ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 20
« First < 71314151617 181920 >
In Memoriam>Fire Me Boy! has passed away
luv 08:11 AM 03-02-2020
His wife posted the news on his Facebook a little earlier this morning. I know that he will be missed by many on here, especially the foodies.

FMB was one of the first people to really welcome me on here when I first joined and started posting regularly. I never met him in person, but he was one great guy and a fellow grammar Nazi. :-)

I'm sure his wife would appreciate any thoughts or prayers.

RIP, Fire Me Boy!

PART OF OBITUARY THAT LEAVES OUT PEOPLE'S NAMES AND CHANGES HIS TO FMB:

FMB, 41, died suddenly Monday morning, March 2, 2020, at his home of an apparent heart attack. [PERSONAL INFO]
[EARLIER EDUCATION] He attended then-Central Methodist College before transferring to then-Central Missouri State University, where he received his bachelor’s degree in broadcast and film, with a minor in vocal music.
[WORK HISTORY] He continued to work there until becoming disabled last summer.
He was a Kansas City Chief’s fan when it wasn’t popular and from his home helped cheer the Chiefs to their first Superbowl win in his lifetime. He was a foodie often seen on Chief’s Planet. FMB also was a photographer.[LIST WIFE OF 17 YEARS AND OTHER SURVIVORS]
[SERVICE INFO]
Memorial contributions may be made in his memory to the American Diabetes Association or the National Kidney Foundation.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 01:13 PM 03-05-2020
Grandpa kitchen on Youtube is AWESOME
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:43 PM 03-05-2020
I know that most people identify FMB! with the Food threads but when he first joined, he was super passionate about film, especially old Hollywood films and their stars.

There are a ton of homes in my neighborhood that were once owned by "Old Hollywood" movie stars and I'd send links and pictures of the homes that were up for sale over the years for him to check out.

It always seemed to make him really happy...
[Reply]
Lzen 04:17 PM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
I know this might sound morbid but I think it's time for CP to start a new section titled: "In Memory" for all the CP members who we know have passed with their user name, date they joined, date they passed, their age and a great thread to remind us of them along with any info about their memorial.

While it might be a downer for some, celebrating someone's life and the good things we remember about them on some anonymous internet board is a pretty remarkable thing when you really get right down into it. I think 99.5% of everyone here really likes each other regardless of our creed, race, color, or religion, standing in life or other differences,

I like to be reminded about people like Lonewolf Ed who shared his brave battle with cancer with all of us and never lost his sense of humor. Now we have FMB with his Beetus Battle and Food threads.

Just a thought......:-)

This is a great idea.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:00 PM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I know that most people identify FMB! with the Food threads but when he first joined, he was super passionate about film, especially old Hollywood films and their stars.

There are a ton of homes in my neighborhood that were once owned by "Old Hollywood" movie stars and I'd send links and pictures of the homes that were up for sale over the years for him to check out.

It always seemed to make him really happy...
Yes. I remember he was a movie critic
[Reply]
DaFace 05:20 PM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by Lzen:
This is a great idea.
We've had attempts at it off and on over the years. Here's one:

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318464

Just hard to keep them going and updated.
[Reply]
Eleazar 07:02 PM 03-05-2020
What did his username mean? Anyone know?
[Reply]
REDHOTGTO 07:24 PM 03-05-2020
man that sucks, so glad he got to see the big win first, my cousins wife passed the day after the SB and had waited 50 years like all of us
[Reply]
ChiTown 07:46 PM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
What did his username mean? Anyone know?
https://tick.fandom.com/wiki/Fire_Me_Boy
[Reply]
Pants 10:12 PM 03-05-2020
Oh my goodness. RIP, FMB.

This is just so tragic.
[Reply]
scho63 02:42 AM 03-06-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
We've had attempts at it off and on over the years. Here's one:

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318464

Just hard to keep them going and updated.
I think the thread title is a little deceiving and a single thread probably wouldn't work. I wouldn't never expect someone to keep updating it, too much work.

A subsection and then a single thread for each member who passed would probably be easy. :-)
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 01:37 PM 03-06-2020
Originally Posted by luv:
Also from his obit, he died from an apparent heart attack. I know he'd been in the hospital recently for other things, but it sounds like this was unexpected.
Crikey! He seemed way too young for a heart attack. What an awful unexpected reason for him to die.
[Reply]
New World Order 01:38 PM 03-06-2020
41. Wow, that’s terrible.

Prayers to his fam
[Reply]
Miles 12:13 AM 03-07-2020
Bit random but I’d just remembered I have a Japanese Shun chefs knife specifically due to his recommendation and changed everything about how I thought of knives in the kitchen. Imagine many were similarly influenced from his love of cooking like other examples brought up earlier in this thread.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:31 AM 03-07-2020
Originally Posted by Miles:
Bit random but I’d just remembered I have a Japanese Shun chefs knife specifically due to his recommendation and changed everything about how I thought of knives in the kitchen. Imagine many were similarly influenced from his love of cooking like other examples brought up earlier in this thread.
Definitely. Most of the cooking techniques I learned from this place and mostly him.

Also changed my tune on pirating because of him. That’s really the only time I saw him ever unload both barrels was over copyright infringement.
[Reply]
eDave 04:40 AM 03-07-2020
I'm admittedly bad at responding to CP members RIPs. This guy was great. This guy was pretty neutral about all things. This guy left memories for many, ensuring he will live on for a long time. RIP dude. Hope to see you soon.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 20
« First < 71314151617 181920 >
Up