ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 119 of 146
« First < 1969109115116117118119 120121122123129 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Eagles (Super Bowl edition!)
RunKC 09:23 PM 01-29-2023
Well fellas what do we think?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:13 PM 02-10-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I find it hard to believe that the Eagles aren’t just “happy to be here”.

Mahomes and Reid are in full legacy mode.

I always favor the matchups and schemes over the intangibles, but I’ve seen Hurts in a National Championship. It wasn’t pretty.
If you just put a helmet on Tua and told him "Games on - go throw the ball" he's probably so addled at this point he wouldn't give it a second thought...

Eagles may need him to bail out Hurts again on Sunday.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:13 PM 02-10-2023
The unsung heroes will be Brandon Williams and Khalen Saunders to plug and stymie the Eagles running game
[Reply]
tredadda 12:15 PM 02-10-2023

I always favor the matchups and schemes over the intangibles, but I’ve seen Hurts in a National Championship. It wasn’t pretty.
Honestly though, the current version of Hurts is miles different then that one. Being replaced by Tua was probably the best thing that ever happened to him from a QB development perspective.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:16 PM 02-10-2023

Not sure I'd say they're just happy to be there. They were the #1 team pretty much all year and they just won a Super Bowl in 2017.

I agree with you though, they're the inexperienced team when compared to KC. They're more susceptible to being "wide eyed" than the Chiefs are, by a lot.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 12:19 PM 02-10-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I really think, given the Eagles ferocious front four-and make no mistake-they ARE formidable-

I really think that the difference in this game will be Pacheco and Mckinnon.
I think that ties in to what I think will determine the game, and that is Andy's game plan.

I am obviously not an expert, but early in the game we have to use a lot of screens, slants, and short, quick passes.

We need to be on the short game early, because as the game goes on, it will slow down their rush because they won't be sure if it's a screen or an outlet pass, and they will hesitate just a bit.

So, McKinnon and Pacheco would be huge in the screen game, but I wouldn't limit it to just backs.

And if we can slow their rush just a little bit, after attacking short, the defense could open up for some deep passes.

So, hit the backs, Toney, and even Kelce on quick hitters, screens, and slants, the defense won't be able to just pick a spot on the backfield and go, and we limit their rush and protect Wiley, and to some extent Brown, in the process.

I am also all for running the ball, unless we keep running it up the middle for 2 yards over and over.

And I would say there is an honorable mention, and that's the defense being physical with Hurts. I am not saying play dirty, but when a hard, legal hit is there, we need to make sure Hurts feels it. I would never say let's injure the other team's QB, but their defense sure as hell is going to be physical with Mahomes.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
[Reply]
tredadda 12:21 PM 02-10-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Not sure I'd say they're just happy to be there. They were the #1 team pretty much all year and they just won a Super Bowl in 2017.

I agree with you though, they're the inexperienced team when compared to KC. They're more susceptible to being "wide eyed" than the Chiefs are, by a lot.
Maybe at QB and HC. Despite KC being in the SB recently, how many people on this team were part of the last SB (starters I mean)? Off the top of my head the only ones I can think of are:

Mahomes
CEH
Hardman (who is on the IR)
Wylie
Kelce
Clark
Jones
Danna (who's not really a starter)
Thornhill
Sneed
Saunders

It's actually pretty amazing to see how much turnover that is on this team as they should have more from a team that was in the SB two years ago.
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:23 PM 02-10-2023
Can we get Kyle to check in on and grease up the server before Sunday?

Gotsta have my CP for the big game…
[Reply]
tredadda 12:23 PM 02-10-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I think that ties in to what I think will determine the game, and that is Andy's game plan.

I am obviously not an expert, but early in the game we have to use a lot of screens, slants, and short, quick passes.

We need to be on the short game early, because as the game goes on, it will slow down their rush because they won't be sure if it's a screen or an outlet pass, and they will hesitate just a bit.

So, McKinnon and Pacheco would be huge in the screen game, but I wouldn't limit it to just backs.

And if we can slow their rush just a little bit, after attacking short, the defense could open up for some deep passes.

So, hit the backs, Toney, and even Kelce on quick hitters, screens, and slants, the defense won't be able to just pick a spot on the backfield and go, and we limit their rush and protect Wiley, and to some extent Brown, in the process.

I am also all for running the ball, unless we keep running it up the middle for 2 yards over and over.

And I would say there is an honorable mention, and that's the defense being physical with Hurts. I am not saying play dirty, but when a hard, legal hit is there, we need to make sure Hurts feels it. I would never say let's injure the other team's QB, but their defense sure as hell is going to be physical with Mahomes.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
Based off of prior experiences, I trust Mahomes and Andy against a top defense more than Philly's defense vs us.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:24 PM 02-10-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Maybe at QB and HC. Despite KC being in the SB recently, how many people on this team were part of the last SB (starters I mean)? Off the top of my head the only ones I can think of are:

Mahomes
CEH
Hardman (who is on the IR)
Wylie
Kelce
Clark
Jones
Danna (who's not really a starter)
Thornhill
Sneed
Saunders

It's actually pretty amazing to see how much turnover that is on this team as they should have more from a team that was in the SB two years ago.
If you're talking about being in a SB in general then Thuney should be on that list
[Reply]
tredadda 12:27 PM 02-10-2023
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
If you're talking about being in a SB in general then Thuney should be on that list
True. I realized that after posting. Still a surprisingly small number. Something like 8 of our 22 starters (if Saunders is counted as a starter) have been in a SB. Not as huge an experience advantage as initially one would think.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:28 PM 02-10-2023

[Reply]
tk13 12:41 PM 02-10-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
AJ Brown played on those Titans team and it was still a Tennessee Titans Situation. Smith's a little better than Corey Davis was at that time, but not substantially so.

The Eagles are closer to the '19 Titans than anyone will acknowledge, IMO.
Eh I don't know about that. Devonta Smith is an elite talent, he would be a monster in the Chiefs offense. I think Corey Davis would end up similar to MVS, a guy who can blow up and has talent but Devonta is on another level. He's only a second year player and he had a better year this year than Corey Davis has ever had. Goedert is good too, they have elite pass catchers.
[Reply]
raybec 4 12:42 PM 02-10-2023
This fucking goof has no real football knowledge at all.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/s...eams%20players.

His bold prediction is an Eagles blowout.

1. Quez Watkins scores the first touchdown of the game

2. Patrick Mahomes gets sacked four or more times as Eagles pass rush makes history

3. Travis Kelce's eight-game streak of having 75+ receiving yards ends

4. A.J. Brown catches TD, but doesn't put up huge numbers

5. The Eagles win the Super Bowl by 14 or more points
[Reply]
Skyy God 12:44 PM 02-10-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Sexy.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:44 PM 02-10-2023
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
This fucking goof has no real football knowledge at all.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/s...eams%20players.

His bold prediction is an Eagles blowout.

1. Quez Watkins scores the first touchdown of the game

2. Patrick Mahomes gets sacked four or more times as Eagles pass rush makes history

3. Travis Kelce's eight-game streak of having 75+ receiving yards ends

4. A.J. Brown catches TD, but doesn't put up huge numbers

5. The Eagles win the Super Bowl by 14 or more points
It was written by some dude named Garrett Podell. He's probably an intern.
[Reply]
Page 119 of 146
« First < 1969109115116117118119 120121122123129 > Last »
Up