5 Erick Pena, OF
6 Nick Loftin, SS
7 Kyle Isbel, OF
8 Khali Lee, OF
9 Jonathan Bowlan, RHP
10 Carlos Hernedez, RHP
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:42 PM 07-11-2021
Lot of talk about Will Taylor in the 2nd. If so, the ceiling is Trout like (well, that's the hope), the floor is Starling. Has 5 star tools but no one is sure if they’ll translate to the diamond.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:45 PM 07-11-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Lot of talk about Will Taylor in the 2nd. If so, the ceiling is Trout, the floor is Starling. Has 5 star tools but no one is sure if they’ll translate to the diamond.
Extra slot money would come in handy since he already at Clemson playing football.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 09:52 PM 07-11-2021

Moore said Mozzicato’s personality — loving the game, loving his teammates, loving his community — was key in the evaluation process.

— Shawn McFarland (@McFarland_Shawn) July 12, 2021

[Reply]
louie aguiar 09:55 PM 07-11-2021
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
You don’t pick a player at 7 because of intangibles
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:03 PM 07-11-2021
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
Eerie how close that mirrors what they said after drafting Colon (they really liked his “leadership”).
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:37 PM 07-11-2021
Lot of talk about Will Taylor in the 2nd. If so, the ceiling is Trout, .
Words that should never be said
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:45 PM 07-11-2021

Yeah personality wins a lot of games.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:46 PM 07-11-2021
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:

I’m ready for Moore to hit the road.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:48 PM 07-11-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Words that should never be said
Seeing that Baseball America labels him an EXTREME risk, it would be the most Royals thing ever to pick him after a Colon esque underslot in the first.
[Reply]
srvy 10:53 PM 07-11-2021
The only clip I have seen on the local KC news is they liked his command and that he had the best spin rate of any pitcher they evaluated before the draft. He went on to say you can't teach spinning the ball you either can or can't. Don't know anything about that but seems lots of pitchers develop curves and changeups to survive in the bigs.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:54 PM 07-11-2021
I have no words of defense for this pick.

The only - ONLY - way I can see some sense of logic is if the Royals are convinced Will Taylor is the guy and is going to fall to them and this dude wasn’t going to be available at their next selection.

There are enough other teams that clearly went under slot that I can’t see confidence Taylor is going to even make it to their next selection.

I’m quite literally astounded the Royals passed on Rocker and House and Watson.

I’m quite literally astounded that Royals dove back into the HS pitching well - the worst waters to swim in high in the MLB draft - when so much other value was on the board.

Cool, he had a velocity uptick in HS ball this year and they think there is more in the tank. Sure. Bank on that. That always works out.

I thought they had learned some lessons here. Clearly I was wrong. I’m out.

I’ll probably be rooting for a shit-tastic dumpster fire from here on out. Just hope the elbows of Kyle Zimmer, Scott Barlow, Jake Brentz, and Josh Staumont survive it.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:59 PM 07-11-2021
Would Skunkhead pass on Marino for Marovinch because Marino cusses too much?
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:14 PM 07-11-2021
On a slightly better note...

I caught the futures game with my wife, 9 month old, and a couple of close friends today.

Nick Pratto had a really good AB (drew a walk against a pitcher who was throwing gas). He seemed to have a better approach in that AB than a lot of our lineup has had at any time in this half season.

Bobby Witt hit two scorching lineouts. Both of them were ones where the crowd gasped on contact -- just landed right into gloves. I think I read later the one was 113 mph on contact.

All in all a great time, and very, very much worth it for $28 for the three of us. Nine month old loved the crowd noise and being in the stadium (we weren't sure how he'd react since he hasn't had a lot of opportunities around people). It was a day to remember.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:22 PM 07-11-2021
On a slightly better note...

I caught the futures game with my wife, 9 month old, and a couple of close friends today.

Nick Pratto had a really good AB (drew a walk against a pitcher who was throwing gas). He had a better approach in that AB than a lot of our lineup has had at any time in this half season.

Bobby Witt hit two scorching lineouts. Both of them were ones where the crowd gasped on contact -- just landed right into gloves. I think I read later the one was 113 mph on contact.

All in all a great time, and very, very much worth it for $28 for the three of us. Nine month old loved the crowd noise and being in the stadium. It was one to remember.

I’m glad Bobby Witt Jr & Nick Pratto had great personalities.
[Reply]
tk13 11:36 PM 07-11-2021
I do think it's interesting they talk about the kid's spin rate on his curve. I'm not sure how much I've heard them talk about something that analytical. Still, it's hard to imagine passing on some of the talent they passed on, especially for someone who is years away. If Rocker or one of the shortstops light it up it's going to look horrible. They have to absolutely hit a grand slam in the 2nd round to even get this back to a passing grade. And that's being generous.
[Reply]
Page 244 of 440
« First < 144194234240241242243244 245246247248254294344 > Last »
Up