ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 138 of 2693
« First < 3888128134135136137138 1391401411421481882386381138 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
saphojunkie 03:14 PM 05-08-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Play with it, pal... but don't talk to it.
Fixed for accuracy
[Reply]
RunKC 03:16 PM 05-08-2017
I think the LSU game is still so damn impressive. Look at the disparity in talent.

Jamal Adams-1st rd pick
Tre'Davious White-1st rd pick
Deion Jones-2nd rd pick
Duke Riley-3rd rd pick
Kendall Beckwidth-3rd rd pick
Davon Godchaux-5th rd pick
Jalen Mills-7th rd pick
Kevin Toliver-projected 1st rd talent 2018
Ardon Key-projected 1st rd talent 2018

Mahomes raped this defense for 370 yards and 4 TD's with 1 NFL caliber OL (Le'Raven Clark), 2 late round players (DeAndre washington/Jakeem Grant) and a future mid rd prospect (Jonathan Giles).
[Reply]
DRM08 03:24 PM 05-08-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I think the LSU game is still so damn impressive. Look at the disparity in talent.

Jamal Adams-1st rd pick
Deion Jones-2nd rd pick
Duke Riley-3rd rd pick
Jalen Mills-7th rd pick

Mahomes raped this defense for 370 yards and 4 TD's with 1 NFL caliber OL (Le'Raven Clark), 2 late round players (DeAndre washington/Jakeem Grant) and a future mid rd prospect (Jonathan Giles).
Arden Key pretty much single-handedly knocked Le'Raven Clark from a 1st round pick to 3rd round pick in that game. Clark got his ass kicked bad. Key was just too dang quick and fast for him. This was definitely the game that convinced me of Pat's potential. We have a lot of bad defenses in the Big 12, so you weren't really sure what to make of Pat's playmaking ability early in his career.

The LSU game is really where you say, OK it's not just crappy defense. The kid can really pull magic tricks out of the hat even when his team is completely overmatched. He has some very special talent. One would hope in the NFL he will never have his offensive line getting blown up like that on every single down.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:25 PM 05-08-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Jamal Adams-1st rd pick
Deion Jones-2nd rd pick
Duke Riley-3rd rd pick
Jalen Mills-7th rd pick

[Reply]
eDave 03:53 PM 05-08-2017
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
I really really like this kid....

I mean yah its a 3 minute presser bfd but ...how can anyone not like this guy???

I think if he fizzles out I may become a nomad fan and follow him around to other teams in a creepy and stalker-esque fashion
I see no reason why this guy can't be one of the greats. He's got the skill, calculated risk, personality and "it" factor. And I see no indication that the Chiefs will fuck this up.

I'm still measured in my excitement but it's a good feeling to have a guy and the hype like this on the team.
[Reply]
Dave Lane 05:46 PM 05-08-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Facebook commenters are the armpit of the internet.

It's useless trying to fight a rising tide of raw sewage. Just let it wash over you, and ban a few turds once in awhile.
So you are posting this stuff in DC. I have to agree, that is a turd punchbowl.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 06:02 PM 05-08-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
:-)

But really, he is very likable. But, of course we are going to say that. :-)
I can confirm that the kid is likable
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:13 PM 05-08-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Interviews from Pat and Andy today below. Some good stuff. Sounds like his work ethic and attention to detail are shining early on. If he has the 'drive' that he seems to have, it should go a long way.

Mahomes: http://www.chiefs.com/media-center/v...5-96578ed1d9dc

Reid: http://www.chiefs.com/media-center/v...c-f28b9054b5f6

Kid's a pro on the mic., too.
Originally Posted by eDave:
I see no reason why this guy can't be one of the greats. He's got the skill, calculated risk, personality and "it" factor. And I see no indication that the Chiefs will fuck this up.

I'm still measured in my excitement but it's a good feeling to have a guy and the hype like this on the team.
So many good things happening here. Mahomes is that final piece of mystical puzzle, the ice shard that brings the hidden fortress up from the deep.
Things will be as they will be, and they will happen in perfect synchronicity.
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:16 PM 05-08-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
I can confirm that the kid is likable
You're gonna be cradling his balls by the end of the year.

I can see the flip now, Clay.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 06:40 PM 05-08-2017
Clay?
[Reply]
MahiMike 07:08 PM 05-08-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
Andy started Donovan McNabb during his rookie season.

This kid is smart. It would benefit him tremendously to get some playing time in so they can go over it during the offseason. Not right away but once he gets a feel of the offense and expectations he will be fine.

It's not going to ruin him to get playing time under his belt.
What was the Eagles's record the year before? Were they in the playoffs?

Let's all be patient please.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:09 PM 05-08-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
Clay?
Long before you infested this board I developed a reputation as a flip flopper during the Herm Edwards era.

I'm 99.9999 percent certain you won't flip flop on Alex Smith though. You will invent some fantasy reasons by December that he should be the starter in 2018.
[Reply]
Rasputin 07:21 PM 05-08-2017
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
What was the Eagles's record the year before? Were they in the playoffs?

Let's all be patient please.
Eh I'm not big on the sit and wait approach. I think each quarterback is unique and handles situations differently. So each case is different. It didn't ruin Troy Akman his first year he went 1-15 and was pounded hard and the league has made this a very friendly quarterbacking league since then. Rothlessburger played his rookie year and had great success and he was taken three spots higher in the draft at #7.

I don't see a football savvy guy sitting on the bench behind Alex Smith as anything going make him any better than if he plays the sooner the better imo not saying out the gates first game against the Pats but after 6 weeks and fully accumulated assuming he knows the playbook front and back and you can ease him into games when the offense is stalling.

Really what is he going to learn from Alex Smith four yard out passes?
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 07:29 PM 05-08-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Long before you infested this board I developed a reputation as a flip flopper during the Herm Edwards era.

I'm 99.9999 percent certain you won't flip flop on Alex Smith though. You will invent some fantasy reasons by December that he should be the starter in 2018.
your reputation stands as a flip flopper after this most recent draft...
[Reply]
RunKC 08:53 PM 05-08-2017
Lack of patience is killing me and the media isn't helping.

"Could we see a battle in camp?"
"Is this still Alex's team?"
"What if Mahomes learns the playbook by midseason the Chiefs struggle?"

The Chiefs have gotten a lottttt of attention lately. I would ideally like for Mahomes to sit all year if he struggles in preseason, but if he balls out in preseason, I've thinking one thing...

Sure would be a good situation to start a rookie QB in December with 3 of the last 4 games at home.
[Reply]
Page 138 of 2693
« First < 3888128134135136137138 1391401411421481882386381138 > Last »
Up