ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 274 of 288
« First < 174224264270271272273274 275276277278284 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
BigRichard 05:33 AM 06-25-2023
I haven't seen Buckaroo Bonzai in years... I can't imagine it has aged well.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:56 AM 06-25-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Extraction 2 does precisely what it set out to do.

Is it Citizen Kane? No.

Did I enjoy it tremendously? Yes.

Will I rewatch it? Regularly.
Agreed.

The 21 minute continuous shot was amazing, and it took them 29 days to film it....

https://www.ign.com/articles/extract...-one-shot-oner
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 11:31 AM 06-25-2023
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
I haven't seen Buckaroo Bonzai in years... I can't imagine it has aged well.

Most "Odd ball"/"Madcap"/"Zany"/"Cult-following-type" movies don't, especially when they involve special effects.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:59 AM 06-26-2023
I watched Reality on HBO. It’s about a whistleblower on the Russia interference deal. But they do a pretty good job about not making it too political. I watched it because Sweeney is in it. And I was curious how she’d do.

It was a damned ambitious project. The dialogue is 100% from the tape recording. Nothing else. No real opportunity to do any of the filmmakining tools to build tension and keep engagement. They have to lean hard on Sweeney to be engaging.

It worked, and it was no small feat. This could have went sooo badly. I’m not saying this is my favorite movie or it’s massively rewatchable or anything but it was good and I’m glad I watched It.

I’ve heard nothing about it (maybe that’s not indicative of anything), but Sweeney should get some buzz out of it. She was really fucking good and I’m happy she got a shot to show it.

Side note that doesn’t impact anything with the movie.

1. Sweeney is no powerlifter. She just couldn’t (or didn’t care to) even carry herself like one.

2. They did a pretty nice job of making her plain through wardrobe/makeup. But sometimes she just can’t hide it. She is amazing.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:27 PM 07-02-2023
Shotgun Wedding

Surprisingly funny with great action and a nice twist.

GF made us watch it and now she wants to get married on a beach.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:46 PM 07-02-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Shotgun Wedding

Yeah, I watched it recently. There is some good discussion on it. All I know is JLo is fucking amazing.
[Reply]
srvy 01:26 AM 07-04-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Extraction 2 does precisely what it set out to do.

Is it Citizen Kane? No.

Did I enjoy it tremendously? Yes.

Will I rewatch it? Regularly.
Watched this evening and enjoyed it. Kind of like a John Wick movie. Once you're in an action sequence you are in it for the long haul then lets up and boom you're right back in it again.
[Reply]
scho63 01:58 AM 07-04-2023
Shotgun Wedding

Hallmark Channel next? :-)
[Reply]
smith11 04:06 AM 07-04-2023
Shotgun Wedding

do you think she will invite you to the wedding?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:01 PM 07-04-2023
Originally Posted by scho63:
Hallmark Channel next? :-)
we've watched at least two hallmark movies :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:00 AM 07-06-2023
Finished the Ash vs Evil Dead TV show and decided to rewatch Evil Dead and Evil Dead II. Hadn't seen them in years.

It's so very interesting looking back and again realizing Evil Dead is basically the beta for Evil Dead II....which is still one of the oddest remakes/sequel combinations I've ever seen.

So after all that I watched the new Evil Dead movies.

Evil Dead 2013 - 6/10. Straight horror with a very unremarkable cast, but some good kills, beautiful to look at. They just did a shitty version of Evil Dead, though. They got some bonus points for absolutely ramping the tree rape scene up to 99 though :-)

Evil Dead 2023 - 8/10. This was way more original, and a fun twist on the Evil Dead setup. Main possessed chick was awesome and super creepy. Love what they have done with the redesigns for the Book of the Dead. I'd actually love to see an ED movie that dumps most of the over the top gore and jump scares and really explores the Book of the Dead at a deeper level, like the TV show did.

If they're going to continue this going forward they really need to stop absolutely jam-packing the cast with chicks and beta males though. That shit gets old fast. Find another Ash Williams FFS. Your movie will be much more interesting with a true protagonist instead of talking scenery that dies horribly.

Now I'm going to palate cleanse with Naked Gun 1, 2 and 3, none of which I have seen.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:36 AM 07-06-2023
Ash vs Evil Dead was the best thing to come out of that franchise.

I watched the newest movie the other night and enjoyed it. I thought they'd lean a bit more into suspense/horror and they didn't really, but it was still a gore-tastic good time.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 09:03 AM 07-10-2023
Saw Elemental yesterday.

7/10.

Lead characters were good. Typical modern tokenism was thrown in. But Pixar needs Lassiter back. They lost their winning touch.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 09:42 AM 07-10-2023

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:22 AM 07-10-2023
One of the most depressing films I've ever watched.

One of the most disappointing films I've ever watched. :-)

However, the tits were EXCELLENT! And love seeing Lysette Anthony again (Krull fanboi)
[Reply]
Page 274 of 288
« First < 174224264270271272273274 275276277278284 > Last »
Up