ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 28
« First < 121819202122 23242526 > Last »
Media Center>The Boys (Amazon)
BigRichard 07:09 PM 04-17-2019
This looks great and I love Karl Urban in everything he shows up in .

[Red Band Trailer] F*ck superheroes. Why? Because when people score limitless power, they become a**holes. Drunk with power and fame. That’s where The Boys come in. from u/TheBoysTV

[Reply]
Spott 09:34 AM 07-08-2022
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
I know there were things that happened in the finale, but I also feel they are back at square one. If they plan to have 2 more seasons, I don't know how they will fill so much.
It was definitely not the ending I expected. I’m not going to go and complain that the writers are being woke, but I could do without all of the politics that they are increasingly adding into the show. It seems like they are going out of their way to add all of these political references when it does nothing but detract from the show.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 10:09 AM 07-08-2022
Originally Posted by Spott:
It was definitely not the ending I expected. I’m not going to go and complain that the writers are being woke, but I could do without all of the politics that they are they are increasingly adding into the show. It seems like they are going out of their way to add all of these political references when it does nothing but detract from the show.
The writers are definitely woke. Everything from the episode descriptor (stop starlight from drinking children's adrenaline!), to the final scene which was
Spoiler!
. The show is at its best delving into the cynicism of superheroes in a capitalistic world, but this season was extra extra with its on the nose 2020s political references that won't make a lick of sense a few years from now. It's a damn shame because there are some great characters here, a great setting, and they are diminishing the legacy with each cheap shot.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:34 AM 07-08-2022
The writers are definitely woke. Everything from the episode descriptor (stop starlight from drinking children's adrenaline!), to the final scene which was
Spoiler!
. The show is at its best delving into the cynicism of superheroes in a capitalistic world, but this season was extra extra with its on the nose 2020s political references that won't make a lick of sense a few years from now. It's a damn shame because there are some great characters here, a great setting, and they are diminishing the legacy with each cheap shot.
It's literally the point of the comics.
[Reply]
Spott 11:57 AM 07-08-2022
Spoiler!
It definitely doesn’t add any value. It’s more of just an annoying irrelevant side story in an otherwise great show.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 12:08 PM 07-08-2022
I had never heard of this until today, when one of my coworkers brought it up... how have I missed this for so long?!?!
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:34 PM 07-08-2022
I know there were things that happened in the finale, but I also feel they are back at square one. If they plan to have 2 more seasons, I don't know how they will fill so much.
It will be an enemy of my enemy is my friend, Vought has an upgraded Homelander on Ice for there World Order.

The Boys, HL and his kid will join forces.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:03 PM 07-08-2022
Love the show, but that ending with Homelander was ridiculously on the nose.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:38 AM 07-09-2022
I was very "whelmed" with the finale. Didn't hate it, but it didn't blow me away. Not sure what I was expecting, but it just didn't feel like it lived up to what I was expecting, if that makes sense?

I'll say Anthony Starr did a pretty great job playing Homelander this season. And goodness Maeve and Kimiko are just hot af.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:41 AM 07-09-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I was very "whelmed" with the finale. Didn't hate it, but it didn't blow me away. Not sure what I was expecting, but it just didn't feel like it lived up to what I was expecting, if that makes sense?

I'll say Anthony Starr did a pretty great job playing Homelander this season. And goodness Maeve and Kimiko are just hot af.
Antony Starr is amazing. I need to go back and watch Banshee. He's apparently awesome in that.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bowser 08:43 AM 07-09-2022
Yeah, giving Banshee another go is a good idea. I made it through a season+ before it fell off the radar for no good reason.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:54 AM 07-09-2022
Kind of hard for the finale to live up to the 2 episodes before it. Those were 2 of the best episodes in the entire series.

I thought it was a good finale though.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 12:53 PM 07-09-2022
Banshee 1-3 were terrific. Just pretend season 4 doesn't exist. It was bad.
[Reply]
Rausch 01:44 PM 07-09-2022
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Here's another, from previous season. . .

So I get he's satirizing Dubya's bravado, but if you accept the implications of the satire as written, given that Homelander explicitly and directly downed the airliner himself . . . then you've signed onto more crazy than any of the 9/11 was an inside job folks. . . . But you do you folks.
I think we can all look back and see the evidence to go into Iraq was fabricated to fit the agenda. Not a left or right take - I voted for Dubya twice. You can say they were dead wrong or methodical liars - that's for you to judge.

The question isn't do these things sometimes happen because they do. We all know they do. Propaganda happens. The question is how much or how far does government really fabricate or play a hand to manipulate? Do they embellish the truth or go full Alex Jones and serve interdimensional lizard NAMBLA's for the galactic council? I can see why people believe almost any position in the full spectrum of that argument. Well, most positions.
[Reply]
-King- 09:47 PM 07-09-2022
Yeah kind of a weird episode to end on. Felt like they were too neat with how the soldier boy shit "ended" and nothing was really advanced. Just seemed like an episode to reinforce what will be at stake season 4.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:06 PM 07-10-2022
Spinoff time

https://collider.com/the-boys-spinof...ipke-comments/
[Reply]
Page 22 of 28
« First < 121819202122 23242526 > Last »
Up