ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3269 of 3903
« First < 2269276931693219325932653266326732683269 32703271327232733279331933693769 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
stevieray 11:22 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
He had a viral infection that caused disease in his lungs, olfactory nerves and likely other areas.
I don't think pete has/had a disease. If he did, wouldn't it require future treatment? And what would it be?

I think he had a viral infection.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:30 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
If true, I'm curious to know if we have 200 million even willing to take the vaccine.
I’ll wear a mask after getting the vaccine in public until everyone has a chance to get the vaccine. After that, those who make bad decisions....well it doesn’t end well. But, that’s their decision to make.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:56 AM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Anyone hear that we only have 200 million doses of the vaccine? 100 million for Phizer and 100 million for Moderna.
Both are saying they can’t give us more until June 2021. Already sold the rest to the rest of the world till then. Seems like we are 150 million doses short.

Offered us another 200 million doses with no money down, no payment unless it’s approved. The USA turned them down.

Who’s up to speed on this? True or BS? Seems like it would be a huge story if true.
Hopefully other vaccines will be approved for market. The more approved vaccines the faster we can get it out.
[Reply]
Monticore 06:39 AM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
I don't think pete has/had a disease. If he did, wouldn't it require future treatment? And what would it be?

I think he had a viral infection.
He did which caused him to have symptoms which are part of covid 19 which is a disease .

HIV virus , AIDS disease

Hsv-2 virus , genital herpes disease

Disease part is a spectrum of conditions abused by a virus , with coronavirus the disease has a wide spectrum of symptoms/ conditions .
[Reply]
stevieray 08:15 AM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
He did which caused him to have symptoms which are part of covid 19 which is a disease .

HIV virus , AIDS disease

Hsv-2 virus , genital herpes disease

Disease part is a spectrum of conditions abused by a virus , with coronavirus the disease has a wide spectrum of symptoms/ conditions .
Try harder.

Pete doesn't have a disease, nor does Lew.

They both prolly wore masks, too.
[Reply]
Monticore 08:22 AM 12-09-2020
Try harder.

Pete doesn't have a disease, nor does Lew.

They both prolly wore masks, too.
The common cold is a disease , maybe don't get your medical info from a book about fairytales and mythological figures.
[Reply]
stevieray 08:23 AM 12-09-2020
The common cold is a disease , maybe don't get your medical info from a book about fairytales and mythological figures.
:-)

you're compromised.

tell me then why Pete and Lew need a vaccine, if their immune systems beat the "DISEASE".
[Reply]
Monticore 08:28 AM 12-09-2020

you're compromised.

tell me then why Pete and Lew need a vaccine, if their immune systems beat the "DISEASE".
because it could come back .

if you treat a disease with antibiotics doesn't mean you will never get it again, not sure where you are getting your definition of disease .
[Reply]
petegz28 08:35 AM 12-09-2020

you're compromised.

if you treat a disease with antibiotics doesn't mean you will never get it again, not sure where you are getting your definition of disease .
I don't need the vaccine at this time and there are studies that show I may never need it. The odds are if I do get it again I would be able to fight it off perhaps even easier than the first time.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:35 AM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Hopefully other vaccines will be approved for market. The more approved vaccines the faster we can get it out.
The problem with that is these additional 4 vaccines in development are going to be vaccines with around, maybe a 70% effective rate because they are not the mRNA based vaccines.

The mRNA vaccines are 25% more effective after the 2nd dose. Which one do you want to take, the 70% effective one or the 95% effective one?

The reporting I've read is that the USA was offered by Pfizer 3X to reserve more vaccines and was turned down. Up to 200 million doses. Even offered after in the late July when the initial trial data was showing 95% effective rate. No money down. Nothing unless it gets approved by the FDA and no payment until delivery.

Maybe its just me but to me anyway, there is a huge difference between a 70% and 95% effective vaccine.
[Reply]
stevieray 08:35 AM 12-09-2020

ahhh and chances are that their immune system will ONCE AGAIN beat it?

you are flailing here.
[Reply]
Monticore 08:46 AM 12-09-2020

you are flailing here.
it could , but some immunity fades over time and people age so next time might be a different reaction/symptoms , could be worse could be better or none at all.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:48 AM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
The problem with that is these additional 4 vaccines in development are going to be vaccines with around, maybe a 70% effective rate because they are not the mRNA based vaccines.

The mRNA vaccines are 25% more effective after the 2nd dose. Which one do you want to take, the 70% effective one or the 95% effective one?
I don't want to take the mRNA vaccine. I would rather take a more traditional vaccine, at least until the mRNA vaccines have been widely deployed outside of clinical trials.
[Reply]
Monticore 08:49 AM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I don't need the vaccine at this time and there are studies that show I may never need it. The odds are if I do get it again I would be able to fight it off perhaps even easier than the first time.
I understand that , not sure what the timeframe will be but down the road or as your age at some point they will recommend you getting the vaccine.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:49 AM 12-09-2020

you are flailing here.
Chances are you won't die the next time you get in a car, but it's a good idea to wear a seat belt anyway.
[Reply]
Page 3269 of 3903
« First < 2269276931693219325932653266326732683269 32703271327232733279331933693769 > Last »
Up