ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 29
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Smash Mouth at Sturgis
Deberg_1990 08:30 PM 08-10-2020
::-):

Smash Mouth Concert Packed at Sturgis, Singer Says 'F*** That Covid S**t' https://t.co/uywO6FQaU9

— TMZ (@TMZ) August 10, 2020

stumppy 04:20 PM 08-15-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
You're right. We should just ban them entirely. Good idea.
Mod of the year!
patteeu 04:25 PM 08-15-2020
Just trying to match your desired level of intellectual conversation. Any opinion is valued no matter how idiotic, right?
I don’t need you or Suzzer curating for me, if that’s what you’re asking. I still don’t know why you’d pick this topic to get stupid on. Do counter-factual arguments enrage you?
DaFace 05:02 PM 08-15-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
I don’t need you or Suzzer curating for me, if that’s what you’re asking. I still don’t know why you’d pick this topic to get stupid on. Do counter-factual arguments enrage you?
Enraged? No. But I do think that elevating the opinions of those who intentionally choose not to learn about the topics they're discussing is annoying at best and harmful at worst.

On a side note, I don't mean any offense, but I'm going to stop responding to you for a while. I'm not sure you've said a word to me in the past 5 years that wasn't bitching in some way about either me or the mods, so I'm not sure what the point really is. You want CP to be a free-for-all with no subforums and where the quality of discussion in DC reigns supreme. We get it. It's not happening. It's wasting both my energy and yours to get into it further anymore.
Bearcat 05:10 PM 08-15-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The DC was created especially for those people that wanted to talk politics or for people that just couldn't join in on a conversation without making it political.

For whatever reason, the Mods are allowing politics to slip into nearly every thread in the Lounge and I think it fucking sucks.

There's a dedicated forum in which to discuss politics, so there's absolutely no reason to bring that into the Lounge, which should be reserved for sports only.

It's not like people are talking sports in the DC.
My personal hot take is whatever line we draw, some people will always walk right up to it and put their toes on that line, and inch across to be just obnoxious enough to fly under the radar. And not just for politics.... people have literally asked us how shitty they can be to other people and wanting us to provide the line on racism or hate or whatever.

As far as politics, there are certainly people who are more in tune to it than I am... people who point out how political certain posts are because of some sub context that I'd otherwise be unaware of, whether it's some public figure who's on one side or the other, or DC leakage, etc.

We've never been zero tolerance on much around here, and as much as I'd love to put a stop to every political thing in the Lounge, a lot of it is more eye-roll inducing than anything... and it would really be more about booting people from the Lounge entirely than trying to put up with the same people who get booted from threads.

I don't have a good answer for it. Daface one day mentioned having no DC at all... and while in theory that gives people a place to spew all of their political drivel, maybe getting rid of it would drive those idiots away. :-)
stumppy 05:28 PM 08-15-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
My personal hot take is whatever line we draw, some people will always walk right up to it and put their toes on that line, and inch across to be just obnoxious enough to fly under the radar. And not just for politics.... people have literally asked us how shitty they can be to other people and wanting us to provide the line on racism or hate or whatever.

As far as politics, there are certainly people who are more in tune to it than I am... people who point out how political certain posts are because of some sub context that I'd otherwise be unaware of, whether it's some public figure who's on one side or the other, or DC leakage, etc.

We've never been zero tolerance on much around here, and as much as I'd love to put a stop to every political thing in the Lounge, a lot of it is more eye-roll inducing than anything... and it would really be more about booting people from the Lounge entirely than trying to put up with the same people who get booted from threads.

I don't have a good answer for it. Daface one day mentioned having no DC at all... and while in theory that gives people a place to spew all of their political drivel, maybe getting rid of it would drive those idiots away. :-)

:-)
mlyonsd 05:47 PM 08-15-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Says the idiot that posts there.
DaneMcCloud 05:49 PM 08-15-2020
I don't have a good answer for it.
Well, since some people are unable to "Self-Police" in the Lounge, the answer would involve a ridiculous amount of work on behalf of the moderators, which is unfair because CP moderators aren't paid for their time or services.

