9 Jonathan Bowlan, RHP
10 Carlos Hernedez, RHP
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:23 PM 06-20-2021
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Right on schedule to replace Santana.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 06-20-2021, 01:34 PM
This message has been deleted by Chiefspants.
TomBarndtsTwin 01:38 PM 06-20-2021
We signed Santana for 2 years.

Unless you were implying his arrival time as 2023, which IMO seems about right. Give him this year in AA and next year in AAA to hopefully build on the success from this year.

Unless, of course, he plays so well in 2022 that he forces their hand early.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:40 PM 06-20-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:

Unless you were implying his arrival time as 2023, which IMO seems about right. Give him this year in AA and next year in AAA to hopefully build on the success from this year.

Correct. With split time next year between Omaha and Kansas City is likely.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 04:21 PM 06-20-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:

It’s possible Santana would move to DH, replacing Soler, and Pratto would take over at 1B.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 04:23 PM 06-20-2021
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
It’s possible Santana would move to DH, replacing Soler, and Pratto would take over at 1B.
That's what I was thinking. Plenty of room on this team for Santana and Pratto.
[Reply]
TLO 05:00 PM 06-20-2021
If Mondesi is hurt again, time to make the transition to CF. I don't care about growing pains, learning curve, etc. Stick him out there and let him figure it out.
[Reply]
dlphg9 05:17 PM 06-20-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
If Mondesi is hurt again, time to make the transition to CF. I don't care about growing pains, learning curve, etc. Stick him out there and let him figure it out.
Moving to CF isn't gonna do much good when he literally gets hurt he's hitting or running the bases. I have no clue if this is the case, but I think he's kind of a pussy. It's like the instant he feels something that isn't 100% normal, then he believe he's too hurt to play anymore.

Probably another god damn oblique "injury" to keep him out 45 games.

This just goes way past being injury prone. I think he's just soft as hell.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 05:27 PM 06-20-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Moving to CF isn't gonna do much good when he literally gets hurt he's hitting or running the bases. I have no clue if this is the case, but I think he's kind of a pussy. It's like the instant he feels something that isn't 100% normal, then he believe he's too hurt to play anymore.

Probably another god damn oblique "injury" to keep him out 45 games.

This just goes way past being injury prone. I think he's just soft as hell.
This dude could make a massive, massive fortune by continuing to play. He is costing himself dearly by being out, so I don't think just saying "well, he's a wimp" really works, especially after he played the entirety of the COVID year (which he could have opted out before or anytime). Zimmer was also accused of this throughout his time in the minors, but the reality is that this is just kind of baseball and sometimes this bug just hits players and doesn't let go -- especially obliques, that's not really something to play through when you have to violently rely on it through multiple AB's per game. It's especially frustrating when we see it impacting Mondesi with the talent that he has -- but I just don't see him sitting out after the awful season he had last year. He has tens of millions on the table right now, I just don't think he'd give that up if there was any chance he could play through this.
[Reply]
gblowfish 05:32 PM 06-20-2021
Did they say anything definitive about Mondi? Was he hurt again, or were they just getting him out of the heat to rest up for the Yankees? I agree with the Pratto to 1B and DH Santana. Santana could be a lot like Kendreys Morales was for us. He has plate discipline; he's a switch hitter, and he gets on base. They should trade Soler if anybody will take him and make this move at the All Star Break.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 05:35 PM 06-20-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Did they say anything definitive about Mondi? Was he hurt again, or were they just getting him out of the heat to rest up for the Yankees? I agree with the Pratto to 1B and DH Santana. Santana could be a lot like Kendreys Morales was for us. He has plate discipline; he's a switch hitter, and he gets on base. They should trade Soler if anybody will take him and make this move at the All Star Break.
Felt something in his side. :-)
[Reply]
TLO 06:27 PM 06-20-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Trade Soler for a bag of baseballs and a pack of Big League Chew and call it a day.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 12:13 PM 06-21-2021
Well, at least Mondi is "devastated":

Royals GM Dayton Moore met with reporters today at his C You in the Major Leagues camp. He said SS Adalberto Mondesi is likely headed to the IL with a left oblique. Moore said Mondesi is devastated.

— Alec Lewis (@alec_lewis) June 21, 2021

[Reply]
tk13 12:17 PM 06-21-2021
Talk about being snakebit. I can't remember someone having a season quite like this. Is there something with his warmup or stretching routine that isn't helping this? It's better this year than next year I guess but still it's really disappointing.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:30 PM 06-21-2021
WAR leaders

Salvy 1.9
Whit 1.7
Lil Nicky 1.1
Santana 1.1
Adapberto Watkins 0.8
Beni 0.7
Dyson 0.4
Taylor 0.4
Alberto 0.1