ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Mock (6/21)
Direckshun 09:18 AM 06-21-2021
Assumptions:

1. The Chiefs do well this coming season. HC Andy Reid and GM Brett Veach are retained. The salary cap jumps $35m.

2. Before the 2021 season starts: OG Laurent Duvarney-Tardif is traded with a 2022 6th round pick to the Houston Texans for OT/G Tytus Howard and a 2022 4th round pick; S Tyrann Mathieu is extended for 3 years, $52m ($30m guaranteed).

3. OC Eric Bienemy is hired by your mom's second favorite team to become a HC.

4. The Chiefs franchise: OT Orlando Brown.

5. The Chiefs extended: WR Tyreek Hill for 4 years, $80m ($52 guaranteed).

6. The Chiefs tender: WR Jody Fortson, LB Emmanuel Smith

7. The Chiefs re-sign: DT Jarran Reed 2 years, $20m ($8m guaranteed), DT Derrick Nnadi 2 years, $9m ($1m guaranteed)

8. The Chiefs re-sign to minimal deals: QB Chad Henne, RB Darrel Williams, WR Marcus Kemp, LB Ben Niemann, LB Darius Harris, WR Byron Pringle, OT Mike Remmers, OG Andrew Wylie, C Austin Blythe, LS James Winchester

9. The Chiefs let walk: RB Jerick McKinnon, FB Michael Burton, OG Kyle Long, WR Demarcus Robinson, TE Blake Bell, TE Nick Keizer, DE Taco Charlton, OLB Dorian O'Daniel, CB Charvarius Ward, S Dan Sorensen, S Armani Watts.

10. The Chiefs sign WR Anthony Miller (Bears), TE MyCole Pruitt (49ers), CB Kyle Fuller (Broncos), S Darian Thompson (Cowboys).

11. The Chiefs are picking late in the draft.

The draft:

1. DE Aiden Hutchinson, Michigan (Chiefs trade a 4th and a 2023 2nd to move up)
2. DE Myjai Sanders, Cincinnati
3. CB Roger McCreary, Auburn
3 (Bienemy). S Bralen Trahan, Louisville
4. RB Zamir White, Georgia
6. CB Tiawan Mullen, Indiana
7. LB Nick Jackson, Virginia

the roster:

QB: Mahomes, Henne
RB: Edwards-Helaire, Williams, White, Thompson
FB: some guy

WR: Hill, Hardman, Pringle, Powell, Fortson, Miller
TE: Kelce, Gray, Pruitt

LT: Brown, Remmers
LG: Thuney, Wylie
C: Humphrey, Blythe
RG: Smith, Howard
RT: Niang, Remmers

DE: Clark, Sanders, Kaindoh
DT: Jones, Wharton
DT: Nnadi, Reed, Saunders
DE: Hutchinson, Danna

OLB: Gay, Jackson
ILB: Hitchens, Niemann
OLB: Bolton, Harris, Smith

CB: Sneed, Fuller, Fenton, McCreary, Keyes, Mullen
S: Mathieu, Thornhill, Trahan, Thompson

K: Butker
P: Townsend
LS: Winchester
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:26 PM 06-24-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
You're assuming either Hitchens or Clark will be cuttable.

It's still very early in camp, so none of us should make judgments yet, but Niemann is getting Sam reps over Bolton right now.

And it's not remotely clear how we could let Clark walk and not have our passrush fall off, yet.
ya think maybe that might be because Niemann knows the damned system in OTA's and the rookie doesn't yet?

Jesus.

Clark's not been much of a pass rush threat since February of 2020. He's gone next year, without a doubt.
[Reply]
Toad 09:40 AM 06-30-2021
Imma say “no” to Remmers @ LT…even as a backup.

And yes, without a huge year, Clark is bye-bye in 2022.
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:42 AM 07-01-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
ya think maybe that might be because Niemann knows the damned system in OTA's and the rookie doesn't yet?
"It's still very early in camp, and none of us should make judgments yet"

Chris Meck: hold my beer
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:52 AM 07-08-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
"It's still very early in camp, and none of us should make judgments yet"

Chris Meck: hold my beer
smh.

nah, I'll make judgements on your judgements.
[Reply]
kccrow 02:12 AM 07-09-2021
DE - Cut Clark, snag a guy off the FA heap like Sam Hubbard, and draft a guy at least on day 2 would be my expectation.

CB - If Ward is going to be expensive, and I expect he will be relatively, then there are quite a few FA options out there next year. Veach will likely make a low-key vet move and probably add another day 3 guy.

S - Honestly could depend on the Mathieu situation and I'm not necessarily banking on Veach retaining him. If they don't, I could see a relatively high pick going here to go along with some scrap heap bargains to replace Sorensen and Watts. If they do, maybe they spend a mid-rounder on the position for now and still add a vet or two off the heap.

WR - I can't fathom anything but a hefty Hill extension. After that, we'll see what happens with the rookie but this could be a spot Veach starts to invest some picks in. I think we know what we have otherwise, which is a solid slot in Hardman and a bunch of JAGs. How high the picks are will depend a lot on the development of Powell and whether or not Callaway is reliable.

DT - Kind of the question mark with Nnadi and Reed. Nnadi is criminally underrated as a NT and I could see him entertaining more lucrative deals than you have outlined here on the open market. He's certainly better than Poona Ford and Star Lotulelei are and they both got 6 per deals. With the cap going up next year, I'd have to think that's his floor. We'll have to see how Reed fits but if it goes well then I could see an extension. It may be a good time for Veach to throw another dart at the board here just for depth.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up