ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Mitchell Schwartz is going to try and get healthy, but what does that mean?
staylor26 02:17 PM 02-09-2021

[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 07:10 AM 02-10-2021
He’s done! Put a fork in him!
[Reply]
Comanche 07:23 AM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by Bill Brasky:
LDT is starting next year guaranteed. He’s on contract through 2022 for ****’s sake. I wouldn’t even want to replace him considering the capital we’re going to be forced to invest as it is.

I’m thinking Veach doesn’t have the balls to cut Mitch and Fisher, and tries to find a backup and call it a day.
LDT seems very happy working in the medical profession. It seem unconceivable given the money difference but I wonder if LDT is contemplating leaving football entirely?
[Reply]
Comanche 07:26 AM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Agree on LDT. Can't really do anything with him, he's under contract. They'll play him.

I don't think they cut Fisher but I could totally see Schwartz retiring.

I'll go one step further though - I bet Wylie is in the mix next year too. They're going to tender him and nobody will want him. He'll be back.
Patrick Mahomes is not allowed to play Baseball or Basketball, sports he loves. I wonder if the Chiefs would required LDT to give up his medical career while under contract? Seems only fair. :-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:36 AM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by Comanche:
LDT seems very happy working in the medical profession. It seem unconceivable given the money difference but I wonder if LDT is contemplating leaving football entirely?
At this point I'd be good with that.
[Reply]
Skyy God 07:57 AM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by Stryker:
Ok, do not fault me but wasn't he out most of the season with a back issue? What was it caused by? Why was he out so long? His back wasn't broken so what is the injury? Again, forgive me.
My educated guess is a herniated disc and he’s trying to avoid a discectomy.

Plus shoulder problems. Labrum, rotator, that sort of thing.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:04 AM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
We can’t cut either tackle. Both are injured. That idea is out.

It’s a tough spot for us next year because we have 25m of next years cap dedicated to just those 2.

The best thing to do at this point is to negotiate an extension with Fisher that the team has a way out after 2 years, but lowers his 2021 cap hit to allow us to make some moves.
This is correct.

The best the Chiefs can do is "suggest" they retire. They can't be cut while injured.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:05 AM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by Comanche:
It's possible but right now, he's been talking like he's coming back.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:17 AM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
It has all the signs
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:18 AM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:

Plus shoulder problems. Labrum, rotator, that sort of thing.
Either way, he's probably screwed.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 08:26 AM 02-10-2021
This is correct.

The best the Chiefs can do is "suggest" they retire. They can't be cut while injured.
They could reach an injury settlement, correct? Doesn’t necessarily mean retirement.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:29 AM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
They could reach an injury settlement, correct? Doesn’t necessarily mean retirement.
I don't think they can reach an injury settlement with one team and sign with another until the end of their existing contract, so in essence it's retirement, at least temporarily. Not sure though.
[Reply]
Skyy God 08:29 AM 02-10-2021
This is correct.

Fish is injured and having surgery.

Mitch sounds like he’s hurt in the Eric Berry, not having surgery, way. So probably releaseable.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:48 AM 02-10-2021
Eric Berry was active and played in the last game of the season in 2018 (AFCCG). He wasn't technically injured, which is how they were allowed to cut him.

Schwartz ended the season on IR.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:35 AM 02-10-2021
It's possible but right now, he's been talking like he's coming back.
That's too bad. I really think "Canadia" needs him.
[Reply]
warpaint* 04:31 PM 02-10-2021
Move off Swartz and the Dr. Fisher I assume will miss the season.

Hopefully Niang can play
Draft somebody.
Sign somebody.

Win Súper Bowl next year.

Nothing personal but I’m not buying what MS is selling about his health.

It may sound cavalier but this team as constructed doesn’t need the best line in the league just competence.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up