But outside of just booting people day in a day out, there really isn't an answer because apparently, some people view everything with a political eye, which often causes pure football threads to become political in nature, basically defeating the idea of having a Lounge for football/sports and a DC for politics.

Daface one day mentioned having no DC at all... and while in theory that gives people a place to spew all of their political drivel, maybe getting rid of it would drive those idiots away. :-)
I'd be all for abolishing the DC because the overwhelming majority of those people rarely even bother participating in the Lounge (or the other forums), so their contributions would not be missed.

The real problem with abolishing the DC is that not only would the Lounge need to be heavily moderated 24/7, it would likely take months of heavy moderation and most likely, dozens of bannings in order for those people to stop with the political talk and even then, it would be a challenge to moderate on a daily basis.
mlyonsd 05:53 PM 08-15-2020
Well, since some people are unable to "Self-Police" in the Lounge, the answer would involve a ridiculous amount of work on behalf of the moderators, which is unfair because CP moderators aren't paid for their time or services.

But outside of just booting people day in a day out, there really isn't an answer because apparently, some people view everything with a political eye, which often causes pure football threads to become political in nature, basically defeating the idea of having a Lounge for football/sports and a DC for politics.

I'd be all for abolishing the DC because the overwhelming majority of those people rarely even bother participating in the Lounge (or the other forums), so their contributions would not be missed.

The real problem with abolishing the DC is that not only would the Lounge need to be heavily moderated 24/7, it would likely take months of heavy moderation and most likely, dozens of bannings in order for those people to stop with the political talk and even then, it would be a challenge to moderate on a daily basis.
This guy gets it.
patteeu 05:55 PM 08-15-2020
Enraged? No. But I do think that elevating the opinions of those who intentionally choose not to learn about the topics they're discussing is annoying at best and harmful at worst.

On a side note, I don't mean any offense, but I'm going to stop responding to you for a while. I'm not sure you've said a word to me in the past 5 years that wasn't bitching in some way about either me or the mods, so I'm not sure what the point really is. You want CP to be a free-for-all with no subforums and where the quality of discussion in DC reigns supreme. We get it. It's not happening. It's wasting both my energy and yours to get into it further anymore.
Don’t let it avoid your notice that I wasn’t the snarky instigator here.

I don’t think we should have separated DC from the Lounge. The process that was used was rotten too. I’ve long ago accepted that it will never go back. I very occasionally bring it up and maybe give a brief explanation about why I think it was a bad decision, but I don’t make a big deal about it.

You can reply or not reply to my posts. I’ll know it if you do and I don’t care about the reasons if you don’t.
DaFace 06:02 PM 08-15-2020

I think anything like that would require a decision to basically just allow the mods to enforce their opinions broadly and let the rules all be be fuzzy guidelines. That can work in some communities, but it's pretty contrary to how things have always been done around here.
stumppy 06:06 PM 08-15-2020

I pretty much agree with your post, although I wonder if having DC doesn't actually cause more political posts in the Lounge.
DaFace 06:14 PM 08-15-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:

I pretty much agree with your post, although I wonder if having DC doesn't actually cause more political posts in the Lounge.
I kind of think it probably does. People get used to the shit slinging in DC and naturally carry that style over to the Lounge.

To be fair though, all of this started with 88 spewing nonsense, and he tends to do that regardless of the topic.
Pablo 06:22 PM 08-15-2020

There's only one solution:

stumppy 06:22 PM 08-15-2020
I kind of think it probably does. People get used to the shit slinging in DC and naturally carry that style over to the Lounge.

To be fair though, all of this started with 88 spewing nonsense, and he tends to do that regardless of the topic.
As has been pointed out already....88 in a user name tells you all you need to know.:-)
stumppy 06:24 PM 08-15-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:
There's only one solution:

Attached: OIP 2(1).jpg (16.2 KB) 
Page 8 of 29
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up