ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 30
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Around the NFL Training Camp News and Notes****
CasselGotPeedOn 12:11 PM 08-03-2021

Breaking: Panthers practice has come to a halt after WR Keith Kirkwood is carted off after taking a hit to the head from DB JT Ibe. Ibe has been kicked out of practice. Scary moment.

— Steve Reed (@SteveReedAP) August 3, 2021

#Giants practice got wild today. pic.twitter.com/PNBIpZOhbR

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) August 3, 2021

For the first day of padded practices, #Texans QB Deshaun Watson is not present on the field.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) August 3, 2021

[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:34 PM 08-04-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Burrow looks terrible. Has the yips bad.
Where are you hearing this?
[Reply]
Mecca 01:12 PM 08-04-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Where are you hearing this?

You needed to draft left tackle, this is on the Bengals pic.twitter.com/DAyaIFQfTf

— Jeff-LJ-Lloyd (@Jeff_LJ_Lloyd) August 4, 2021

It's likely from this report.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:15 PM 08-04-2021
I wouldn’t put too much stock into Burrow struggling. It hasn’t even been a year since his surgery. It’s understandable that he’s struggling early on.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:25 PM 08-04-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:

Dang.

If true, this is 100% the mental part of rehab. I hope he can become comfortable sitting in the pocket again.
[Reply]
Skyy God 02:14 PM 08-04-2021
Julio out for the 2nd day with an undisclosed leg injury.

Julio-baters weep.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 03:32 PM 08-04-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:

Any team that takes an RB or WR in the high first round is stupid. Been saying this for years. Ryan Leaf said the same of the 3 teams that did this past draft. They didn't help themselves much doing that. We saw first hand in the SB what happens when you don't have an OL. Joe is going to get creamed again.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 03:41 PM 08-04-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
So the Panthers are interested in Deshaun Watson according to rumors.
Juicy :-)
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:45 PM 08-04-2021
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Any team that takes an RB or WR in the high first round is stupid. Been saying this for years. Ryan Leaf said the same of the 3 teams that did this past draft. They didn't help themselves much doing that. We saw first hand in the SB what happens when you don't have an OL. Joe is going to get creamed again.
I'm fine going WR that high if that player is Calvin Johnson. I just don't think Chase is Calvin Johnson, though. The same goes for Jaylen Waddle, except the Dolphins have at least built up a solid team, so their WR can at least hope to have a better impact for the team.

The Bengals obviously know they're not going to rebuild things in one season, so they're saying, "We gotta acquire talent at some point, so we may as well get it now." But at what expense? Letting your young QB get Jim Everett'd behind a shitty blindside protector for another full season?
[Reply]
displacedinMN 04:01 PM 08-04-2021

Jameis Winston is a National treasure pic.twitter.com/yTgdKjXVA9

— Sami Jarjour (@SamiOnTap) August 4, 2021

[Reply]
eDave 04:03 PM 08-04-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Teammates see big improvement from Tua Tagovailoa
Michael David Smith

Coach Brian Flores said Tagovailoa is off to a good start, and several Dolphins players told Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald that Tagovailoa is playing at a different level than he did last year as a rookie.

“He’s always had accuracy. That was never a problem. He always had the zip, always had the power,” safety Eric Rowe said. “I just believe it’s that year-two jump that everyone needs to make from their rookie year. And obviously the type of offense. Last year, I even noticed his playbook was condensed to slants and bubbles. They really wouldn’t let him show his arm. Now seeing training camp, a lot more deep routes, they’re allowing him the opportunity to throw it deep. That’s what we need. Tua is making that jump. I see each day he’s getting better from the first day.”

Tight end Durham Smythe sees it as well.

“It just seems like confidence. That’s a big thing for year-one to year-two players,” Smythe said. “He understands the offense, yada, yada, has got a great arm. Everyone says that. Everyone knows that. But confidence year one to year two, that’s big. If he continues to develop that, the sky’s the limit.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ua-tagovailoa/
Of course they do. Stop posting trash.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:09 PM 08-04-2021
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Julio out for the 2nd day with an undisclosed leg injury.

Julio-baters weep.
LOL

Yeah, that was never a good idea.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 04:29 PM 08-04-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I'm fine going WR that high if that player is Calvin Johnson. I just don't think Chase is Calvin Johnson, though. The same goes for Jaylen Waddle, except the Dolphins have at least built up a solid team, so their WR can at least hope to have a better impact for the team.

The Bengals obviously know they're not going to rebuild things in one season, so they're saying, "We gotta acquire talent at some point, so we may as well get it now." But at what expense? Letting your young QB get Jim Everett'd behind a shitty blindside protector for another full season?
The point being that WRs and RBs are not the difference between winning and losing. Play in the trenches and at QB are far more important. That make a real difference. Johnson did nothing for Det. They were ass with him and ass without him. Same can said for many great WRs. OBJ and Julio as well. The team records stay the same with or without them.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:34 PM 08-04-2021
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
The point being that WRs and RBs are not the difference between winning and losing. Play in the trenches and at QB are far more important. That make a real difference. Johnson did nothing for Det. They were ass with him and ass without him. Same can said for many great WRs. OBJ and Julio as well. The team records stay the same with or without them.
The problem with most WR's is that they can be removed from a game via a game plan. That's why you need multiple play makers so a defense can't key in a single guy, or at least have an outlet who can win 1v1 when your premiere playmaker is being erased from the game.

Then there's guys like Tyreek, who literally force the defense to play a certain way.

To say they are not the difference....eh i wouldn't say that. But WR's can't do it alone. They need everything else to work too....

WR is probably the most co-dependent position on the field. But if everything around that WR is working as intended, the WR will flourish.
[Reply]
srvy 05:17 PM 08-04-2021
Originally Posted by lcarus:
I saw the video of the Panthers play where the WR got hurt. It was from pretty far away but it looked like a pretty routine play to me.
Yes I watched it many times including the slow motion shot. It looked not so bad but didn't see what happened behind the light pole.

You do see at the end the guy driving the helmet into turf with his arm. I feel that was the concussion but not all that sure. I trust they got a good film of it leading to the release.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:20 AM 08-05-2021
Intredasting.

Source: Talks are heating up between #Eagles and #Texans on a Deshaun Watson trade. Still some hurdles to get over. But both sides attempting to come to an agreement.

— Chris Trapasso (@ChrisTrapasso) August 5, 2021

[Reply]
Page 5 of 30
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up