ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 29
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Smash Mouth at Sturgis
Deberg_1990 08:30 PM 08-10-2020
::-):

Smash Mouth Concert Packed at Sturgis, Singer Says 'F*** That Covid S**t' https://t.co/uywO6FQaU9

— TMZ (@TMZ) August 10, 2020

jdubya 06:24 PM 08-15-2020
The word "politics" is getting thrown around loosely. In this thread the conversation of covid began to take over Sturgis but that doesnt necessarily mean it is politics......or at least party politics which is what destroys threads. However social issues are the topic of the nation and everything gets sucked into it. NBA, MLB and the NFL have opened their arms to making social justice a priority. Every sports board in the country is experiencing a spike in social issue talk or as some say "politics". I believe it impossible to eliminate this wondering of ideas and disagreements from many threads but civility can be controlled. If names are getting called or personal insults then ship it off to DC otherwise keep it civil or move on.
eDave 06:27 PM 08-15-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

It's not like people are talking sports in the DC.
Truth. And they will let you know too.
BigRedChief 06:32 PM 08-15-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I think anything like that would require a decision to basically just allow the mods to enforce their opinions broadly and let the rules all be be fuzzy guidelines. That can work in some communities, but it's pretty contrary to how things have always been done around here.
there would be a revolt if mods were allowed to “mod” on their opinions.
The current societal and government situations are going to have some bleed over into football, fans, games etc that normally would never occur. I pushed the envelope when it first started as much as anyone. But, in my defense I’ve not posted like that for months now.
DaneMcCloud 06:32 PM 08-15-2020
I think anything like that would require a decision to basically just allow the mods to enforce their opinions broadly and let the rules all be be fuzzy guidelines. That can work in some communities, but it's pretty contrary to how things have always been done around here.
I disagree. There's no reason for people to bring up politics or their hatred of certain TV channels due their politics in threads about football.

Some knucklehead brought up his hatred of a TV network in the Damien Williams thread, which is completely and utterly unnecessary.

The blatant posts are blatant and IMO, aren't that difficult to spot and require no opinion by the moderator.

Bring up politics = banned from the thread. Seems pretty easy to me.
DaFace 06:53 PM 08-15-2020
I disagree. There's no reason for people to bring up politics or their hatred of certain TV channels due their politics in threads about football.

Some knucklehead brought up his hatred of a TV network in the Damien Williams thread, which is completely and utterly unnecessary.

The blatant posts are blatant and IMO, aren't that difficult to spot and require no opinion by the moderator.

Bring up politics = banned from the thread. Seems pretty easy to me.
I guess feel free to do a poll and see if a majority of people want us to ban people for mentioning certain TV channels.
suzzer99 06:55 PM 08-15-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Counter-factuals aren’t inherently poliitical. Susser is just trying to limit non-political arguments he doesn’t like.
No I'm trying to keep counter-factuals which 100% come from partisan stupidity (like coronahoax) out of the lounge. No one thinks coronavirus is a hoax because of anything but politics. It's a sneaky way of inserting politics w/o directly mentioning politics. Sometimes (but probably not this thread) it's a conscious attempt to get a thread moved to DC where they can swarm it and gum it to death. I'm not even sure if they're being serious or performative about coronahoax. Maybe they don't know either - which basically describes politics in 2020.

patty I used to think you and donger were the same. I didn't agree with either of you on a ton of stuff. But I considered you both to at least be willing to use logic to defend your positions. Somewhere along the line donger stayed with basic respect for facts - while you took the other fork in the road and went into full blown spin mode. Maybe you should put your amazing argumentative skills to work for good for once - like convincing the coronahoax people they're wrong instead of defending them.
suzzer99 06:55 PM 08-15-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Counter-factuals aren’t inherently poliitical. Susser is just trying to limit non-political arguments he doesn’t like.
No I'm trying to keep counter-factuals which 100% come from partisan stupidity (like coronahoax) out of the lounge. No one thinks coronavirus is a hoax because of anything but politics. It's a sneaky way of inserting politics w/o directly mentioning politics. Sometimes (but probably not this thread) it's a conscious attempt to get a thread moved to DC where they can swarm it and gum it to death. I'm not even sure if they're being serious or performative about coronahoax. Maybe they don't know either - which basically describes politics in 2020.

