ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 27
« First < 172324252627
Nzoner's Game Room>**** Official 2023-24 NHL Thread ****
RockChalk 08:49 AM 09-27-2023
Time to reboot for the upcoming season.

Anyone interested in doing a fun (or even low cost $25) Fantasy NHL League?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:17 PM Today
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
So.... did he play in the last two meaningless games of the season before they weren't messing around with a franchise player? :-)

He hit his head so hard, he became useless in previous years' playoff series. :-)
I thought him playing those games less than a week before the playoffs was one of the stupider things I’ve ever seen in professional sports, but similar to Kelce last season wanting to maintain his streak (where Andy gave him the choice to play or not), that’s ultimately gotta be on the player to sit himself down, not the coach.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:21 PM Today
Of course the idiot coach also played the other stars too when they weren’t even chasing anything which led directly to their 2nd best player missing the first 3 games of the series.
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:33 PM Today
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I thought him playing those games less than a week before the playoffs was one of the stupider things I’ve ever seen in professional sports, but similar to Kelce last season wanting to maintain his streak (where Andy gave him the choice to play or not), that’s ultimately gotta be on the player to sit himself down, not the coach.
I know he was chasing 70 goals... and I lean towards it being up to the players, especially someone who's supposed to be a leader on the team.

Granted, Mahomes rolls his ankle and it's Reid telling him the shitty news on the sidelines to get it x-rayed first... sometimes you do have to be the bad guy.

Not that we know if Matthews ever showed symptoms or felt them and didn't admit to them... or if he ever had a concussion.
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:52 PM Today
Started to wonder if I've been too hard on Matthews, so I pulled all time stats for anyone with 0.4+ goals per game in the playoffs, included some random other players after that, and threw in Marner for lols as I figured he may have been worse.

And it's not black and white... Bossy has the highest goals/game in the history of hockey and the 3rd highest in the playoffs, so being on the 2nd list is irrelevant.

Buuuuutttt.... Matthews is ssssooooo much worse than anyone else. Ever. Stamkos, 3rd worse (surprising), is closer to 27th worse than he is to Matthews.

The players who in theory raise their games the most in the playoffs....

And the guys who don't....

[Reply]
Tundra Scout 06:55 PM Today
Bruins managed one shot in the first 20. But still 0-0
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:17 PM Today
How the fuck do the Bruins only have 1 SOG? :-)
[Reply]
Page 27 of 27
« First < 172324252627
Up