ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 7
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Mitchell Schwartz is going to try and get healthy, but what does that mean?
staylor26 02:17 PM 02-09-2021

[Reply]
The Franchise 02:18 PM 02-09-2021
That’s tough to determine.

Getting healthy and getting his body right might just be a generic statement. I’d be more concerned that he didn’t publicly state that he’s working to get back out on the field.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 02:19 PM 02-09-2021
Now post the hint.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 02:20 PM 02-09-2021
Yes it sounds like this offseason is gonna be crucial for him. IF he can prove that he's totally healthy then that would be a great boost for the team and Niang can learn from Mitch and be on stand-by when needed.
[Reply]
Meatloaf 02:23 PM 02-09-2021
Interdasting. Frankly, I felt confidant that he'd be retiring (back injuries/difficulties for fatties are not good). However, it'd be GREAT if he returns at anywhere near his former self as he can certainly shore up that thing we called an OL in the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:25 PM 02-09-2021
He chose his words very carefully, I'm having a hard time seeing anything to get overly excited about
[Reply]
OKchiefs 02:26 PM 02-09-2021
I think it's a mistake to count on him. As far as we know he never had surgery, just rest and recovery. 4 months somehow wasn't enough to get better, what's to say he'll be any better without having surgery? Going into the season counting on him, plus with his cap number and our cap situation, is a huge risk.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:27 PM 02-09-2021
Almost think that’s a bad thing for us because it feels like he will just come back, get hurt again, and waste more valuable cap space for another season.

If it didn’t get better since October...
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:29 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Almost think that’s a bad thing for us because it feels like he will just come back, get hurt again, and waste more valuable cap space for another season.

Yep, it potentially creates a real catch 22 situation
[Reply]
Steron 02:29 PM 02-09-2021
Unfortunately, it might be time to cut bait on him and Fisher.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:30 PM 02-09-2021
That post is not encouraging to me at all about him returning to play football again.
[Reply]
wazu 02:31 PM 02-09-2021
No idea what he is or isn't hinting at. Seems more like he wanted to take a shot at twitter trolls, so he couched it in this weird, rambling statement.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:32 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
That’s tough to determine.

Getting healthy and getting his body right might just be a generic statement. I’d be more concerned that he didn’t publicly state that he’s working to get back out on the field.
Yea hence the ?.

It’s hard to know what his intentions are.
[Reply]
oldman 02:32 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:

I agree, once you have severe back problems, you have back problems for life. Sure enough you can have surgeries to correct part of the problem, but you'll never be able to do what you used to at the same level. Been there, done that. We've been down this road too many times with aging players.
[Reply]
Kman34 02:32 PM 02-09-2021
First of all I hope for his health’s sake he can be pain free for just his everyday life.. But... I hope this isn’t a situation where he gives it a go next year and finds out in the first game that he can’t do it or re-injures it.. Then we’re fucked again..
We can’t be held hostage by his condition...Plans need to be made to protect the franchise QB..
[Reply]
Page 1 of 7
1 2345 > Last »
Up