Terrace Marshall 7 19.44%
Alex Leatherwood 2 5.56%
Dillon Radunz 1 2.78%
Kadarius Toney 1 2.78%
Pat Freiermuth 1 2.78%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Who are you taking in this scenario?
staylor26 08:33 PM 03-30-2021
7 tackles go before 31. Sewell, Slater, Darrisaw, Vera-Tucker, Jenkins, Eichenberg, and Cosmi are all off the board and the Chiefs either chose not to trade up or couldn’t.

Paye, Oweh, and Phillips are also off the board. As is Rashod Bateman.

Trade down isn’t an option.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:40 AM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I’ll be looking for him bc his pro day is today. I have questions like his size and speed. He’s listed at 215 lbs? For a LB?

Regardless of that, the question you need to ask yourself is what moves our team in games? What decides games and is our strength? The answer to that is all things Patrick Mahomes, the pass rush and strong secondary.

I’m a big Willie Gay fan as well. I know they can exist together, but I think they feel very comfortable with him patrolling the middle of the field on passing downs. He definitely flashed that ability as a rookie
JOK would be part of that "strong secondary" especially on passing downs. He's a guy that could realistically line up on TE's one on one. That would be huge for this defense as it currently struggles with TE's.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:41 AM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I like Willie Gay and I’m a huge fan BUT

He has yet to show that he can be counted on all game. So assuming the LB position is settled with him is not smart. And JOK is more of a Jamaal Adams type player.
That's probably a better comparison.

JOK can play at all 3 levels of the defense. He's the kind of guy that could finish a season with 4 sacks AND 4 INT's.
[Reply]
Dante84 11:41 AM 03-31-2021
Like, come on.

[Reply]
RunKC 12:03 PM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
JOK would be part of that "strong secondary" especially on passing downs. He's a guy that could realistically line up on TE's one on one. That would be huge for this defense as it currently struggles with TE's.
If they pick him I won’t complain, but the team runs on the offense putting up points.

The SB exposed how weak we are at tackle (injuries), #2 WR and pass rush.

I think those have to be focal points considering all 3 are considered very good value in this draft from the top through the top 100
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:21 PM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
If they pick him I won’t complain, but the team runs on the offense putting up points.

The SB exposed how weak we are at tackle (injuries), #2 WR and pass rush.

I think those have to be focal points considering all 3 are considered very good value in this draft from the top through the top 100
I get where you are but at the same time, we're not going to get many chances to draft top 15 talent while Mahomes is here. This is the perfect time to strike.
[Reply]
kcbubb 05:01 PM 03-31-2021
And 3 sacks... he’s a great blitzer too.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:32 PM 03-31-2021
He'd be a difference maker.

I doubt he'd be there.

But I certainly wouldn't complain.
[Reply]
BossChief 08:01 PM 03-31-2021
I’d rather have Zaven Collins, but JOK would be a good pick.
[Reply]
Stryker 08:25 PM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Like, come on.

Exactly! "The punishing" is what this D needs!
[Reply]
Stryker 08:27 PM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
He'd be a difference maker.

I doubt he'd be there.

But I certainly wouldn't complain.
and if so, can you see this guy "pile driving" Brady? In a sense of course!
[Reply]
Stryker 08:34 PM 03-31-2021
The overwhelming consensus is... Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah

WITHOUT ? he would be more impactful than any "left over" OT left on the board.

So, either you draft up for a "star" OT or you pick BPA @ 31 or slightly move up for a killing machine. Crazy situation @ 31. Really "loving" this guy - HARD HITTER!
[Reply]
Wilson8 01:42 AM 04-01-2021
Before this week I wanted the best OT, Edge, or WR that was available at 31.

After signing DT Jarran Reed I think he improves the defensive line enough that KC can wait until the second or even third day to draft an Edge player.

So from the list that removes Rousseau.

I'm not really taken by that list of OTs and hope we can do better.

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah is a really good player and athletic, but he also measured in at 6-1 and 221 pounds.

Under this scenario, I am going with Terrace Marshall because I think he could really be dynamic in KC's offense.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:29 AM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
Before this week I wanted the best OT, Edge, or WR that was available at 31.

After signing DT Jarran Reed I think he improves the defensive line enough that KC can wait until the second or even third day to draft an Edge player.

So from the list that removes Rousseau.

I'm not really taken by that list of OTs and hope we can do better.

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah is a really good player and athletic, but he also measured in at 6-1 and 221 pounds.

Under this scenario, I am going with Terrace Marshall because I think he could really be dynamic in KC's offense.
Don't get hung up on JOK being a linebacker. Yeah, he's 221 pounds. He also plays like a LB in a safety's body. He can cover TE's, he can play slot. He can literally do everything in the back 7 except cover WR's on the outside.

He's a special talent.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:31 AM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Why?

I don't understand the obsession with Collins. He's a good player but he's not special.
[Reply]
Wilson8 12:17 PM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I watched highlights of Zaven Collins (Tulsa) play and loved him. He is great for highlights and you fall in love with him.

Since then I've watched several Tulsa complete games and I gained a different point of view. He disappears for large portions of time. He is easily consumed by offensive linemen. Sometimes it just seems like he is just running around out there on the field. After the highlights, I was expecting so much more and was disappointed with his whole game.

I think Zaven Collins is a talented and special player. You can see that on the highlight recording, but I think he can be so much more.

Perhaps the right NFL team and coaching would help him be a more consistent player.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up