ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which System Do You Use?
Playstation 24 47.06%
XBox 9 17.65%
Nintendo 0 0%
PC 18 35.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
Page 195 of 256
« First < 95145185191192193194195 196197198199205245 > Last »
Media Center>All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II
Gonzo 10:39 AM 08-31-2015
Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.
[Reply]
Stryker 07:14 PM 03-06-2023
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:
If you really want a shit your pants experience, try playing it in VR! :-)
Here are some shit your pantser's...

Amnesia

Outlast

The Evil Within

:-):-)
[Reply]
BigBeauford 07:34 PM 03-06-2023
Just putting another plug in for Returnal. It's a true AAA roguelike, and IMO is probably one of the greatest I've ever played. If you are unsure, wait for it to drop to $40, but I'm up to 20 hours and still have only made it to the third biome.
[Reply]
Bump 07:52 PM 03-06-2023
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Just putting another plug in for Returnal. It's a true AAA roguelike, and IMO is probably one of the greatest I've ever played. If you are unsure, wait for it to drop to $40, but I'm up to 20 hours and still have only made it to the third biome.
I might have to check it out, I almost have Hades platinum on playstation. That's my first roguelike and it seems I kind of like the genre or maybe I just like this one because it's so well done and I kind of dig greek mythology.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:51 PM 03-06-2023
Originally Posted by Bump:
I might have to check it out, I almost have Hades platinum on playstation. That's my first roguelike and it seems I kind of like the genre or maybe I just like this one because it's so well done and I kind of dig greek mythology.
Most Roguelikes are made on a shoestring to modest budget, so it's quite nice to see one get a AA+ treatment with cutting edge graphics and production values. The story itself is fairly interesting; feels like Alien meets Edge of Tommorow. The first 3 biomes I've explored look great; they are highly Alien looking and very creepy , almost foreboding. Lets just say there are moments where this game really traverses into sci-fi horror. As I've said earlier, the protagonist is pretty good, I think she's earned her seat as a main draw for Playstation "mascots". She's certainly more compelling that Aloy was from Horizon.

The real star of the show is the sublime combat. It's a mash-up of bullet hell damage avoidance in a 3 dimensional space meets twitch third-person shooter. There's a nice risk/reward reload mechanic that's reminiscent of Gears of War to go along with very punchy and unique weapons (we're talking from carbines, to shotguns, up to homing rockets, crystal shooting guns that connect to make laser webs, and of course the Rotgland Lobber). Weapons have random mutations each run to give great variability. I'm a die hard roguelike junkie so take it with a grain of salt, but it's definitely my game of the generation in the PS5/XSX era so far...but on PC.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 02:22 PM 03-07-2023
Originally Posted by Stryker:

Amnesia

Outlast

The Evil Within

Played each. My favorite of that group is Evil Within......though I have to say, nothing gets the heart racing more than trying to hide in 'Outlast'.

I'm not a big fan of no ammo/hide all the time games, but Outlast did it right.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:44 PM 03-08-2023
Last Epoch Multiplayer patch 0.9 launches tomorrow at 11am CST

[Reply]
lcarus 08:08 PM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by Stryker:

Amnesia

Outlast

The Evil Within

The Evil Within 2 is pretty decent too
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:55 AM 03-09-2023
Picked up a copy of Hogwarts for the wife since she's big into Harry Potter. Watched her play it for several hours. Gorgeous game. Looks like fun. Was really surprised her toaster could run it.

FX 6350/GTX 1070/20GB Ram
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:00 PM 03-09-2023

I'll be calling the police and then my lawyer, in that order.

— Anssec (@AnssecOfficial) March 9, 2023

Server issues 95% can't get in....lolz
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 02:19 PM 03-09-2023
It'll be interesting to see if Starfield can possibly live up to the hype.

https://www.ign.com/articles/starfie...s-in-september
[Reply]
tredadda 02:22 PM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:

F Microsoft for buying Bethesda and making this an XBox exclusive.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 02:25 PM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
It'll be on PC too, although that leaves out PS owners.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:48 PM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:

Wasn't it supposed to be out by June? Now September? Not sure how official that release date is.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 03:01 PM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
Wasn't it supposed to be out by June? Now September? Not sure how official that release date is.
It's official...until it's not.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:08 PM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
It's only going to get worse. Both sides are going to start really doubling down on exclusives.
[Reply]
Page 195 of 256
« First < 95145185191192193194195 196197198199205245 > Last »
Up