ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 109 of 140
« First < 95999105106107108109 110111112113119 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark to KC!
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:30 AM 04-23-2019

Sources: The #Seahawks and #Chiefs are deep in talks on a trade to send star Frank Clark to KC. The compensation would include a 1st rounder, a 2020 2nd rounder and a swap of mid-rounders. To complete it, the franchise tagged player and Chiefs must hammer out a deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
Halfcan 08:46 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Yeah maybe but I’d sure like to think that they know Hill is in the clear with law enforcement at this point. I mean can you imagine the backlash they’d face if Hill winds up getting released in the next few weeks over this deal and they have to answer questions about why they would trade for Clark in the midst of that whole process?

I think they probably know at this point that he’s at least free of charges, but an NFL suspension could be another story...
Suspended for not being a good dad? Half the NFL would be out of a job.

The people whining about Clark's past in college probably don't even watch football and now are somehow triggered. They should just shut the fuck up and mind their own affairs.
[Reply]
O.city 08:47 AM 04-24-2019
So it looks like corner wide receiver and tight end in the first 3 picks
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:47 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Suspended for not being a good dad? Half the NFL would be out of a job.

The people whining about Clark's past in college probably don't even watch football and now are somehow triggered. They should just shut the fuck up and mind their own affairs.
You never know man.

Elliott got suspended without ever being charged of anything..
[Reply]
MightyMouse 08:47 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
We still have a lot of "who will do this?" Who will play ILB. Who besides honey Badger will run a spags scheme that relies on really smart DB's. And it also begs the question of if we could have solved this edge rush earlier in the offseason and saved ourselves the picks... Even begs the question of if we could have just used ford as a one year stopgap until we found a long term solution.

Don't get me wrong. I'm excited as hell to have Clark. I just don't get people swearing off what a 29 and 60-ish pick could do just because they won't be frank Clark calibre. A few years from now when all our contracts expire at once and we have virtually no young pipeline to fill those gaps, we're going to be asking a lot more "who will do this" questions. I hope to God we have a super bowl before then.
Frank Clark replaces one of the picks. He is young and a potential top 5 edge during his entire career with the Chiefs unless he screws up off the field.
Pick at 29, sure maybe Greedy Williams falls, and people get excited because hey we love the draft and talking about it. At the of the day though, Greedy feel for a reason and it has to do with his play. He likely has plenty of struggles his first year. There are very few CB that come in and make a big impact the first year and those that do are usually top 10 picks. Its a tough position to translate from college to pro in 1 year.
Maybe you get the 3rd or 4th highest rank DE in the draft. Seems the Chiefs and several other teams don't believe that would be a guy that makes a big impact. Even a guy that gets 5-7 sacks but struggles some against the run wouldn't even start.
Don't forget it is hard to make a scheme change on defense in a year. The chiefs needed to address the Line first and most important to making the change. They needed a big time pass rusher, they needed depth and they needed it quickly. A great Dline will help your linebackers and secondary. If you don't win in the trenches it doesn't matter how good your secondary is.
In Clark you get a proven guy, who is one of only 7 players to have 9+ sacks over the past 3 seasons. he is good against the run. Brings a attitude to the field that the chiefs defense badly needed. I have no problem with Clark basically being a 29th pick. I have no problem with the money. People seem to forget we have been paying big bucks to Berry, Houston, LDT, Fisher. You can afford several high payed guys, the difference this time around is it looks like the money will be going to better players.
Watkins gone after this year and pretty sure it's only like 2m to cut Fisher after this year.
You still have 3 picks in the top 100 this year.
You basically gave up 1 pick, in the later portion of the second round next year. Maybe you would have hit a solid player, maybe a okay guy, maybe a guy that doesn't pan out. Never know, but it's not the end of the world. They still have plenty of picks and could always add more.
I have want to go to a 4-3 for a long time. I had concern over doing it now though given the roster and the time it takes to get the right guys. A risky move when you are in a win now mode. This trade as changed that concern. I feel a lot more confident in that than had we had to rely on a rookie.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:47 AM 04-24-2019
I'd trade Seattle Hill for Wagner right now straight up.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:48 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
So it looks like corner wide receiver and tight end in the first 3 picks
I’d say almost certainly
[Reply]
RunKC 08:48 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I’d go some combination of Bunting/Layne/Mullen/Love/Williams and Samuel/Campbell/Boykin/Hardman/Hall
Justin Layne
Deebo Samuel
Jace Sternberger or Connor McGovern

Get me those 3 and holy shit.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:48 AM 04-24-2019
According to Terez our starting LBs are Wilson/Ragland/Hitchens. LB should be the #1 priority.
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:49 AM 04-24-2019
LB, WR, CB
[Reply]
In58men 08:49 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
According to Terez our starting LBs are Wilson/Ragland/Hitchens. LB should be the #1 priority.
Blake Cashman in the 3rd.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:50 AM 04-24-2019
This is not the draft to need a LB.
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:50 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
From Nate Taylor's article.
And certain posters are complaining about the trade on here. Veech got rid of a guy that cost us a SB appearance and added a potential Defensive MVP.

:-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:51 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
This is not the draft to need a LB.
I know.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:51 AM 04-24-2019
That’s base though. I think Attouchu, Hitchens and DOD will be our subpackage which we will be in at least 70% of the time.
[Reply]
O.city 08:52 AM 04-24-2019
I wouldn't force it at LB.
[Reply]
Page 109 of 140
« First < 95999105106107108109 110111112113119 > Last »
Up