« First < 306706756796802803804805806 807808809810816856906 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:50 PM 12-09-2021
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Pulled from stocktwits:

#Citadel has been shorting companies like AMC/GME and others. Hedge funds like Citadel suffered massive losses in the hundreds of millions . The company is said to even have taken action against it asking the broker to suspend trading. During a testimony Citadel CEO Griffin admitted the short positions were now closed. A search of Bloomberg however revealed that Citadel not only have failed to cover the short positions from January, but those have actually grown exponentially.

Citadel can use Chinese commercial paper and bonds as collateral. Once Evergrande is declared bankrupt and has a D status, the hedge funds can no longer use the Chinese paper and bonds as collateral. As a result, they are unable to meet multi-billion dollar margin requirements and must sell shares to cover margins or close short positions. In doing so, hedge funds must buy AMC/GME at any price. Even if the market collapses, AMC and GME shares will soar. Apes ... you are going to be filthy rich.
I wonder if the people saying this have a financial incentive to keep the hype high. :-)
[Reply]
lewdog 03:06 PM 12-09-2021
Pulled from stocktwits:

#Citadel has been shorting companies like AMC/GME and others. Hedge funds like Citadel suffered massive losses in the hundreds of millions . The company is said to even have taken action against it asking the broker to suspend trading. During a testimony Citadel CEO Griffin admitted the short positions were now closed. A search of Bloomberg however revealed that Citadel not only have failed to cover the short positions from January, but those have actually grown exponentially.

Citadel can use Chinese commercial paper and bonds as collateral. Once Evergrande is declared bankrupt and has a D status, the hedge funds can no longer use the Chinese paper and bonds as collateral. As a result, they are unable to meet multi-billion dollar margin requirements and must sell shares to cover margins or close short positions. In doing so, hedge funds must buy AMC/GME at any price. Even if the market collapses, AMC and GME shares will soar. Apes ... you are going to be filthy rich.
Yawn.

Similar things being said since summer.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:46 PM 12-09-2021
Pulled from stocktwits:

Right, so maybe I'm misreading this, but if the short positions are closed, aren't the margin requirements now gone?

At least with my hedging account, margin requirements have to be covered before the close of day. CBOT seats have been lost because of failure to cover.

I have a hard time believing NYSE will allow multi-month failure to maintain margin requirements.
[Reply]
banyon 03:59 PM 12-09-2021
This market has topped. I'm going to be selling the rips for a while.
[Reply]
stumppy 04:21 PM 12-09-2021
OUCH!

Out of the 84 stocks I've been following, 77 ended the day in the red.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:11 PM 12-09-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Yawn.

Similar things being said since summer.
Patience will be rewarded.

I hope.
[Reply]
Iconic 07:21 PM 12-09-2021
cpi numbers gonna make tomorrow an even bigger blood bath
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:40 AM 12-10-2021
Originally Posted by Iconic:
cpi numbers gonna make tomorrow an even bigger blood bath
So are they still trying to pedal the transitory narrative or have we given up on that.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:58 AM 12-10-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Right, so maybe I'm misreading this, but if the short positions are closed, aren't the margin requirements now gone?

At least with my hedging account, margin requirements have to be covered before the close of day. CBOT seats have been lost because of failure to cover.

I have a hard time believing NYSE will allow multi-month failure to maintain margin requirements.
Ken Griffin lied to Congress and is in for a world of hurt it appears. They haven't covered their short positions.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/citad...ll-havent-a-p-
[Reply]
Chazno 07:54 AM 12-10-2021
No one talking about AMC CEO selling more of his stock?
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:48 AM 12-10-2021
Ken Griffin lied to Congress and is in for a world of hurt it appears. They haven't covered their short positions.

Seems to me that would still be a brokerage problem not an investor problem. I'm far from the authority on here, but ain't nobody trusting individual investors to follow the rules, that's why they come down hard on the brokerage houses.

At least that's the way it works in commodities.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:00 AM 12-10-2021
Originally Posted by Chazno:
No one talking about AMC CEO selling more of his stock?
He needed Christmas money or tax planning, Nothing to see there.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:03 AM 12-10-2021

I read that and there was several wonky assertions in there, but if they've found a way to actually do that shit... Man.

I can't wait for the Michael Lewis book about it.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:11 AM 12-10-2021

You realize this is basically a Facebook post, right?
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:18 AM 12-10-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
You realize this is basically a Facebook post, right?
You realize Debby Downer already has a job, right?
[Reply]
Page 806 of 934
« First < 306706756796802803804805806 807808809810816856906 > Last »
Up