ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2869 of 3903
« First < 1869236927692819285928652866286728682869 287028712872287328792919296933693869 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
loochy 06:49 PM 08-17-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
smh Dr. Deborah Birx said today we should have locked down like Italy. No fucking shit?

:-)

:-) Yeah, that would have worked out well.
[Reply]
loochy 06:53 PM 08-17-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
This virus is approaching, if not already, the most studied virus in human history. I wonder how much of this stuff we'd find if we studied other viruses this much?
I wonder how many people asymptomaticically have a cold,flu, etc.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:54 PM 08-17-2020
smh Dr. Deborah Birx said today we should have locked down like Italy. No ****ing shit?

The same Italy that to his day still has more deaths per capita than we do?
[Reply]
petegz28 06:54 PM 08-17-2020
smh Dr. Deborah Birx said today we should have locked down like Italy. No ****ing shit?

The same Italy that to his day still has more deaths per capita than we do?
[Reply]
TLO 07:06 PM 08-17-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
I wonder how many people asymptomaticically have a cold,flu, etc.
So many questions.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 08:18 PM 08-17-2020
Top infectious disease doctor. All shelter in place! Wear masks! And stuff.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:08 PM 08-17-2020
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
Top infectious disease doctor. All shelter in place! Wear masks! And stuff.
It's pretty simple...if everyone just stayed inside and never came outside for anything, wore a mask the entire time as well and did this for 3 months....the virus would still be around.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 11:31 PM 08-17-2020
We (Americans) have no discipline or self control. Too many people have moved on to "F$%& it, if I get sick, so be it" mode. I just sit at home and await the damn vaccine. Perhaps this year has caused me to grow cold, but this is now my mentality. Once I get the vaccine; fuck all the anti-vaxxers. Let em die.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 03:12 AM 08-18-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
It's pretty simple...if everyone just stayed inside and never came outside for anything, wore a mask the entire time as well and did this for 3 months....the virus would still be around.
Exactly. This shit is ridiculous.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:22 AM 08-18-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Comparing locking down the entire US to Italy is ****ing stupid. You’re talking about 328 million people versus 60.
I knew this wasn't going to over well when I posted it and honestly I think Dr. Birx is trying to cover her ass because she could have said this months ago but she didn't.

But she is right we should have locked down harder especially NYC\tri state area or the Washington State area during the first outbreaks. No travel in or out and no movement in those areas. The rest of the country could have gone with masks and social distancing until outbreaks hit in their respective areas.
[Reply]
loochy 07:47 AM 08-18-2020
I knew this wasn't going to over well when I posted it and honestly I think Dr. Birx is trying to cover her ass because she could have said this months ago but she didn't.

But she is right we should have locked down harder especially NYC\tri state area or the Washington State area during the first outbreaks. No travel in or out and no movement in those areas. The rest of the country could have gone with masks and social distancing until outbreaks hit in their respective areas.
I still think it would have escaped (or already existed) elsewhere. It would have just been a slower burn. We wouldn't have detected the small outbreaks because testing was so slow and inaccessible. Every effort on this occurs weeks too late.

This virus should be renamed "The Agent Smith Virus".

"You were right, Smith. You were always right. It was inevitable."

[Reply]
Marcellus 07:55 AM 08-18-2020

Umm isn't this basically what we did? I guess those asshole NY residents flying to Florida didn't help.
[Reply]
loochy 08:00 AM 08-18-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Umm isn't this basically what we did? I guess those asshole NY residents flying to Florida didn't help.
No. People were still free to move, mingle, and leave.

He means NO ins or outs, military blockades on all roads, no air or boat traffic, etc...national guard patrolling the streets and not letting anyone come out...you know, Wuhan-esque

But it still would have popped up and ignited elsewhere. It was inevitable.
[Reply]
suzzer99 08:14 AM 08-18-2020
Wuhan coronavirus: From silent streets to packed pools

Originally Posted by :
Today, it appears that life has edged back to normal in Wuhan. The images of partygoers attending the HOHA Water Electrical Musical Festival over the weekend have only proved this point. Organisers even offered female tourists tickets at half price in a bid to attract more visitors.

Wuhan Happy Valley - the theme park that owns the Maya Water park - re-opened on 25 June, but according to its deputy general manager it only started getting more visitors this August.

The park currently sees around 15,000 visitors on the weekend, he said, around half the number of people it saw this time last year.

On Chinese social media, some commenters expressed surprise that such a large scale event was allowed to take place in Wuhan. There was also alarm on Twitter and Facebook.

But Wuhan has not had a local coronavirus case since mid-May, and about 9.9 million people in the city have been tested for the virus. There are no bans in place on large gatherings.
I know we could never do what Wuhan did. But it does make you wonder if we just bit the bullet and did a hard-core lockdown for a couple months - maybe cases would be so low that we could keep up with them with contact tracing - and stamp out the little brush fires before they explode.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:30 AM 08-18-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Originally Posted by loochy:
No. People were still free to move, mingle, and leave.

He means NO ins or outs, military blockades on all roads, no air or boat traffic, etc...national guard patrolling the streets and not letting anyone come out...you know, Wuhan-esque

But it still would have popped up and ignited elsewhere. It was inevitable.
Loochy is correct and I assume that is what Dr. Birx was saying when she was suggesting people had to get passes to be out. There was no reason why people were allowed to fly in and out of NYC during this time or travel for that matter.

I agree it probably would have popped out but it might have been alot more manageable.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:41 AM 08-18-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Wuhan coronavirus: From silent streets to packed pools

I know we could never do what Wuhan did. But it does make you wonder if we just bit the bullet and did a hard-core lockdown for a couple months - maybe cases would be so low that we could keep up with them with contact tracing - and stamp out the little brush fires before they explode.
Yeah, never mind our economy would have completely collapsed....
[Reply]
Page 2869 of 3903
« First < 1869236927692819285928652866286728682869 287028712872287328792919296933693869 > Last »
Up