ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Mitchell Schwartz is going to try and get healthy, but what does that mean?
staylor26 02:17 PM 02-09-2021

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:33 PM 02-09-2021
Yeah, that reads more like he's focusing on his health going forward rather than football
[Reply]
OKchiefs 02:33 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by Steron:
Unfortunately, it might be time to cut bait on him and Fisher.
Fisher is a bit trickier. I don't think we can hang on to him at his current salary for 2021, it's not feasible under the cap. If you can somehow get him to agree to a significantly smaller salary for 2021 while extending him for another 3 years or so I think you have to consider that. But if he won't play ball then an outright release is probably the best option.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:34 PM 02-09-2021
I changed the thread title to make it more appropriate.
[Reply]
Steron 02:38 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Fisher is a bit trickier. I don't think we can hang on to him at his current salary for 2021, it's not feasible under the cap. If you can somehow get him to agree to a significantly smaller salary for 2021 while extending him for another 3 years or so I think you have to consider that. But if he won't play ball then an outright release is probably the best option.
If he goes to IR for 2021, does his salary count against the cap? Asking because I'm too lazy to look it up.

**EDIT**
Never mind, I looked it up. I suspected I knew the answer but was hoping otherwise.
[Reply]
TEX 02:38 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by oldman:
I agree, once you have severe back problems, you have back problems for life. Sure enough you can have surgeries to correct part of the problem, but you'll never be able to do what you used to at the same level. Been there, done that. We've been down this road too many times with aging players.
Kyle Turley comes to mind...
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:40 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
He chose his words very carefully, I'm having a hard time seeing anything to get overly excited about
yup
[Reply]
gblowfish 02:41 PM 02-09-2021
If he was a little younger, I might think this would be OK. But he was out for almost the entire year. He played hurt the first couple games of the season. He's had months to improve. I'm afraid he'd just be money spent on a shaky proposition. Move on, find someone more reliable. I know that's a terrible thing to say about Mitch since he had such a long consecutive game streak, but you can't make the club in the tub.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:42 PM 02-09-2021
If his back was Dee Ford level of ****ed, he would have had surgery months ago to repair his spine, specifically a disc.

The fact that it’s not that gives me a lot of hope for him. It could have been a nerve problem, but again I don’t think it was severe enough due to no surgery

He could be back and goddamnit do we need him
[Reply]
In58men 02:42 PM 02-09-2021
I think it’s pretty clear, really.

Basically responding to all the hate messages he has been receiving. He posted his consecutive starts as some sort of credibility to his injury and toughness. I don’t think it’s anymore than him responding to the trolls and doubters.
[Reply]
FAX 02:45 PM 02-09-2021
Schwartz should join a Happy Fun Ball League.

FAX
[Reply]
New World Order 02:46 PM 02-09-2021
A post that leaves us with more questions
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:51 PM 02-09-2021
Whatever Veach's plan was, i dont think it included having to replace your two starting tackles....here's to seeing how he's able to handle this unforeseen turn of events.
[Reply]
Pants 02:51 PM 02-09-2021
I've been saying this for months now. Mitch is cooked, boys.

We need to move on.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:51 PM 02-09-2021
No one is questioning his toughness, but what is the realistic plan for him to rectify his back issue so that the Chiefs can count on him to return?

If he wasn't even able to practice since October then obviously just rest and physical therapy/recovery were not enough.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:52 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Whatever Veach's plan was, i dont think it included having to replace your two starting tackles....here's to seeing how he's able to handle this unforeseen turn of events.
To be fair, it seems as though he was already preparing for that somewhat with the drafting of Niang.

Now we just need to add another.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up