patty I used to think you and donger were the same. I didn't agree with either of you on a ton of stuff. But I considered you both to at least be willing to use logic to defend your positions. Somewhere along the line donger stayed with basic respect for facts - while you took the other fork in the road and went into full blown spin mode. Maybe you should put your amazing argumentative skills to work for good for once - like convincing the coronahoax people they're wrong instead of defending them.
DaneMcCloud 06:58 PM 08-15-2020
I guess feel free to do a poll and see if a majority of people want us to ban people for mentioning certain TV channels.
Okay, now you're being obtude, Dude.

The point is that some people either cannot or will not separate sports from their political beliefs and it's becoming more and more prevalent in the Lounge with each passing day.

If you want to sit back and make snarky remarks, go for it, but I thought that we were having a rational conversation.

Apparently, I was wrong.
suzzer99 07:03 PM 08-15-2020
To be fair, a thread about Sturgis in August 2020 is going to really be about covid, which of course has a ton of political weight attached. There is plenty of room for legitimate debate about whether Sturgis is really that dangerous or not.

But "lol you idiots the whole thing is a hoax, stop living in fear pussies" is not one of those legitimate positions. It's a bad-faith tactic to gunk up the thread and drown out sensible discussion imo. Or it's just performative trolling nonsense.
DaFace 07:04 PM 08-15-2020
Okay, now you're being obtude, Dude.

The point is that some people either cannot or will not separate sports from their political beliefs and it's becoming more and more prevalent in the Lounge with each passing day.

If you want to sit back and make snarky remarks, go for it, but I thought that we were having a rational conversation.

Apparently, I was wrong.
This place has pretty much always been ruled by the majority. I don't think what you're suggesting is something that the majority wants. You are welcome to prove me wrong.

I don't know how that's being obtuse.
mlyonsd 07:12 PM 08-15-2020
And all of a sudden this turned into the Star board from 20 years ago
suzzer99 07:12 PM 08-15-2020
Those were good times.
Bearcat 07:17 PM 08-15-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
No I'm trying to keep counter-factuals which 100% come from partisan stupidity (like coronahoax) out of the lounge. No one thinks coronavirus is a hoax because of anything but politics. It's a sneaky way of inserting politics w/o directly mentioning politics. I'm not even sure if they're being serious or performative. Maybe they don't know either - which basically describes politics in 2020.
Yeah, that's when you start relying on mod opinion to figure out if stupidity is politically motivated or not.

I'd personally ban 88 forever because he's too stupid to be on the internet, whether it's on purpose or not.... but, we've never banned people purely out of idiocy.

I've booted him from a thread or three because he opinion spams for attention, but I really don't know if the bullshit he's spewing is politically motivated or not. I'm well aware that some of the shit he spews has become political, but it just goes back to where you would draw the lines of whether people are trying to insert their political perspective.

And like BRC said, there's just so much shit these days that tie in politics with sports... and do we ban every person who uses the acronym SJW or slyly (or not so much) inserts their opinion of Covid or BLM or whatever, etc, etc... it would be exhausting and most likely not add an equally significant value to the Lounge.
Nickhead 07:53 PM 08-15-2020
to me, it only seems fair that people inject politics into sport or whatever, considering sports has brought politics into its bubble. not to mention the fact that there are no 'real sports' to talk about in this current climate. Some here whinge just as much if not more than some of the SJW crowd. :-)
stevieray 08:00 PM 08-15-2020
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
And all of a sudden this turned into the Star board from 20 years ago
ouch

How many people in this thread even ride?
lewdog 08:11 PM 08-15-2020
KCdumbass88 is one of the dumbest posters on the entire board. It takes work to be that retarded.
Page 9 of 29
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up