Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Lucas Niang Thread*****
Dante84 09:31 PM 04-24-2020
More to come in 2021

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Pants 11:56 AM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
This can’t be true.

I was told that opt outs had zero contact with the team on CP!
The only logical conclusion is that Veach is lying.
[Reply]
Skyy God 04:21 PM 03-02-2021
Trade a conditional 7th for the Titans nutcase R1 tackle??
[Reply]
BossChief 04:33 PM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Trade a conditional 7th for the Titans nutcase R1 tackle??
I mean...if nobody is willing to give anything up for him, what does that say about him?
[Reply]
tmax63 07:17 PM 03-02-2021
To me it says win/win situation. Great talent for next to nothing and if he figures it out the sky is the limit, if he don't and is bagging groceries next year you didn't lose much.
[Reply]
Dante84 09:57 AM 04-19-2021
Andy just mentioned on the presser, when asked about Left Tackle: "We had aspirations for Niang to possibly fit in that spot. We were seeing some good stuff from him in the few days we had with him before the opt-out."
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:05 AM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Andy just mentioned on the presser, when asked about Left Tackle: "We had aspirations for Niang to possibly fit in that spot. We were seeing some good stuff from him in the few days we had with him before the opt-out."
This place is going to fucking melt down.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:11 AM 04-19-2021
WHO COULD HAVE SEEN THIS COMING?????

(I did, by the way. A few others as well, but I was one of them)

No, that doesn't mean he's automatically our starter, but it means they're going to give him a look. I think that's significant. What it means is that when we hear the reports about the Chiefs believing there to be starter-quality OTs all the way into the 3rd round, we might just draft a guy who played RT in college if the Chiefs think he's going to be a damn good player.
[Reply]
-King- 10:15 AM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Hes just throwing names out there.

Chiefs coach Andy Reid mentions Lucas Niang as a potential candidate at left tackle. Reid further points out Kyle Long and Mike Remmers could be in the mix.

— Herbie Teope (@HerbieTeope) April 19, 2021

It's not like he's just going to say that we don't have an LT and we need to draft one or trade for one. That's how you ruin any leverage you gave.
[Reply]
In58men 10:20 AM 04-19-2021
Andy made sure to emphasize that Brett Veach may not be done signing guys. I bet we see a veteran OT signed and an off-ball defender before training camp #Chiefs
[Reply]
Dante84 10:21 AM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Hes just throwing names out there.

It's not like he's just going to say that we don't have an LT and we need to draft one or trade for one. That's how you ruin any leverage you gave.
I was listening live; most definitely he was talking through the various guys when prompted about LT, and agree, he's not going to say "yeah its a shitshow right now."

That said, I found it interesting to hear him drop that nugget in while talking through it, since no one (from the Chiefs) has talked about Niang as a LT candidate to date.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:22 AM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
WHO COULD HAVE SEEN THIS COMING?????

(I did, by the way. A few others as well, but I was one of them)

No, that doesn't mean he's automatically our starter, but it means they're going to give him a look. I think that's significant. What it means is that when we hear the reports about the Chiefs believing there to be starter-quality OTs all the way into the 3rd round, we might just draft a guy who played RT in college if the Chiefs think he's going to be a damn good player.
It’s probably why Remmer’s agent came out said he’s been told he’s the starter at RT. Niang and a rookie are going to battle it out for the LT spot.

It’s also why Veach didn’t do shit after missing out on Trent Williams. “BUT WHY DID THEY GO AFTER WILLIAMS IF NIANG IS THEIR LT!?!?” Because you never pass up an opportunity to improve your team as a whole.
[Reply]
Dante84 10:22 AM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
Andy made sure to emphasize that Brett Veach may not be done signing guys. I bet we see a veteran OT signed and an off-ball defender before training camp #Chiefs
Oh yeah - this changes nothing in my mind. Still drafting a T, still signing a FA I'm sure.

Just surprised to hear him reference Niang at LT in general.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:23 AM 04-19-2021
Interesting that Andy said that Niang had potential for LT when they saw him last.

I wonder if they will draft a developmental RT at some point in the draft, start Remmers at RT and have Long be the backup in case of injury.

We do have LDT and Wylie as RG’s in that scenario
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:23 AM 04-19-2021
Regardless of where Niang plays, I'm betting they intend Remmers to be the swing tackle, not the starting RT.
[Reply]
In58men 10:24 AM 04-19-2021
Let’s not forget, Reid also said the door is open for the return of Fisher and Schwartz.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 46
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up