ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 29
« First < 162223242526 272829 >
Media Center>So....Dune 2020. Cool?
Amnorix 03:03 PM 08-19-2019
I learned today for the first time that a remake of the awesome book (and decidedly less awesome early 80s movie) Dune is being made, and is currently in post-production with a release date of December 18, 2020.

The cast includes many I don't know, but the ones I do know seem excellent for their roles. It's damn near a Marvel reunion...

Jason Mamoa as Duncan Idaho (the swordmaster of House Atreides)

Josh Brolin as Gurney Halleck (weaponsmaster of House Atreides, played memorably (and surprisingly) by Patrick Stewart in the original movie

Stellan Skarsgard as Baron Harkonnen

Dave Bautista (better known as Drax the Destroyer) as "Beast" Rabban, the nephew of Harkonnen

The most critical guy -- the one playing Paul is unknown to me. https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3154303/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t3

This film is also only going to cover the first half of the book, which is good. It's really not possible to cover the whole thing in one 2 or 3 hour movie.

Anyway -- I love the book and a really good film would be great. What say you about all this news? Or am I just the last to known (as would be typical, to be honest!)
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 03:54 PM 05-12-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:

Proof that part 1 needed more cowbell
[Reply]
Frazod 05:26 PM 05-12-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Heh. An unexpected casting choice. Should be fun, though.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:49 PM 05-12-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Heh. An unexpected casting choice. Should be fun, though.
They got these, worms. . .
And the worms, . . . they POOP.
Craziest thing, . . . you snort the POOP, and you can FLY . . .
Swear to God, man. . . Craziest thing I ever saw . . . /walkenvoice.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:17 AM 07-14-2022
Boy - they do a hell of an about/face on the Bene Gesserit, don't they? By the end of Chapterhouse you can make an excellent argument that the central story isn't about the Atreides as much as it is the Bene Gesserit.

I need to find some sort of source for Hunters and Sandworms to finish the main series, but they've really leaned heavily into the witches as misunderstood benevolent figures.

Oh, and Josh Brolin should've played Miles Teg. The Bashar is pretty much a badass and any story is made better by some sort of warrior monk.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:23 PM 07-16-2022
Finally got around to watching this one.

I have never read the books or even heard of them until this movie was under production so it was a lot to take in.

I'm definitely awaiting part 2 to see more of the Fremen culture, "Desert Power", and general lore etc.

Questions: how do animals as massive as sand worms survive on such a barren planet? I'm assuming they filter nutrients from the sand as they travel?

Wtf was that on the ceiling when Leto poisoned the room. Was that the Baron? If so, uhhhhh, what the fuck?
[Reply]
Frazod 11:03 PM 07-16-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Finally got around to watching this one.

I have never read the books or even heard of them until this movie was under production so it was a lot to take in.

I'm definitely awaiting part 2 to see more of the Fremen culture, "Desert Power", and general lore etc.

Questions: how do animals as massive as sand worms survive on such a barren planet? I'm assuming they filter nutrients from the sand as they travel?

Wtf was that on the ceiling when Leto poisoned the room. Was that the Baron? If so, uhhhhh, what the fuck?
The Baron had grown so fat that he could no longer walk. He moved around by means of anti-gravity suspensors. He used the suspensors to escape the poison gas.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:06 PM 12-07-2022

[Reply]
Frazod 09:50 PM 12-07-2022
Obviously when I saw the picture of the guy playing Feyd I didn't know it was the guy from the Elvis movie. Solid choice.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:45 PM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Cant wait. A full god damn year I have to wait.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:09 PM 05-02-2023
New teaser for Part 2. Apparently a full trailer will drop tomorrow.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:44 PM 05-02-2023
trailers for trailers! :-)

was that lovely feyd?
[Reply]
BigRichard 06:26 AM 05-03-2023
Originally Posted by Frazod:
New teaser for Part 2. Apparently a full trailer will drop tomorrow.

Here is a trailer about the trailer we are going to release tomorrow... wtf
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:07 AM 05-03-2023
holy fuck

they're going to do an amazing job with the worm riding scene

[Reply]
Frazod 11:35 AM 05-03-2023
Yeah, that looked amazing.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Shoes 01:05 PM 05-03-2023
I can't wait- looks unreal.