ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 29
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Smash Mouth at Sturgis
Deberg_1990 08:30 PM 08-10-2020
::-):

Smash Mouth Concert Packed at Sturgis, Singer Says 'F*** That Covid S**t' https://t.co/uywO6FQaU9

— TMZ (@TMZ) August 10, 2020

DaFace 12:21 PM 08-11-2020
Originally Posted by SuperChief:
I'm glad there wasn't a large outbreak. I'd say that those who attended are fortunate, though.
Eh, outdoor spread appears to be extremely limited. It's still a bit risky given the huge numbers of people going to Sturgis, but I wouldn't be surprised to see fairly minimal issues.
suzzer99 05:54 PM 08-11-2020
Yeah I was wondering that - what % of Sturgis activities are outside? Most of the pictures I've seen don't look great but they don't look nearly as bad as a packed indoor bar either.
Jenson71 08:41 PM 08-11-2020
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
Random bump. Good memories though.
What’d you think of Yankton?
GloryDayz 09:23 PM 08-11-2020
Originally Posted by backinblack:
:-)
2bikemike 09:25 AM 08-12-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Yeah I was wondering that - what % of Sturgis activities are outside? Most of the pictures I've seen don't look great but they don't look nearly as bad as a packed indoor bar either.
I would say the majority of the stuff is outside. There are venues with indoor bands and contests. But during the day most people are riding from place to place. Traveling to the Badlands, Wall Drug, Devils Tower, Mount Rushmore and Crazy Horse. There used to be a thing called "No Panty" Wednesday in Belle Forche That naturally attracted a lot of bikers. However titillating the name was it wasn't quite as titillating as the name indicated. But there was always something going on. Stunt riders jumping cars or whatever.

At night the bars would be packed even more so when a particularly intriguing event was scheduled. Walking the streets of Sturgis was shoulder to shoulder everynight.
2bikemike 09:30 AM 08-12-2020
Originally Posted by 2bikemike:
I would say the majority of the stuff is outside. There are venues with indoor bands and contests. But during the day most people are riding from place to place. Traveling to the Badlands, Wall Drug, Devils Tower, Mount Rushmore and Crazy Horse. There used to be a thing called "No Panty" Wednesday in Belle Forche That naturally attracted a lot of bikers. However titillating the name was it wasn't quite as titillating as the name indicated. But there was always something going on. Stunt riders jumping cars or whatever.

At night the bars would be packed even more so when a particularly intriguing event was scheduled. Walking the streets of Sturgis was shoulder to shoulder everynight.
Just noticed RockyMtn posted no panty was in Huelett I thing he's right. It's been awhile since I went, 2008 or 2009 was my last rally. I absolutely love the area and have been several times away from Rally Week.
Randallflagg 08-12-2020, 09:35 AM
This message has been deleted by Randallflagg. Reason: Wrong Post
backinblack 09:37 AM 08-12-2020
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
Last time I went was 2006....had a great time! However, I can't help but wonder why Black Lies Matter and Antifa hasn't shown up to protect the inequities of people in the United States? Could it be that they are afraid that they would get the ever-loving shit kicked out of them?

Hmmmm?? :-) :rofl:
nothing to loot in such a small town
gblowfish 10:11 AM 08-12-2020
So far they've had two deaths from road accidents, 28 other motorcycle related injuries, 64 DUIs and 156 drug arrests. When do we send in the National Guard?
GloryDayz 10:55 AM 08-12-2020
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
So far they've had two deaths from road accidents, 28 other motorcycle related injuries, 64 DUIs and 156 drug arrests. When do we send in the National Guard?
You mean the Feds?
Frazod 12:10 PM 08-12-2020
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
When they burn Sturgis to the ground?
alanm 01:16 PM 08-12-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:
You're surprised that bikers have terrible taste in something?
Bikers got nothing to do with it. It's the shitty promoters and their shitty tastes. And probably who's available and for what $$.
alanm 01:18 PM 08-12-2020
Originally Posted by SuperChief:
I'm glad there wasn't a large outbreak. I'd say that those who attended are fortunate, though.
Ain't done yet. Sturgis is over Sunday.
Fish 11:26 PM 08-12-2020
Man, I just found out that my uncle who had triple bypass heart surgery less than 3 months ago, went to Sturgis today. :-)
Dayze 07:14 AM 08-13-2020
the best time to ride that area is any time other than the Rally.

my brother went a few years back, and said if he had it to do over again, he wouldn't have gone during rally time. heavy congested traffic everywhere, and an overwhelming number of people riding motorcycles that barely have the ability other than in a straight line.

in that respect, I did Biker's for Babies here in KC one year; ...my god. thousands of people who could barely ride and probably do 200 miles a year on their 30k bike. Vowed, never, ever again. Almost got rear ended several times (NTTAWWT), people couldn't even maintain their lane within the lane, people insisting on riding right next to you like Ponch & John. awful experience.

although Bikes Blues and BBQ is officially cancelled this year in Fayetteville, we're still going next month, though pretty much avoiding the rally area. Some of our group are camping at Devi's Den south of Fayetteville, but I'm staying in a hotel in Fayetteville. Going to ride away from the rally area and check out Mena and the Taliemena scenic byway.
should be nice without the congestion and bad riders. been to one rally, you've been to them all. even if BBB was still 'on' this year, I'd probably pass with the group I ride with if they insisted on going the rally weekend itself. go before or after and have a 1000% better time if you like riding.
GloryDayz 07:26 AM 08-13-2020
I've got some friends there and they said it's a blast this year, and after I mentioned that I'm making sure everybody knows that it's (this year) is a political protest, they basically relied with "hell yes it is".

But the story about almost getting back to the camper before the mega-rain hit, almost, was really funny.
Page 3 of 29
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up