Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Media Center>(He-Man) Masters of the Universe: Revelation
Tribal Warfare 11:21 AM 06-10-2021

[Reply]
Mennonite 09:33 AM 06-20-2021
"That's the way I like it."

lol

He Man was a cheesy kid's show and I think the voice they used fit the tone of the show. He was voiced by the guy who played the Mayor on Mama's Family by the way. He was on Star Trek a time or two as well.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:45 AM 06-20-2021
Right, I get it. I mean, they're using a husky voiced female for they're hype song. It is what it is.
[Reply]
Mennonite 09:54 AM 06-20-2021
The biggest problem with most kids shows from that era is that they basically had to be suitable for 3 year olds. I remember watching an interview with one of the writers of Super Friends talking about how hamstrung they were by the BSP. No violence. Even hints of danger were sometimes too much for the censors.

Shit, it wasn't just kids shows either. Compare tv shows from the 50s to the 70s. You went from Gunsmoke to the Waltons and from Mike Hammer to Macmillan and Wife.

P.S. I seem to remember the bad guy from Dungeons and Dragons having a scary voice. Galtar featured Brock Peters as the voice of the main villain. Kind of shoots a hole in my theory, but on the other hand neither of those shows were as successful as He Man either.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 09:58 AM 06-20-2021
This looks like it will be great.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 01:24 PM 07-21-2021
Part 1 (5 eps) comes out Friday.

94% on RT

Critics Consensus
Armed with an incredible voice cast,*Revelation*smartly updates*Masters of the Universe*while retaining the quirky charms of the original to create a show that's bound to please fans and newcomers alike.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:39 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Part 1 (5 eps) comes out Friday.

94% on RT

Critics Consensus
Armed with an incredible voice cast,*Revelation*smartly updates*Masters of the Universe*while retaining the quirky charms of the original to create a show that's bound to please fans and newcomers alike.

Apparently Kevin Smith is pulling a bait and switch making Teela as the primary protagonist not Prince Adam/He-Man
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:09 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Apparently Kevin Smith is pulling a bait and switch making Teela as the primary protagonist not Prince Adam/He-Man
I keep hearing that...not concerned with it. We definitely need more heman eventually. I'm excited to watch though. Now at a 96%
[Reply]
morphius 12:18 PM 07-22-2021
There are lots of rumors that that netflix execs are trying to make it as "woke" as they can.
[Reply]
Rausch 04:16 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by morphius:
There are lots of rumors that that netflix execs are trying to make it as "woke" as they can.
They did.

Never thought I'd see the day the French put up more of a fight than us...
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:49 AM 07-23-2021
54% Audience Approval Rating thus far
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:35 AM 07-23-2021
The audience reviews I've read seem to agree the animation and voice acting is good to great, the story is meh to okay, and the negative seems to be a bait and switch from the promotion.

I'll likely still watch but adjust my expectations knowing what we now know.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 12:18 PM 07-23-2021
Originally Posted by morphius:
Apparently the She-Ra remake has her as a lesbian in an abusive relationship, according to the wife.
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:22 PM 07-23-2021
Hearing Jem and the Holograms is now Jim and the Holograms
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:15 PM 07-23-2021
How the fuck is this 'woke'? It's just telling a story. Jesus Christ everybody has turned into whining bitches.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 01:49 PM 07-23-2021
He-Man needs more muscle. Does the guy even work out his palmaris longus? Jeesh, what a wimp.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Up