ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Nzoner's Game Room>DVOA Rankings Through Week 6
wachashi 07:57 AM 10-20-2021
Nothing too shocking on the Chiefs' numbers. The offense has been elite, while the defense has been horrible. Special Teams has actually been good. Our schedule has been the toughest so far but gets much easier from here.

Some interesting non-Chiefs notes:

[Reply]
Gary Cooper 08:02 AM 10-20-2021
Special teams being good basically means Buttker has been good.

The punter doesn't get much reps but he's not a good punter. Good placeholder though.

The return game is a disaster. Penalties, fumbles, downing the ball inside the 5 yard line, etc. They should stop returning kicks until the players are more disciplined.
[Reply]
wachashi 08:12 AM 10-20-2021
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
Special teams being good basically means Buttker has been good.

The punter doesn't get much reps but he's not a good punter. Good placeholder though.

The return game is a disaster. Penalties, fumbles, downing the ball inside the 5 yard line, etc. They should stop returning kicks until the players are more disciplined.
I don't disagree, but DVOA does capture the return game. LINK

"Our special teams metric includes five separate measurements: field goals (and extra points), net punting, punt returns, net kickoffs, and kick returns."
[Reply]
HemiEd 01:05 PM 10-20-2021

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:09 PM 10-20-2021
So the Chargers are HUGE frauds then...nice
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:12 PM 10-20-2021
when we scalp dallas the league will recognize our growing power
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:13 PM 10-20-2021
Oh and I guess I was wrong about Denver....they aren't the 26th best team, but 22nd :-) BUT that was against the Charmin soft part of their schedule. Holy fuck they are worse than I thought
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:28 PM 10-20-2021
How does Buffalo get such an easy schedule, outside of of their division being garbage?
[Reply]
Shag 01:32 PM 10-20-2021
That Buffalo schedule is insanely soft, and that's finishing atop their division last year. TB and KC are the only tough games all year - they really fucked up losing on Monday, should have cruised to the 1 seed.
[Reply]
notorious 01:39 PM 10-20-2021
Everything is aligned for Buffalo. If they don’t go to the Super Bowl this season the fans might kill themselves.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 01:41 PM 10-20-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
Everything is aligned for Buffalo. If they don’t go to the Super Bowl this season the fans might kill themselves.
They'll kill themselves if they lose to either Dallas (again) or Tom Brady (as always) in the Super Bowl. So there's that also.
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:52 PM 10-20-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
How does Buffalo get such an easy schedule, outside of of their division being garbage?
AFCS also garbage, plus the Steelers winning their division last season.... and if those 9 games aren't enough (not including the Titans, who they would have played anyway), the NFCE is their extra NFC game. :-)

The fact that the rest of their division has even worse schedules and are a combined 1-10 outside of their own shit division is a true testament to the dumpster fire that is the AFCE.
[Reply]
wachashi 02:01 PM 10-20-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
So the Chargers are HUGE frauds then...nice
They overtook Kansas City's spot as the worst run defense after getting gashed by the Ravens last week. They've got big problems stopping the run, but have a stout pass defense.
[Reply]
BlackOp 02:12 PM 10-20-2021
Bills had the 31st schedule up to now...and the 32nd for the remaining.

Kind of disingenuous to rank them as the best team in football...
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:13 PM 10-20-2021
Originally Posted by wachashi:
They overtook Kansas City's spot as the worst run defense after getting gashed by the Ravens last week. They've got big problems stopping the run, but have a stout pass defense.
230 to the Browns and 190 to the Ravens... I've been saying the stats will normalize a bit. After this week, the Chiefs will have played 4 of the top 5 rushing offenses in the league (and still play the Cowboys who are the other one).

Doesn't mean they'll do anything ridiculous like rise to the top 10 of rush defense, but as they play more garbage teams and other teams in the league play those top 5, it'll even out a bit and I'm guessing no longer be the worst defense in the history of sports.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up