ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 852 of 3903
« First < 352752802842848849850851852 85385485585686290295213521852 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:01 AM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by D2112:
The town I live in has some shady tap water, I posted the contaminants earlier in this thread. I only use tap water for coffee tea or oat meal. This is going on 3 weeks people stock piling bottled water
Man that sucks, cant trust tap water? why? Older water infrastructure pipes that leak or something? Welll that would explain the run on bottled water,

We have an issue down here with the sewers built in 1920 leaking, When we get storms or long lasting rain events, they dump water that may have been contaminated into the gulf, Spending $300 million to fix it, hasn't happened in a couple of years now.
[Reply]
O.city 08:01 AM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I don't think there is any link that has been shown to prove that but at the end of the day would you be surprised to find out that there was some kind of link at least with some people?
Yeah, it would be pretty surprising
[Reply]
Pablo 08:02 AM 03-28-2020
I think the corona will magically evaporate from the Earth as of 3/29.

*positive vibes*
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:02 AM 03-28-2020
I don't think there is any link that has been shown to prove that but at the end of the day would you be surprised to find out that there was some kind of link at least with some people?
Yes. They are two completely discrete viral illnesses and flu season is already trending down.
[Reply]
wazu 08:04 AM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:
I think the corona will magically evaporate from the Earth as of 3/29.

*positive vibes*
I'm assuming you're referring to one you spilled on the floor last night.
[Reply]
2112 08:04 AM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
We’re out of peak flu season
Did you see italy? 9.6 mortality rate and health care system wrecked. No vaccinations for the flu

Us 1.3% mortality rate and we vaccinate

Can you explain why the difference in mortality rate? I actually got this from this article

https://www.latimes.com/science/stor...nobel-laureate
[Reply]
Monticore 08:05 AM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
They should have expected it though. What other place in the US is so perfect for a virus like this? Crowded, busy, international, lots of travel and tourists
I agree but it couldn’t happen here is common thought for most people , just look at this thread, yes NY has dense population but also has tons of resources. Small towns including mine just don’t have the resources to handle even just few critically ill patients. If we stay diligent we can beat this thing .
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 08:05 AM 03-28-2020
Did you see italy? 9.6 mortality rate and health care system wrecked. No vaccinations for the flu

Can you explain why the difference in mortality rate? I actually got this from this article

I wouldn't read too much into that. Italy has a much older population than the US from what I understand.
[Reply]
wazu 08:07 AM 03-28-2020

Italy has a ton of elderly people. And not that there is any relationship to flu vaccine, but since you bring it up I can find no evidence of Italians being "anti-flu vaccine". A quick search makes it look like about 50% of them over age 65 get their flu shot. Maybe not as good as here, but they also aren't oblivious.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:07 AM 03-28-2020

Correlation does not imply causation. Their hospital systems were overwhelmed with cases and they lacked supportive care for patients. New York is reaching that point. If they don't get enough vents their CFR will also increase markedly.
[Reply]
2112 08:09 AM 03-28-2020
All good, thanks for the feedback
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:09 AM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
I don't know how anyone could reach this conclusion.
I guess I should have used fatality rate rather than "growth" as it seems like number of cases is just too inconstant due to testing variance. We have 6 states with deaths 95 or more, NY is 1/3rd of ALL deaths. Washington State is at 179 and they had 90 what 3 weeks ago?

The vast majority of states are seeing 1-5 deaths a day and that hasn't changed.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:09 AM 03-28-2020
It's one thing to point out negative stories. It's another to nothing but then have anxiety attacks over them.
Firstly I was quoting someone else. Secondly you're the one who makes a beef with anyone that isn't on your end of the world train.

Just like you're doing now. No one attacked you. People are pointing out that you do nothing but focus on the negative and to an extreme.

No one is painting rainbows. Stop being so freaking overly-emotional.
You think because you quoted someone else then trash me that it doesn't count?:-)

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
You did attack him. He posted an article and then you accused him of only talking about negative news about the CoronaVirus. This isn't a "Only post positive news NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread" it's "NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread"

As long as news comes from a reputable source and it isn't political there's no reason anyone should be attacked for posting news related to the CoronaVirus.
And Pete just keeps going with the attacks. Pete just stop digging your own hole and quit cluttering up this thread with your BS beefs. The ignore function still works on here, right?
[Reply]
Donger 08:09 AM 03-28-2020
18,691 new cases yesterday? Yeesh.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:10 AM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Correlation does not imply causation. Their hospital systems were overwhelmed with cases and they lacked supportive care for patients. New York is reaching that point. If they don't get enough vents their CFR will also increase markedly.
I just read that NY has over 1000 spare vents right now and more on the way. :-)

I'll see if I can find the article.
[Reply]
Page 852 of 3903
« First < 352752802842848849850851852 85385485585686290295213521852 > Last »
Up