ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 10
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Things that need to change for us to turn it around
-King- 11:00 PM 10-10-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Time for a more risk averse QB. Alex Smith perhaps?
Yeah sure.

I don't even think it's worth debating you over Mahomes. If you can't even admit that he had a bad game and that 20 interceptions would be terrible, then I don't know what the point in going back and forth with you would be.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:12 AM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
He's on pace for a 20INT season. That's...part of the problem.
All but maybe one or two of his INT's this season were unlucky bounces off WR's hands.

And the 2nd INT tonight was just a great play by Rousseau.

It's not like he's throwing them recklessly into triple coverage.
[Reply]
lcarus 12:19 AM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
All but maybe one or two of his INT's this season were unlucky bounces off WR's hands.

Yep and a couple other interceptions were 3rd and long plays that basically ended up as short punts. Yeah, you don't want them to occur, but you can live with them. The fumbles have been the big issue. We're sitting pretty at 4-1 right now if our guys could hold on to the football. And that is even with our trash defense and brutal schedule. Mahomes has been amazing this year.
[Reply]
tk13 12:24 AM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:

That's kind of the beauty of playing that safe Cover 2 though. Dungy and Lovie Smith made a living at that. Play the Cover 2 all day and keep everything in front of you. Every time a ball goes through the hands of a WR, and it will happen, it's a potential INT.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 04:21 AM 10-11-2021
2 of his 6 interceptions are a direct result of him making a mistake. Three of them went through his receiver’s hands and one was a fluke/phenomenal play by a defensive end. Mahomes is not part of the problem.

The offense has moved the ball pretty much at will against every team they’ve played. It hasn’t been as flashy as in years past because of the deep cover 2 teams are playing, but they have been patient and methodical on offense. Turnovers is what has stymied the offense. I expect that to even out over the season.

I did like what I saw from the defense in the second half of this game. More aggressive, bringing pressure from different levels, and they played their younger, faster players. I believe the defense only gave up 7 points in the second half.
[Reply]
emaw1979 04:46 AM 10-11-2021
Two of them are on him. The rest are dropped passes that ricocheted into the defender's hands, fluked tip ball at the line of scrimmage, and a stopped route.
[Reply]
ljmhawk 10:45 PM 10-10-2021
Originally Posted by RollChiefsRoll:
:-)

Yeah Mahomes is the problem.
i mean he’s throwing a lot of INTs and his throws haven’t been looking too good….so yeah he is part of the problem.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:46 PM 10-10-2021
Originally Posted by ljmhawk:
i mean he’s throwing a lot of INTs and his throws haven’t been looking too good….so yeah he is part of the problem.
People get turbo pissed when this is brought up, but it's true. Not all of them are on him but he's not playing like an elite passer rn
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 10:53 PM 10-10-2021
This team reminds me of the beginning of Rocky 3. Champ, smooth sailing, feels unbeatable, gets soft, doesnt train right, believes his own hype, gets absolutely destroyed by Clubber Lang.

This assbeating from Buffalo to fall to 2-3 is basically that 2nd round vicious KO.

Will they find it in themselves to get the eye of tiger?

Or will the bitches elect to stay down?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:53 PM 10-10-2021
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
People get turbo pissed when this is brought up, but it's true. Not all of them are on him but he's not playing like an elite passer rn
The guy led the league in QBR by a wide margin entering this game but ok lol
[Reply]
carcosa 11:09 PM 10-10-2021
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
He had five touchdowns last week lol

He was bad tonight, but he's the least of our concerns. Great quarterbacks get out of slumps (again, we're talking about someone who throws 5 touchdowns during a "slump") and Patrick Mahomes is a great quarterback.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:46 PM 10-10-2021
funny how you mentioned nothing about the offense except for Gordon….has this team never seen a Cover 2 in their life? jesus christ….you would think we are playing the steel curtain defense or the Ray Lewis Ravens. the offense is not focused at all. Maybe Mahomes should focus more on his team instead of making commercials or flying off to golf tournaments and NBA playoff games. drops, fumbles, interceptions.
All the focus in the world from Mahomes ain't gonna fix a play like that Pick 6 tonight. The ball was on the money and your best receiver bobbled it to the other team for 7 points. The team is a mess in general.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:52 PM 10-10-2021
funny how you mentioned nothing about the offense except for Gordon….has this team never seen a Cover 2 in their life? jesus christ….you would think we are playing the steel curtain defense or the Ray Lewis Ravens. the offense is not focused at all. Maybe Mahomes should focus more on his team instead of making commercials or flying off to golf tournaments and NBA playoff games. drops, fumbles, interceptions.
Oh my God get out of here with this shit.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:36 PM 10-10-2021
I think Sorensen is Spags secret lover so good luck.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:38 PM 10-10-2021
Mahomes not throwing interceptions week in and week out would help
[Reply]
Page 2 of 10
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up