ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Mitchell Schwartz is going to try and get healthy, but what does that mean?
staylor26 02:17 PM 02-09-2021

[Reply]
ReynardMuldrake 05:20 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by FAX:
Schwartz should join a Happy Fun Ball League.

FAX
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:32 PM 02-09-2021
32 year old OL with back problems don’t get better.
[Reply]
kcclone 05:37 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
He chose his words very carefully, I'm having a hard time seeing anything to get overly excited about
Agreed, this was a nothing burger post.

Also, I didn’t see anyone questioning his toughness. I think we all know he’s always been extremely durable and the epitome of tough.

Anyone with half a brain knows back injuries can be career ending for linemen or any position for that matter.
[Reply]
JakeF 05:46 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Whatever Veach's plan was, i dont think it included having to replace your two starting tackles....here's to seeing how he's able to handle this unforeseen turn of events.
He wasn't even ready to replace one.

We went year after year taking for granted that Fisher and Schwartz would continue to avoid injury and be good enough to handle the edge alone. Veach didn't sign a quality swing tackle and Reid refused to give them any help block the edge.

At the beginning of the year, i said that if we kept it up we would get bitten in the ass with some injuries. We did, at both tackles. Reid/Veach failed to address our biggest problem for the team. Offensive line is the weakest group of players for the entire team.

Veach/Reid didn't do any work on our DE's either. Veach/Reid took care of existing player's new contracts but didn't take care of adding players to fill important needs.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:47 PM 02-09-2021
Yeah, he's definitely not taking the twatter tards into account... its like this place on steroids
Twitter is a wasteland populated by roaming packs of absolute fucktards that live to try and knock a guy like Mitchell Schwartz down to their sublevel.

I want him to be healthy for him. If that includes playing ball for the Chiefs back at his former ass kicking self, so much the better.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:48 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
He wasn't even ready to replace one.

We went year after year taking for granted that Fisher and Schwartz would continue to avoid injury and be good enough to handle the edge alone. Veach didn't sign a quality swing tackle and Reid refused to give them any help block the edge.

At the beginning of the year, i said that if we kept it up we would get bitten in the ass with some injuries. We did, at both tackles. Reid/Veach failed to address our biggest problem for the team. Offensive line is the weakest group of players for the entire team.

Veach/Reid didn't do any work on our DE's either. Veach/Reid took care of existing player's new contracts but didn't take care of adding players to fill important needs.
Veach literally drafted a T to eventually replace one last year. It’s not their fault that he opted out. When he did, they signed Remmers who was very crucial to our success while he was at RT.

And they also signed Taco and drafted Danna, so no it’s not true that they “didn’t do any work on DE’s either”. Taco was playing very well until he got hurt, and Danna was easily one of the best day 3 picks in the entire draft.

If you don’t want to be called an idiot, try not to say something stupid every time you post.
[Reply]
In58men 05:50 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Twitter is a wasteland populated by roaming packs of absolute ****tards that live to try and knock a guy like Mitchell Schwartz down to their sublevel.

I want him to be healthy for him. If that includes playing ball for the Chiefs back at his former ass kicking self, so much the better.
To be fair, Mitchell doesn’t need to have social media. Instead he does and he’s letting trolls get to him. His choice to keep it.

Mahomes takes a lot of shit about his fiancé and brother, gotta shake it off. Mitchell is a big baby if you ask me.
[Reply]
suzzer99 05:50 PM 02-09-2021
This is all Cam Erving's fault.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:02 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Twitter is a wasteland populated by roaming packs of absolute fucktards that live to try and knock a guy like Mitchell Schwartz down to their sublevel.

:-) it brings out the very worst in people
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 06:21 PM 02-09-2021
:-) it brings out the very worst in people
Agreed !!!

"Twitter is the public bathroom wall for the world."
[Reply]
Bowser 06:24 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
To be fair, Mitchell doesn’t need to have social media. Instead he does and he’s letting trolls get to him. His choice to keep it.

Mahomes takes a lot of shit about his fiancé and brother, gotta shake it off. Mitchell is a big baby if you ask me.
I could agree with you if it were Sammy Watkins trying to defend himself for missing the time he did. But Schwartz? Nah, people can just shut the fuck up and stop being dicks just for the sake of being dicks (hilarious saying that about twitter, haha).
[Reply]
Cosmos 06:26 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Whatever Veach's plan was, i dont think it included having to replace your two starting tackles....here's to seeing how he's able to handle this unforeseen turn of events.
This may end up being more a Veach decision, than a Schwartz decision.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 06:53 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Mitch doesn’t seem like the type of guy who is going to hang us out to dry again if he isn’t confident he will be able to suit up next year.

I’m assuming retirement until he says for sure otherwise.
False hope that Schwartz would return this season contributed to Andrew Wylie starting at RT in the Super Bowl.

If Schwartz’s injury was determined to be season ending back in October (which it ultimately was), then Remmers is moved to starting RT and perhaps most importantly the Chiefs are able to make an in-season move to add depth and ensure that Wylie is not RT2.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 07:16 PM 02-09-2021
Folks (looking at you, Twitter) just don’t understand how unpredictable and inconsistent back injuries can be. I don’t put any blame on Mitch at all — any Mizzou fan should remember what Michael Porter’s injury was like there, too.

Unfortunately back injuries are every bit as unpredictable to treat. Tony Romo is a great example there. He had surgery, was thought to be good to go - and then retired soon after. Dontari Poe is another example of a player who was never fully the same. Even the “success stories” such as Gronk and Kershaw typically go in short bursts during the year before saving up for the postseason. If his injury is anything related to a herniated disc, stenosis or arthritis in the spine, it’s critical Niang be ready to go next year no matter what.
[Reply]
Bill Brasky 07:23 PM 02-09-2021
If I was Mitchell Schwartz, I’d be doing everything in my power to get paid another $10M. I’d love for him to return to Super Bowl health, but everyone here knows he won’t be healthy for the playoffs. $6M in cap savings would cover the entire draft.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up