ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 34
« First < 152122232425 26272829 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2020(1) Tokyo Olympics Thread****
Pablo 06:45 PM 07-23-2021
Opening ceremony happening now. Consider this your repository for all things olympics.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:24 AM 08-04-2021
There are hot broads in competitive climbing
[Reply]
redfan 09:40 AM 08-04-2021
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kmb...vault/37208946

KC kid takes silver in pole vault.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 02:21 PM 08-04-2021
So I get on social media this morning and there’s a post from one of my old college roommates. I last time we hung out he was just outside of Chicago working for Moore Business forms and his wife was newly pregnant. Turns out he moved to Nixa and his daughter (that baby) won the silver in the steeplechase. Crazy.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:49 PM 08-04-2021
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
So I get on social media this morning and there’s a post from one of my old college roommates. I last time we hung out he was just outside of Chicago working for Moore Business forms and his wife was newly pregnant. Turns out he moved to Nixa and his daughter (that baby) won the silver in the steeplechase. Crazy.
Awesome.
[Reply]
Sorce 03:51 PM 08-04-2021
To save everyone the trouble.

[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:02 PM 08-04-2021
She beat Springsteen’s daughter?:-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:06 PM 08-04-2021
Originally Posted by Sorce:
To save everyone the trouble.
That’s really cool. A girl from Nixa chased a dream and won an Olympic medal.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 09:51 PM 08-04-2021
Watching a women's wrestling match with someone from Marshall, MO. She's down 6-0 currently.

EDIT: And she lost 6-1.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 11:14 PM 08-04-2021
Originally Posted by Dull Tools:
Probably because you guys aren't doing very well. If the US were doing well then the viewing figures would be better. Doesn't help with the timezone.

In the UK there was negativity before the games but now the viewing figures are doing well.
This has got to be killing them. Most mornings I open the internet and the first thing I see without even seeking it out is who won the big events. Makes me kind of indifferent about actually watching it in prime time 10 hours later.

Also, lack of stars people have heard of. Biles was the big one, and...
Not even a compelling foreign star like Usain Bolt.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:48 PM 08-04-2021
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
This has got to be killing them. Most mornings I open the internet and the first thing I see without even seeking it out is who won the big events. Makes me kind of indifferent about actually watching it in prime time 10 hours later.

Also, lack of stars people have heard of. Biles was the big one, and...
Not even a compelling foreign star like Usain Bolt.
Man speak for yourself. That 400 hurdles race was one of the most incredible things I’ve seen since Michael Johnson outran the camera at Atlanta.

Bolt was always electrifying, and what he did in the 100 was pure insanity. But that 400 hurdles was a fucking race. . My guy lost, but motherfucker that was incredible.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:05 AM 08-05-2021
400 hurdles was absurd. Have never seen anything like that before.
[Reply]
Dull Tools 03:54 AM 08-05-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Man speak for yourself. That 400 hurdles race was one of the most incredible things I’ve seen since Michael Johnson outran the camera at Atlanta.

Bolt was always electrifying, and what he did in the 100 was pure insanity. But that 400 hurdles was a ****ing race. . My guy lost, but mother****er that was incredible.
The men's and women's 400m hurdles were incredible.

The Swedish pole vaulter is incredible and so was the Venezuelan triple jumper and the Jamaican sprinter Thompson-Herare.

Hassan is increible for distance running. Trying to win the 1500m, 5000m and 10000m.

The US is missing a big star though. Dressel did great but he is no Phelps.

Feels like there has been a lot of world records on the track.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04:10 AM 08-05-2021
Originally Posted by Dull Tools:
The men's and women's 400m hurdles were incredible.

The Swedish pole vaulter is incredible and so was the Venezuelan triple jumper and the Jamaican sprinter Thompson-Herare.

Hassan is increible for distance running. Trying to win the 1500m, 5000m and 10000m.

The US is missing a big star though. Dressel did great but he is no Phelps.

Feels like there has been a lot of world records on the track.
I mean Dressel only tied Phelps with most swimming medals in one olympics
[Reply]
Dull Tools 05:07 AM 08-05-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
I mean Dressel only tied Phelps with most swimming medals in one olympics
Dressel won 5 golds.

Phelps won 8 golds in 2008, 6 golds and 2 Bronze in 2004, 4 golds and 2 silvers in 2012 and he won 5 golds and a silver in Rio.

He hasn't matched Phelp's worst Olympics let alone his best. Dressel is great though.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 08:21 AM 08-05-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

Bolt was always electrifying, and what he did in the 100 was pure insanity. But that 400 hurdles was a ****ing race. . My guy lost, but mother****er that was incredible.
My comment was regarding a reason why ratings are down.
If people see the results in the morning, don't you think they are less likely to watch that evening?
Doesn't mean there aren't good races...just that people are less likely to tune into them.
[Reply]
Page 25 of 34
« First < 152122232425 26272829 > Last »
Up