 of 3903
« First < 2867336737673817385738633864386538663867 38683869387038713877 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
RedRaider56 08:23 AM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Are there not public testing sites in your area, or are people just dumb and going to their primary doc instead? There are probably 20 free testing sites in the Denver metro, so I don't really know why anyone would bog down the healthcare system just to get a test.

My youngest daughter got sick a couple of weeks ago and we attempted to get her tested for Covid. The free testing sites are overrun with folks waiting hours to get tested or had run out of test.

I ended up finding a pharmacy that was doing testing at $95/test for the rapid test. I paid the $$ and sure enough my daughter tested positive.

She isolated at home and after about 3 days her fever broke and she felt much better. She had 2 Vax shots but had not gotten her booster yet.
[Reply]
Chitownchiefsfan 08:25 AM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by emaw1979:
Sorry, but you couldn’t be more wrong. The fear is pushing people to overload walk in clinics, doctors offices and ERs for a scratchy throat, cough or other cold symptoms. They have people believing COVID is a death sentence when it’s barely got a higher chance than the flu to kill.

I’ve got a doctor and 2 ER nurses in the family. They work in local hospitals and yes, they are exhausted and stressed. It’s causing irrational fear that is driving people to the ER in bus loads (practically) demanding life saving Miracle treatments for the sniffles. 24x7 covid reporting is causing mothers to put their covid positive children in their trunks FFS.

Maybe you are both right on some level.

But you are so wrong on "barely a higher chance of death than the flu." what normal flu has killed 800,000 Americans in less than 2 years?

There have been numerous people on here to post about they have lost a loved one. I lost a friend from high school who was in his mid thirties. Completely healthy. I have never seen or heard of so many people dying of the flu.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:29 AM 01-19-2022
Some good news: more outpatient options for treatment are now available.

Paxlovid, remdesivir, and molnupravir are all available outpatient in more areas. Remdesivir is a three day infusion treatment, so it's the most inconvenient, but it's more efficacious than molnupravir. Paxlovid is the most efficacious and like molnupravir is taken orally.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 08:38 AM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by emaw1979:
it’s barely got a higher chance than the flu to kill.
In the past six months I've lost five people from my circle to COVID. One was the daughter of a friend and she was in her early twenties. I also had a coworker who damn near didn't survive it but thankfully she did. In my previous 44 years I've never lost anyone to the flu. So my anecdotal evidence says fuck that "barely worse than the flu" nonsense. Plenty of hard evidence says it too.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:54 AM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan:
In the past six months I've lost five people from my circle to COVID. One was the daughter of a friend and she was in her early twenties. I also had a coworker who damn near didn't survive it but thankfully she did. In my previous 44 years I've never lost anyone to the flu. So my anecdotal evidence says fuck that "barely worse than the flu" nonsense. Plenty of hard evidence says it too.
How I feel like some people read this:

[Reply]
TLO 09:56 AM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Some good news: more outpatient options for treatment are now available.

Paxlovid, remdesivir, and molnupravir are all available outpatient in more areas. Remdesivir is a three day infusion treatment, so it's the most inconvenient, but it's more efficacious than molnupravir. Paxlovid is the most efficacious and like molnupravir is taken orally.
My Mom's pharmacy has Paxlovid now. I'm not a fan of molnupavir.
[Reply]
O.city 10:20 AM 01-19-2022
Covid is ravaging my schedule at my offices.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 10:21 AM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Employees or patients?

Or both?
[Reply]
blake5676 10:40 AM 01-19-2022
I've heard that from a few colleagues as well. Not sure if I'm lucky or I'm just working on positive patients every day who don't realize it. Probably a combination of both but I'm still not seeing many cancellations with Omicron compared to any other time in the pandemic, save for those first few weeks in 2020.
[Reply]
Dunit35 10:40 AM 01-19-2022
I’ve been a LEO for 10 years. I had to take a call of a 10 year old girl that died of Covid today. She was deceased before I arrived. Myself and FIRE did chest compressions but it was already too late. Doctor said she threw a blood clot. No pre existing conditions. She was feeling better. No fever, couch, just body aches. I feel miserable for the parents.

I have 9 and 7 year old daughters and this is the first time a call has gotten to me. I never want to take another call like it again.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:51 AM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
I’ve been a LEO for 10 years. I had to take a call of a 10 year old girl that died of Covid today. She was deceased before I arrived. Myself and FIRE did chest compressions but it was already too late. Doctor said she threw a blood clot. No pre existing conditions. She was feeling better. No fever, couch, just body aches. I feel miserable for the parents.

I have 9 and 7 year old daughters and this is the first time a call has gotten to me. I never want to take another call like it again.
Damn. That's depressing to read, let alone respond to directly. Condolences, man.
[Reply]
chinaski 10:57 AM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by Dunit35:

Man, that's tough. Condolences to all, and thank you for your service. Stay strong.
[Reply]
O.city 11:01 AM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Employees or patients?

Or both?
Ran thru the employees already, now patients.
[Reply]
R Clark 11:02 AM 01-19-2022
Screw this Covid shit, I have three grandkids under the age of three with it and a daughter and daughter in law . Worst is my daughter lives ten hours away and her husband also has come down with it plus the two kids.My daughter can’t take a full breath but feels better than the last couple of days, scares the hell out of me for all of them. They have been vaccinated but not boosted.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 11:15 AM 01-19-2022
Ran thru the employees already, now patients.
At least they are smart enough to stay away, hearing some horror stories here about employees showing up to work knowing they are positive.
[Reply]
Page 3867 of 3903
« First < 2867336737673817385738633864386538663867 38683869387038713877 > Last »
Up